IGNORED

The Mayor

bs3

The Mayor went on twitter yesterday to wish Bristol academy good luck in the Cup final he also said come on Ladies show up the men.

Thus guy is really an utter clown and shows us in that tweet he really don't like City or Rovers.

I supported the women's team yesterday but we don't have to make snide remarks like that to show our support . This man has no class.

The bloke is a dictator, it's his way or the highway.

You only have to listen to the 'discussion' he had with that artist in the Bearpit...."I can do this" & "I can do that".

He's gone power crazy and I did all in my power to get people to vote against him but we have too many Lib Dem, lentil eating, sandal wearing, NIMBYs in Bristol. :grr:

He will seriously **** our transport system up for good.

3-0 defeat. Massively outclassed Hardly a shot on goal. Sounds exactly like the men.

Hardly, when's the last time the men got to the FA Cup Final? It was a massive achievement just to get there.

Going back to the Mayor it's annoying how he's jumping onto every Bristol sport bandwagon hoping some of the success will rub off on him, first being photographed with the Bristol boxer who had a recent British title fight then having a photoshoot with the Ladies football team on College Green. I thought that Bristol's ceremonial Mayor was supposed to do that sort of thing? If not then what's he there for?

The bloke is a dictator, it's his way or the highway.

You only have to listen to the 'discussion' he had with that artist in the Bearpit...."I can do this" & "I can do that".

He's gone power crazy and I did all in my power to get people to vote against him but we have too many Lib Dem, lentil eating, sandal wearing, NIMBYs in Bristol. :grr:

He will seriously **** our transport system up for good.

Agree with this, bar the part about to many lib dems etc, for me what allowed this self serving man into power is the apathetic masses, and now it has dawned on them what this man will/ won't do it's too late, those who failed to vote are just a culpable as lentil eating NIMBYs.

The Mayor went on twitter yesterday to wish Bristol academy good luck in the Cup final he also said come on Ladies show up the men.

Thus guy is really an utter clown and shows us in that tweet he really don't like City or Rovers.

I supported the women's team yesterday but we don't have to make snide remarks like that to show our support . This man has no class.

..seems that landing this role has gone to his head-every week passes goes more power mad and devilishly keen to maximise his time on the throne regardless it seems to any public opinion.

So Bloody what....... yeah right BCFC were not very good...... but to crawl out of the woodwork and start shouting about ladies football actually makes me mad....... real mad

Bloke is a TWOT!

I wasn't too badly affected when I read the remark. Saying that, it was a far better 'put down' or 'dub' about our relegation than anything I've had directed at me by any basement dwelling needy Sag.

George Ferguson, better banter than Gasheads.

..seems that landing this role has gone to his head-every week passes goes more power mad and devilishly keen to maximise his time on the throne regardless it seems to any public opinion.

His latest 'scoop', is that he wants to ban juggernauts from Bristol. I tw @ ttered him and asked for his alternative.

The silence is deafening...............

The bloke is only interested in anything that will enlarge his personal bank balance/ego, if the BCFC numpties didn't frequent his establishment, he would probably try and get us shut down for producing too much hot air/pollution.

Vote 'No Confidence In George Ferguson as Bristol Mayor'.

and the fact that the European GAY rugby cup is being held in Bristol too-those in city hall must proud of our city

Along with the fact he wants to make us 'Green Capital' we need stadiums and tall buildings in our city. Grow some balls Ferguson!

Along with the fact he wants to make us 'Green Capital' we need stadiums and tall buildings in our city. Grow some balls Ferguson!

Green capital is just a vanity project for him.

Bristol will get no funds , no money just the titile of Green Capital , and how much has did this cost.

I loathe the man more than any other plotician today or in the best.

This is just wasting our cash, the Copenhagen Mayor was interviewed the other day......they have had bugger all investment from winning the Green Capital thingy.

There are much more important things that need sorting in Bristol, a tram system, schools, sports stadia, affordable homes, jobs........spend the cash on that not green stuff that doesn't get you anywhere.

We do not need tall buildings. Places like Manchester and Birmingham with no history to speak of before the Industrial Revolution might need tall buildings, but without any demand to fill them they would be white elephants. The tallish buildings we have are largely unlettable, mostly ugly and several are in line for conversion to student flats.

