IGNORED

New Everton Badge

Well, I'm glad your not our marketing manager in that case. The return of the robin would be a massive boost for club throught the sale of rebranded merchandise. Kevin Smith if you a reading this have a look at Weder Bremen's fan shop to see how the Germans do it.

werder is probably the worst example to follow! there was uproar when they announced wiesenhof as the shirt sponsor, due to the appaling way that company ("allegedly") treats animals before turning low-quality parts of them into re-processed meat products

that piece of awful PR cost werder a significant amount of respect and revenue in terms of merchandise sales

It's only a genuine display of what apparently 1500 fans want, not most or even a large percentage of fans want. That is ultimately the point.

There is nothing wrong with the east end. I'm just saying they like to campaign for things and often regard their "noisy minority" with being a reflection of ALL fans, which it isn't.

I'm in the EE I want to keep the crest as it reflects the city of Bristol which we are the main club for,

werder is probably the worst example to follow! there was uproar when they announced wiesenhof as the shirt sponsor, due to the appaling way that company ("allegedly") treats animals before turning low-quality parts of them into re-processed meat products

that piece of awful PR cost werder a significant amount of respect and revenue in terms of merchandise sales

Shame for Werder. There are some dodgy sponsors out there. I am glad we have Blackthorn rather than some loan shark wonga-like company. I only picked Werder because their website was in English and had some interesting items on it. The maddest might be this item http://www.werder-fanshop.de/en/101/1275/Werder-Bremen-Baking-tray-for-biscuits . Some might regard all this as tat - (it probaby is) but it's good quality tat and there is plenty of choice.

At the end of the day evertons petition had over 20 thousand signatures, all forums, had polls with 90%+ disapproval ratings. We are split down the middle if not more inclined to the current badge as a fan base. Everton will lose 50% if not more on shirt sales next season. That's a massive dent to vitor pereiras transfer budget. Changing our badge would make little difference in my opinion. People would buy the shirt regardless.

Ironically, there's a suggestion that merchandise sales might actually go up as it has one-season novelty value. Apparently, Everton fans also had a disaster shirt in 1986 overturned after one year (not the norm back then) due to unanimous unpopularity. That shirt has still been reproduced as retro fashion!

At City we would struggle to decide who's turn it is to make the tea, after countless polls and committee meetings, such is the diversity in opinion on anything.

I personally would favour a classy version of the robin, suspension bridge and football as it has a unique character that is identified with our club alone. But forget campaigning with our lack of unity.

Never had much of an opinion either tbh. Until I was wearing a black beeny hat in town where I live in Worthing and someone thought it was Sussex fire brigade, I went home and checked, from a very small distance it does look the same!

I think perhaps all companies need to freshen up and rebrand from time to time, A fresh design of robin/bridge could be the catalyst for an improved Bristol city brand.

Anyway I've got fires to put out, and cats to rescue.

Doesn't reflect the whole of the South West for which we are the main club.

By that rational, then shouldn't Man Utd's badge incorporate something like the map of the UK..?!

We are BRISTOL City not South West Utd.

I personally don't mind either badge and if pushed would have a slight preference towards the coat of arms that is currently used because it's looks a little bit more "grown up" than the Robin option, but then I quite like the unique angle of the Robin, Brisge and Football of the other badge.

Either way I'm not really fussed - my point was that only a Max of 1,500 people, probably a fair few less after replacated signatures on the two formats are taken into account. Therefore, the majority would appear to NOT favour a change back to the "Old" Robin badge.

Just wondering what badges we think are good -for me I like the Charlton badge + Arsenal Spus & West Ham -simple but distinctive is the way to go -you have to llok hard to discover what ours is and that should never be. The worst one has to be swindon's - they changed from quite a good one to that. At least our old robin /bridge one was distinctive -far better than what we have now!

Just wondering what badges we think are good -for me I like the Charlton badge + Arsenal Spus & West Ham -simple but distinctive is the way to go -you have to llok hard to discover what ours is and that should never be. The worst one has to be swindons - they changed from quite agood one to that. At leas our old robin /bridge one was distinctive far better than what we have now!

I agree, Arsenal, Spurs, Charlton & WH have done a good job of the rebranded badge. Clean, clear and classy. Everton's is so bad, No wonder the fans are so annoyed.

I like our badge but looking around it's hard to find another team that has so little link with the imagery on their club badge...

By that rational, then shouldn't Man Utd's badge incorporate something like the map of the UK..?!

We are BRISTOL City not South West Utd.

Well yes I was questioning the logic of saying we are bristol city therefore we have to have the coat of arms - when in actual fact we are a big club with supporters coming to Ashton Gate from a wide region.

You might want to limit the club to just Bristol, but many of us don't. I'm sure you wouldn't want to limit your clientele to just BS3 would you?

We're a regional football super power*. Let's have our own badge.

* just having another blip at the moment.

I come from N Somerset but I am more than happy for the badge to represent Bristol and Bristol City. That's where the club has been located for a long time yes? Anybody who is not a football fan would not give a hoot to what is on the badge.

Archived