IGNORED

Gary Johnson League One Manager Of The Year

Strictly Obi

Should have gone to Eddie Howe. Took over Bournemouth when they were on their knees and he turned it around. Johnson only got it because he had no budget but he had a chance to build a team. Howe inherited a squad that couldn't buy a win. i know he went out and bought big in January (Pitman, Ritchie) but he then had to re-jig the team again. Will be interesting to see how he gats on in the Championship next season. His experience at Burnley should stand him well.

One or our ex managers doing well. Why not congratulate him. Everyone was claiming David Moyes as one of ours when he got the MU job. Lighten up. Well done Gary. Welcome back any time and should get a good reception if he does.

Should have gone to Eddie Howe. Took over Bournemouth when they were on their knees and he turned it around. Johnson only got it because he had no budget but he had a chance to build a team. Howe inherited a squad that couldn't buy a win. i know he went out and bought big in January (Pitman, Ritchie) but he then had to re-jig the team again. Will be interesting to see how he gats on in the Championship next season. His experience at Burnley should stand him well.

+1 again

Yes, but Howe is a championship manager, so should be expected to do well in league 1, whereas everyone knows that Johnson is only a conference manager, so is punching well above his weight in league 1. ;)

Best wishes to Gary Johnson - he deserves the award. Will always be appreciative of his tenure at the club - which ended far too soon.

Hopefully SOD can repeat GJ's achievements at AG - whereupon he will receive the same respect.

What I find interesting is that GJ is knocked and rubbished, whilst SOD already commands more respect from some fans, when he has achieved nothing at AG. He couldn't even save us from relegation - which DMc had the previous season.

If some of our fans can easily disrespect a recent successful manager - then how long does SOD have before the knives are out again?

Ridiculous, Yeovil were 2nd favourites to go down and have no dosh, Bournemoth are awash with money and were always in with a shout. What GJ has done is incredible.

Bournemouth's recent spending makes ours look fairly restrained. They're going for it in a big way and it could all end badly.

Howe's a good manager and fits Bournemouth like Johnson fits Yeovil, but Johnson has achieved more with less.

Best wishes to Gary Johnson - he deserves the award. Will always be appreciative of his tenure at the club - which ended far too soon.

Hopefully SOD can repeat GJ's achievements at AG - whereupon he will receive the same respect.

What I find interesting is that GJ is knocked and rubbished, whilst SOD already commands more respect from some fans, when he has achieved nothing at AG. He couldn't even save us from relegation - which DMc had the previous season.

If some of our fans can easily disrespect a recent successful manager - then how long does SOD have before the knives are out again?

How long before they're out?

From my reading of OTIB, as farv as some were concerned they were out before the season ended!

I believe they already are.

This is like the old forum , slagging persons off telling like it is . Not this nice nice oh that's a funny thread lets keep it going .Roll on the football season, where the big guns come out, like, robo. Edmond. Trl. Tan. Ralf. And Barrs glyn aiz dez and the rest , to do battle .Rant over, sorry a bit bored. Feel better and mellow. So please forget the above statement and keep the funny threads going,at least till the season , C O Y R.

Ive never known anything divide our fanbase as much as the subject of Gary Johnson. Some points for all of you whingers and whiners.

1 - GJ is the most succesfull manager we've had since Alan Dicks... Fact. So he deserves a bit more respect from us than some of the bile thats posted about him.

But

2 - He had clearly gone stale by the time he left and it was quite obviously time for him to move on. We were sinking like a stone, anybody could see that.

And

3 - Everything is easy to say with hindsight. At the time GJ left we had a new stadium to look forward to, and were a relatively attractive proposition for the the likes of Coppell (nobody knew he'd do a runner either). So theres no point saying "oh look whats happened since he left"... The human race cannot read the future.

Also

4 - Hes never coming back here. So lets all just wish him well at Yeovil. Theyve done well, but lets face it its only going to be a couple of years max before we are above them again.

And

5 - Absolutist communism is the way forward.

Archived