IGNORED

Gary Woods Anyone?

shaner89

Just seen Donny have released him (their main keeper this season) and are looking to keep Neil Sullivan instead.

Any takers for one of our keepers??

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11734/8724160/Rovers-announce-retained-list

FYI - SO'd signed him from Man U in 2009 so obviously saw potential - Maybe he will go for him again...?

Bonus !

Expect to see him pictured in the Atyeo , holding up a shirt in the next 2 weeks then.

Yep - That would be good - He is obviously good enough having been donnys main keeper and fits with everything the club are looking for going forward.

I'd imagine we'd be nailed on to sign him, unless he gets a better offer elsewhere.

Genuinely exciting prospect. Very odd decision from Doncaster regarding Sullivan. There may have been a word in the ear from S'OD that made Woods indicate that he wouldn't be signing on to be second (or third) choice.

I'd imagine we'd be nailed on to sign him, unless he gets a better offer elsewhere.

Genuinely exciting prospect. Very odd decision from Doncaster regarding Sullivan. There may have been a word in the ear from S'OD that made Woods indicate that he wouldn't be signing on to be second (or third) choice.

Agreed , I can only imagine he is being lined up for a coaching / back up role , seeing as Woods made 42 league appearances last season.

The key question is, is he any good? Lots of Injuries at Man U and not able to completely usurp Neil 'I'm 43' Sullivan in the Donny Goal, means it would be a gamble. Him and Castanheira as our two keepers would work, if he is any good

He played 42 League games for the team that finished champions of the league, in to which we have been relegated. Can't see how he wouldn't be good enough.

I think his non-renewal is because Donny have said that he won't be No. 1 in the Championship, whereas Sullivan at 43, probably on minimal wages, would be fine doing that.

That was exactly my thoughts! Would be a good choice IMO

The key question is, is he any good? Lots of Injuries at Man U and not able to completely usurp Neil 'I'm 43' Sullivan in the Donny Goal, means it would be a gamble. Him and Castanheira as our two keepers would work, if he is any good

Definitely exciting prospect, but wouldn't just have Woods and Castanheira - I would like to get another experienced keep ( or maybe a Loan ) as back up!

The fact that Woods played 42 games last season and Sullivan played 4 would strongly suggest that he did "usurp" him.

For me it depends how much truth there is the Flinders stuff, if we've agreed a deal (as is rumoured) then I doubt we'll be looking at signing Woods as well.

If not (or Flinders wants to go elsewhere) he seems a logical fit.

The fact that Woods played 42 games last season and Sullivan played 4 would strongly suggest that he did "usurp" him.

For me it depends how much truth there is the Flinders stuff, if we've agreed a deal (as is rumoured) then I doubt we'll be looking at signing Woods as well.

Think i would prefer Woods tbh - No 1 for Donny in promotion side - Why not!!! :D:D

Although Flinders is more experienced, I'm more excited by the promise that Woods seems to have.

I saw him play a couple of years ago down the Gate for Donny and a few times on the box and have been very impressed. As others have said 42 games in a League 1 title winning side suggests that he is easily good enough for us. Can't see us getting much better and I would argue he is already a better keeper than Flinders anyway regardless of age.

As for the injuries you are better at researching stuff than most but my recollection is that he hasn't missed that many games for Donny. Certainly not last season anyway.

Well, he's been number one, so having a young keeper and a younger back up works well. Emergency loans if required for injury. Two will do!

Yeh - Well pointed out - And then we won't have a totally depressed goalkeeper on the bench cuz Castanheira wouldn't necessarily expect to play where as Gerken did!

Would be a shrewd bit of business and still at an age where he can improve. The added bonus of being a league one title winner.

Seems like it would be a better move than Flinders financially. It does seem very very strange that Donny were happy to let him go though.

I know it doesn't mean much but he was linked with Everton last season. So for them to be looking at him even as reserve goalkeeper he must have something about him.

Is he actually any good? Does anyone know anything about him? And what is his ability level in comparison to flinders?

I'd be happy with either Woods or Flinders.

Since Woods is OOC he'd be the more natural choice, however, I do wonder why Donny have let him go? Could it be wages? Maybe he's asking too much and they don't want to overpay as a club (i.e. what we've done for years!!) Don't know?

Archived