We do not need tall buildings. Places like Manchester and Birmingham with no history to speak of before the Industrial Revolution might need tall buildings, but without any demand to fill them they would be white elephants. The tallish buildings we have are largely unlettable, mostly ugly and several are in line for conversion to student flats.

In my opinion we do. We need a variety of buildings befitting a city of our stature, though they should be of high quality, as opposed to some of the matchbox structures put up in the 60/70s. Tall buildings, like low level and medium sized buildings would offer variety to our existing skyline and if located sympathetically can enhance the skyline and be a real benefit.. If it were leaft to the civic society and other pressure groups we'd not have Cabot tower, the Wills memorial building or even St Mary Redcliffe but, low level inferior shed like corrugated structures would be acceptable.

Leeds is a historic city and they have wellcomed tall structures as have other places. Canary wharf is a good example of quality tall buildings filling the requirement for offices. Some companies have set up their headquaters on the northern fringes of Bristol because they were easier and cheaper to build on greenfield sites, these could easily have been catered for in central Bristol and not been white elephants as they were built for purpose rather than speculatively.

In my opinion we do. We need a variety of buildings befitting a city of our stature, though they should be of high quality, as opposed to some of the matchbox structures put up in the 60/70s. Tall buildings, like low level and medium sized buildings would offer variety to our existing skyline and if located sympathetically can enhance the skyline and be a real benefit.. If it were leaft to the civic society and other pressure groups we'd not have Cabot tower, the Wills memorial building or even St Mary Redcliffe but, low level inferior shed like corrugated structures would be acceptable.

Leeds is a historic city and they have wellcomed tall structures as have other places. Canary wharf is a good example of quality tall buildings filling the requirement for offices. Some companies have set up their headquaters on the northern fringes of Bristol because they were easier and cheaper to build on greenfield sites, these could easily have been catered for in central Bristol and not been white elephants as they were built for purpose rather than speculatively.

You've hit the nail on the head. Regardless of height what we need are quality buildings (which to be fair to the civic society is their raisin d'être) the problem being most of the really poor buildings were speculatively built. At the moment there is little demand for bespoke headquarters buildings and the point about the northern fringes reinforces the inadequate size of Bristol's boundaries.

You've hit the nail on the head. Regardless of height what we need are quality buildings (which to be fair to the civic society is their raisin d'être) the problem being most of the really poor buildings were speculatively built. At the moment there is little demand for bespoke headquarters buildings and the point about the northern fringes reinforces the inadequate size of Bristol's boundaries.

I believe the civic society are behind the thinking that no building should be built over 7 or 8 storeys in Bristol, mirroring Florence.

With the pressure on greenfield sites for those headquaters and distribution centres, it makes sense to build upwards (within reason) in the areas already urbanised.

I believe the civic society are behind the thinking that no building should be built over 7 or 8 storeys in Bristol, mirroring

Anything 6-9 storeys is considered "tall" in Bristol and developers that propose any development of that height have to go through additional rigorous planning requirements. Anything 9+, essentially anything "higher than the spire of St. Mary redcliffe", is likely to get thrown out unless exceptional circumstances.....its a bit of a joke for a core uk city that sells itself as a financial and business centre

No Stadiums

No Tall Buildings

No Cars

No filling in potholes

Yes to Rip off firstbus

Yes to cyclists, but no to proper cycle lanes that suddenly tops when the road narrows.

This city is a ******* joke, might as well have Holloway as mayor as to this red trousered buffoon

Anything 6-9 storeys is considered "tall" in Bristol and developers that propose any development of that height have to go through additional rigorous planning requirements. Anything 9+, essentially anything "higher than the spire of St. Mary redcliffe", is likely to get thrown out unless exceptional circumstances.....its a bit of a joke for a core uk city that sells itself as a financial and business centre

This takes us back to George and his opinions of what OUR city should be like. I think he was part of the civic society and is still closely linked to them. He would like us all riding bikes, buying our food from market stalls (especially his) and generally living like the french, who he admires so much he holidays there regularly. He's recently stated that he wants to see an increase in the percentage of bicycle journeys increased by 30 odd percent, he obviously intends to achieve this increase in percentages by reducing the ability to travel through the city by any other means than bike or bus, therefore increasin the percentage of bike journeys.

Archived