IGNORED

The Surfers And Other Flags?

Forza Revolution

There has been a very large surfer flag made in the same style as the flag below and i will try and get a photo of the flag as soon as i can

The flag is the surfer that the supporters club and trust have been collecting donations for, the same flag design that won the vote, however 3 lions bs3 was added due to a recent £500 donation from the pub's landlord

http://www.bristolcitysurferflags.co.uk/designs.html

249496_149233128589057_1900165965_n.jpg

What happened the the large flags on poles that used to be waved at the front of the EE?

What jake said, there wasnt enough help. 1000+ in the eastend yet only 2 people to do them.

I remember someone posting for help on here and ziderheads, noone ever bothered, and now there never used. Sums up our support at times, moan it is Awful yet do little to help.

They would definitely get a wave at the front of h block if they are just locked away collecting dust?

I would defo help out if we were able to get them in the H block and I'm sure the people up there now would help out as well, Does anyone know who has these flags?

Also, The large England Surfer? Where has that one gone?

I would defo help out if we were able to get them in the H block and I'm sure the people up there now would help out as well, Does anyone know who has these flags?

I'm getting one made for h. The England surfer I believe is worn out now after numerous repairs

Some flags including the flags on poles are in storage at another chaps house and another issue was apart from lack of people wanting to wave them there was a lack of care taken with the flags and poles just chucked on the floor and left with nothing put away properly.

Storage is an issue at the moment as x2 flags have gone missing from the box, the big sewn together flag and the big

spirit of 76 flag which i'm not very happy about.

I have the large England Surfer (big George) put away in my shed as it was too big to use in it's old space once the advertising netting emerged.

Missing from EE Box

262566_149271165251920_1734656720_n.jpg

Missing from EE Box

gow1422.jpg

Some flags including the flags on poles are in storage at another chaps house and another issue was apart from lack of people wanting to wave them there was a lack of care taken with the flags and poles just chucked on the floor and left with nothing put away properly.

Storage is an issue at the moment as x2 flags have gone missing from the box, the big sewn together flag and the big

spirit of 76 flag which i'm not very happy about.

I have the large England Surfer (big George) put away in my shed as it was too big to use in it's old space once the advertising netting emerged.

Thanks for the update, It's a shame about all that, Would be good if they could somehow get refurbished, When the H block get one it will look awesome with both ends

Sounds you put a lot of effort in with not much reward/help from others

Thanks for the update, It's a shame about all that, Would be good if they could somehow get refurbished, When the H block get one it will look awesome with both ends

Sounds you put a lot of effort in with not much reward/help from others

Not saying things are not going to return but it needs a lot of thought over the summer and a lot of joined up thinking for it to

work and that people are willing to get involved.

Not saying things are not going to return but it needs a lot of thought over the summer and a lot of joined up thinking for it to

work and that people are willing to get involved.

That's good then, Hopefully you get enough people to help in the Eastend, If not the H block would be more than welcome to give them a try :)

@Forza Whereabouts are the flags getting put up? On the side or at the back?

I want as many as possible in h block. I am hoping to meet with dave Lloyd etc to discuss plans for next year that a few of us have come up with. It would be great if cider head could join us to for some joined up thinking and maybe share his experiences. We're hoping to get a pub on board who will be our place to meet pre and post match and various other ideas. Hoping to discuss the various options on a Friday night in June. I have had numerous people contact me to say they're moving to the block.

Looks great. Where are you planning on flying it?

The size has been scaled down to be used in other stands as the Murray surfer was too big for say the Atyeo & Williams stands, plus it can be surfed or used over seating / segregation around Ashton gate.

But open to ideas where to fly it.

How big is that flag?

This flag size is 8000 mm x 6000 mm.

The size has been scaled down to be used in other stands as the Murray surfer was too big for say the Atyeo & Williams stands, plus it can be surfed or used over seating / segregation around Ashton gate.

But open to ideas where to fly it.

This flag size is 8000 mm x 6000 mm.

Happy to help surf / co-ordinate surfing in Atyeo mate? One at each end would look great. Do we have to wear hi viz? #amf

Everyone should look at www.bcfcsurferflags.co.uk website. it talks about raising money for flags across AG. It therefore it needs supporters from across AG to contribute to the fund. It can't just be a handful from the eastend doing all the work for the rest of the ground. However, I do think that if some of the flags which already exists were distributed across AG next season e.g one of the surfers in the Atyeo for example then more people would be willing to donate. I really feel there Is a lot of potential with the amount of keen people willing to get involved with this sort of thing we just need to co-ordinate. Seems our club has more people committed to atmos etc than most other club at our level. Just think of how many different skills / jobs people have in AG on a matchday. If we all work together we could probably save ourselves a lot of time and money. Probably guilty of occasional tangents myself sometimes but thats just enthusiasm. if we tailor this, we can definitely make AG a fortress. Lets start now for next year. I would encourage anyone who is keen to see more flags and visuals at AG to donate.

Archived