IGNORED

Putting My Size Tens In....but:

Tall King Blox

Hows about a pre season "Friendly" against the sags, whoa their tiger before you all kick my arse...

They are on the up ( Dancing Danny ) assures us...

We are on the down ( We all know it's true )

so in my opinion it would be a perfect pre season stage to establish some kind of bench mark...

just to see where we are on footballing terms after the last three seasons of abject shite...

I know in bragging rights it would be a massive gamble by the club and fans if it went tits up,

but on the other hand if we beat them to hell and eternity it might keep them off this "city" forum

Sorry if this post upsets a few but i feel we need to know where we are on the football side of things,

frankly i dont think we can beat them with a new set of players who as yet are in all of our imaginations

All i say is lets take the bull by the horns and give it a go, Botswassisname....Nooo..... Willem II...Nooo

Lets have a pop at the sags and get our own self respect back on track.....

BTW....if it goes tits up we got all the excuses

Boring, we did that last year !

After a little thought, last year against them was a joke, we were a champ side and they were a chump side

i think the division in fitness, training and tactics was an abyss, they were an embarressment to their fans and to football in general

but sadly i think they would give us a good test under agent wards management......so whats the prob ?

Police costs would be too prohibitive. I would prefer our next meeting to be a proper competitive fixture, I was going to say in the UWE but that's at least a couple of years away so I hope we have one more at the Mem in L1 in 2014-15 first!

After a little thought, last year against them was a joke, we were a champ side and they were a chump side

i think the division in fitness, training and tactics was an abyss, they were an embarressment to their fans and to football in general

but sadly i think they would give us a good test under agent wards management......so whats the prob ?

I wasn't there that day but McGhee did a woeful job in pre-season, you're right the team weren't properly prepared even for the start of the season let alone a pre-season friendly, undertrained, unfit and tactically inept. McGhee persisted in playing players out of position, in bizarre formations. He'd basically lost the plot.

Many fans are disgusted that he didn't put out a side to compete at all in that friendly (or indeed for the remainder of 2012) - thankfully when John Ward came in he played players in their proper positions, got the basics right and the results were instantaneous.

Police costs would be too prohibitive. I would prefer our next meeting to be a proper competitive fixture, I was going to say in the UWE but that's at least a couple of years away so I hope we have one more at the Mem in L1 in 2014-15 first!

I wasn't there that day but McGhee did a woeful job in pre-season, you're right the team weren't properly prepared even for the start of the season let alone a pre-season friendly, undertrained, unfit and tactically inept. McGhee persisted in playing players out of position, in bizarre formations. He'd basically lost the plot.

Many fans are disgusted that he didn't put out a side to compete at all in that friendly (or indeed for the remainder of 2012) - thankfully when John Ward came in he played players in their proper positions, got the basics right and the results were instantaneous.

There's a surprise !!!

Hows about a pre season "Friendly" against the sags, whoa their tiger before you all kick my arse...

They are on the up ( Dancing Danny ) assures us...

We are on the down ( We all know it's true )

so in my opinion it would be a perfect pre season stage to establish some kind of bench mark...

just to see where we are on footballing terms after the last three seasons of abject shite...

I know in bragging rights it would be a massive gamble by the club and fans if it went tits up,

but on the other hand if we beat them to hell and eternity it might keep them off this "city" forum

Sorry if this post upsets a few but i feel we need to know where we are on the football side of things,

frankly i dont think we can beat them with a new set of players who as yet are in all of our imaginations

All i say is lets take the bull by the horns and give it a go, Botswassisname....Nooo..... Willem II...Nooo

Lets have a pop at the sags and get our own self respect back on track.....

BTW....if it goes tits up we got all the excuses

Would love it.

Dancing Daniel says he wants to wait for a competitive fixture but in reality this COULD be years away, he says they are on the up blah blah blah but on their site they say they have been getting promoted for the last couple of seasons.

Apparently they did not put out a side to complete in that friendly... :rofl2br:

Maybe this year it could be at the mem, could be a last chance to play there before they move out of Bristol again? :laughcont:

There's a surprise !!!

Well it's a long way from Greater Manchester for a meaningless friendly - especially to line the pockets of a rich professional City player!

