IGNORED

Wembley Attendance Record

City As F

Didn't say it was the biggest Wembley attendance, if you read up it says biggest championship play off final. Not "scraping the barrel" just sharing a little knowledge for those who are interested, don't know what's with some members on this forum, sigh

The overall attendance record was for Cardiff City v Portsmouth, 89,874 at the 2008 FA Cup Final.

I won't add the "For any one who's interested." bit :rolleyes:

You lot couldnt even sell out in a playoff final.

We were talking about this yesterday before the game, I was sure the attendance record was going to be broken due to both teams being so close to Wembley, Watford is almost walkable isn't it. It did say both teams sold all their allocation though so it must have been the prawnies who didn't find the teams glamorous enough.

The overall attendance record was for Cardiff City v Portsmouth, 89,874 at the 2008 FA Cup Final.

I won't add the "For any one who's interested." bit :rolleyes:

Welcome back!

How many did you take to that final, out of interest?

Blimey, Cardiff City and Portsmouth in the FA Cup final only 5 years ago. What happened to those teams?

Welcome back!

How many did you take to that final, out of interest?

Blimey, Cardiff City and Portsmouth in the FA Cup final only 5 years ago. What happened to those teams?

One team got shafted by dodgy foreign owners and fell down the league, the other got shafted by dodgy foreign owners and now play in red.

The :gasmask: also hold the record for the basement division record PO final attendance.

Just shows how embarrassingly under performing (potential wise) both Bristol clubs are.

I wonder how many Bristolians went to both play-off finals

I don't think it is a comment on the potential of the City, some might say that it is strong enough to have two proffessional clubs representing Bristol.

I believe there is the potential for one club to be huge, sustained success opens the door to this.

were scraping the barrel for accolades there. im pretty sure there was thousands of emptys that year as well. corporate!!

As there are plenty of people on here eager to tell us how great Holloway and Palace are I don't see anything wrong with posting a positive fact about City. We also could've sold more (presumably Hull could've as well).

Now, lets get back to the righteous Skelator 'love in'.

Didn't say it was the biggest Wembley attendance, if you read up it says biggest championship play off final. Not "scraping the barrel" just sharing a little knowledge for those who are interested, don't know what's with some members on this forum, sigh

I thought it was worth a mention.

Better than getting all gooey over King Bone Dome from Banjo Island.

• Admin

were scraping the barrel for accolades there. im pretty sure there was thousands of emptys that year as well. corporate!

Que? We sold our full allocation when we appeared at Wembley and sold more than our allocation at the MillStad (because QPR couldn't sell all theirs).

41k wasn't it. We could of sold a lot more.

I've a photo that a Hull fan took of the City end that day, and it is very surprising how many empty seats there were, and not just in the Club Wembley section

41k was at Cardiff against Carlisle, same reason, Carlisle came in a mini bus and still to this day we have had the largest following of any club side at the Millenium Stadium

I was expecting the game yesterday to beat our attendance. Especially as the teams are so close to Wembley. Shame our result went the wrong way.

Does anyone know what the smallest attendance for a football match at the new Wembley is?

16 751

Archived