IGNORED

Interesting Read About Clubs Attendances Including City's

City As F

Rovers crowds showed a slight increase which considering the postion we were in for most of the season and the shower of s hi te it was under Mcghee i'd say it was shocking that they went up, infact the gas had a higher average that 13 of the teams in the league above, id say thats not too bad (not great but in light of the position of the club and the fact many people are short of money right now not bad at all)

Slight drop for your lot but hardly surprising seening as you also had to put up with a load of dross

IF and its a big IF Rovers have a good season next year the average will be nearer 8k which i think stands up very well for bottom division footy, likewise if city do well you will have high attendances, its the nature of the Bristol sporting public , the rugby lot are even worse , 3- 5k tops in the championship , if they got into the Premier League again they would sell out most weeks

Also all 3 sports teams in Bristol are pretty expensive for the floating fan that likes to pay on the day

Rovers crowds showed a slight increase which considering the postion we were in for most of the season and the shower of s hi te it was under Mcghee i'd say it was shocking that they went up, infact the gas had a higher average that 13 of the teams in the league above, id say thats not too bad (not great but in light of the position of the club and the fact many people are short of money right now not bad at all)

Slight drop for your lot but hardly surprising seening as you also had to put up with a load of dross

IF and its a big IF Rovers have a good season next year the average will be nearer 8k which i think stands up very well for bottom division footy, likewise if city do well you will have high attendances, its the nature of the Bristol sporting public , the rugby lot are even worse , 3- 5k tops in the championship , if they got into the Premier League again they would sell out most weeks

Also all 3 sports teams in Bristol are pretty expensive for the floating fan that likes to pay on the day

Bottom line is that with the biggest crowds in L2 and even in L1 the gash are one of the better supported clubs; your performance on the pitch over the past decade has been shameful. Inept board and fickle fans who hound managers out at the first sign of trouble...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22541130

Rovers attendances are shocking as usual.

Really? Considering the rubbish served up until January and the fact we were rock bottom of the entire Football League, our average would have been 9th best in League 1, yet alone League 2, and when you consider the L1 total includes Sheff Utd, Coventry, Preston, Swindon and Portsmouth etc etc then that's not too bad.

Yes, it is down on recent seasons when we were averaging 7k plus, and 6,308 is not anything to shout about, but in the context of our position it's not that bad.

Bottom line is that with the biggest crowds in L2 and even in L1 the gash are one of the better supported clubs; your performance on the pitch over the past decade has been shameful. Inept board and fickle fans who hound managers out at the first sign of trouble...

Equally ayou could argue the outlay in wages ect by City compared to the return in performance on field has been shamefully inept as is your board for throwing money at things rather than sorting out the problems of employing inept coaches/managers ... for Buckle and Mcghee read Millen and mciness

swingas and roundabouts surely , neither club has much to shout about but i dont think eithers support can be knocked over the last few season after being delt some dross on field

Equally ayou could argue the outlay in wages ect by City compared to the return in performance on field has been shamefully inept as is your board for throwing money at things rather than sorting out the problems of employing inept coaches/managers ... for Buckle and Mcghee read Millen and mciness

swingas and roundabouts surely , neither club has much to shout about but i dont think eithers support can be knocked over the last few season after being delt some dross on field

Agree with that. Neither club has much to cheer about, both sets of fans have stuck with the team remarkably well

Borussia Dortmund

Average attendance- 80,000

Reason for this, Dirt cheap tickets, And Safe standing, You can fit more into the stadium and have the tickets cheap enough so they will cover all stadium staff wages for the day,

UK take a look!!

Dortmund have ALWAYS been well supported. And German fans generally behave themselves better than the UK...thats the main reason, plus they have expanded the ground loads from when I attended in the early 80's. Thats a perk of the grounds all being built inb the late 50's early 60's I guess..Cheap tickets I agree with 100%

good point. To be honest I think city AND rovers are relatively well supported. When was the last time either club had anything to really shout about? okay we had a couple of seasons giving it a shot at the prem but neither club has had sustainted success, or even short periods in the top flight in recent history. Considering how crap we have been the last four odd seasons I still think getting over 13k is decent, consider before Malaysia fc got their new stadium and started doing well, there crowds had dwindled to as low as 8k- in the top half of the ccc! Clubs like Watford got a smaller average this year and they could well be in the prem next season. With a new stadium and a bit of optimism in the championship we would be pushing 20k +, the gas would probably get 15k +- both sets of fans just need something positive to support!

What's interesting to note is Brighton's attendance figures, what with their new ground and all. The town is not that big, and plenty of those living there aren't local, plus up the road you've got all the London clubs, yet they pull in 26k a week.

What's interesting to note is Brighton's attendance figures, what with their new ground and all. The town is not that big, and plenty of those living there aren't local, plus up the road you've got all the London clubs, yet they pull in 26k a week.

They've always had a decent fan base I thought just not the facilities

Borussia Dortmund

Reason for this, Dirt cheap tickets, And Safe standing, You can fit more into the stadium and have the tickets cheap enough so they will cover all stadium staff wages for the day,

UK take a look!!

Agree.

Good post.

Shame the prawn sandwich eaters will negatively criticise this comment.

Yeovil – average crowds of just over 4,000. Doncaster – average crowds of just over 7,000. Bournemouth – average crowds of just under 7,000. All promoted to the Championship operating on small budgets and without the £50m debt City has. There must be a message there somewhere.

Well, the population of Sussex is 1.6 million so that's some catchment area, very wealthy too and clearly no-one watches Crawley, do they?

Borussia Dortmund

UK take a look!!

You've hit the nail on the head. Making the tickets dirt cheap would fill the ground every week, which in turn would attract better players and - dare I say it - inspire the team to play well.

You've hit the nail on the head. Making the tickets dirt cheap would fill the ground every week, which in turn would attract better players and - dare I say it - inspire the team to play well.

make the ticket prices dirt cheap and we couldn't afford those better players over the odds wages

Archived