You seem to regularly have a dig at me for going whenever I am able to - my working hours (shifts mean I regularly work weekends) and family commitments mean that I go as often as I can - rarely midweek but mainly every other home game at weekends and some away.

Until I moved up North I was a season ticket holder and never missed a game. Not sure what the issue is for attending at every possible opportunity.

City might have stolen the 'City, kids, wife in that order' flag but for me the kids will trump football every day of the week :)

Would love it.

Dancing Daniel says he wants to wait for a competitive fixture but in reality this COULD be years away, he says they are on the up blah blah blah but on their site they say they have been getting promoted for the last couple of seasons.

Apparently they did not put out a side to complete in that friendly... :rofl2br:

Maybe this year it could be at the mem, could be a last chance to play there before they move out of Bristol again? :laughcont:

Well your fans were saying you'd get promoted this season after a couple of early wins in August, so Rovers aren't unique in that ;):rofl2br:

And we didn't compete in that friendly (or any other friendly, or many matches at all for that matter in the back end of 2012)

Well it's a long way from Greater Manchester for a meaningless friendly - especially to line the pockets of a rich professional City player!

You seem to regularly have a dig at me for going whenever I am able to - my working hours (shifts mean I regularly work weekends) and family commitments mean that I go as often as I can - rarely midweek but mainly every other home game at weekends and some away.

Until I moved up North I was a season ticket holder and never missed a game. Not sure what the issue is for attending at every possible opportunity.

City might have stolen the 'City, kids, wife in that order' flag but for me the kids will trump football every day of the week :)

Where's that violin.

Well your fans were saying you'd get promoted this season after a couple of early wins in August, so Rovers aren't unique in that ;):rofl2br:

And we didn't compete in that friendly (or any other friendly, or many matches at all for that matter in the back end of 2012)

Yes some were for a short time after a couple of early wins as opposed to the divs on your site who have been rattling on about it for the past two years.

"Many fans are disgusted that he didn't put out a side to compete at all in that friendly" you said.

It was obvious you did not compete in that game, it was the most embarrassingly one sided derby I have ever seen and the first derby match I saw was the 1-1 draw at Eastville (second from last game there I think) I am not sure what players you would have picked in place of those who played though?

Yes some were for a short time after a couple of early wins as opposed to the divs on your site who have been rattling on about it for the past two years.

"Many fans are disgusted that he didn't put out a side to compete at all in that friendly" you said.

It was obvious you did not compete in that game, it was the most embarrassingly one sided derby I have ever seen and the first derby match I saw was the 1-1 draw at Eastville (second from last game there I think) I am not sure what players you would have picked in place of those who played though?

Well a number of your fans are already saying you'll walk L1 next year, no different I'd say after a relegation !

It's not the players, it was the fitness, tactics and organisation that was lacking under McGhee, and playing square pegs in round holes to mix a metaphor.

Well a number of your fans are already saying you'll walk L1 next year, no different I'd say after a relegation !

It's not the players, it was the fitness, tactics and organisation that was lacking under McGhee, and playing square pegs in round holes to mix a metaphor.

O.K Daniel, I think you know what I mean but as you are going to carry on with "Well your fans this, your fans that..." then you have bored me into submission.

As for your second sentence are you trying to say your team were utter sh-it? Having been at the game I believe this is the case?

Go on admit it... :D

A small number may I add

A lot of us know it's going to be difficult with a lot of new faces coming in, I wouldn't say walk it, but there is a huge difference in quality from Championship to League 1, I'll be happy with a play off place :)

O.K Daniel, I think you know what I mean but as you are going to carry on with "Well your fans this, your fans that..." then you have bored me into submission.

As for your second sentence are you trying to say your team were utter sh-it? Having been at the game I believe this is the case?

Go on admit it... :D

Yes, under McGhee I openly admit we were bobbins. There, I've said it. And said it a LOT last year until McGhee left, because it was the truth.

That's a terrible idea, in fact I'd say they are to blame for us getting relegated. They were so embarrassingly bad in LC's testimonial that we ended up thinking we were better than we were leading to a state of shock when we played decent opposition, which lasted 46 games.

Archived