IGNORED

New Eastender

woodred94

There is a simple resolution to this young'uns sing to quick malarkey!! FFS stop moaning about it on OTIB and do something about it, if all the people who sit in the corner and in their opinions sing at the correct speed (wait for it because this is the genius part...) MOVE BY THE NET then the young un would have to learn to sing slower.

I just don't get why there is a divide when clearly there is a simple resolution it just needs some people to actually do something and not tap away at their keyboards all night moaning!

Rant over

I find grown men wearing replica shirts embarrassing, but if that's how they want to support football that's fine.

What I do find seriously cringeworthy though, is grown men in replica shirts, stood next to netting abusing away fans.

what i find embarrassing is those who go on the ee with no intention of joining in ! its not a cheap tickitt , its a calling !

Welcome to the East End.

As long as you come in and sing your a$$ off and contribute to the atmos then you're more than welcome.

I have a feeling though, that due to this being the cheapest area (and seemingly less restrictions than previous years), we're going to see a lot of folks switching to the EE this season and not being a 'part of it'.

As long as you're in there to contribute, rather than because it's cheap, then I welcome you.

Oh Harry.............its about being "part of it" and freedom of choice............where to sit/stand. Wether you are 2 months old or 80yrs old, wether you stand by the net or in the corner, wether you sit at the front or stand at the back, sing or shout, watch the opposition fans or watch the game makes no difference the Eastend is/should be open to all

As for the money side of it yes its cheap, but in this day and age dont we look for bargains and value?

There is a simple resolution to this young'uns sing to quick malarkey!! FFS stop moaning about it on OTIB and do something about it, if all the people who sit in the corner and in their opinions sing at the correct speed (wait for it because this is the genius part...) MOVE BY THE NET then the young un would have to learn to sing slower.

I just don't get why there is a divide when clearly there is a simple resolution it just needs some people to actually do something and not tap away at their keyboards all night moaning!

Rant over

People stand where they stand for a reason. We sing chants at them suggesting they are singing too fast but they don't even hear it because they're too busy belting out 'do do do do, every player' at a million miles an hour. It's like they've just found their cock.

Also they even sing faster than the drum! I have never been a fan of a drum but for the odd song it helps keep the tempo...not for the betters though they will have started 3 or 4 other songs by the time that one song is finished! It is a real shame but until they listen it will never change.

What a brilliant thread. Do you think all fans are like us and love nothing more than to bicker, divide, put everyone else down, self righteous and convinced they are better than the other group?

Why do people moan about the 'young uns'? We were all young once and in just a couple of years they won't be the youngs one anymore, to quote sir cliff,.

Cue someone embarrassing themselves with posts referring to things like pecking order and respect, as if we are living 1960's east end London.

What a brilliant thread. Do you think all fans are like us and love nothing more than to bicker, divide, put everyone else down, self righteous and convinced they are better than the other group?

Why do people moan about the 'young uns'? We were all young once and in just a couple of years they won't be the youngs one anymore, to quote sir cliff,.

Cue someone embarrassing themselves with posts referring to things like pecking order and respect, as if we are living 1960's east end London.

It is all about respect though, my grandfather didnt repair fighter planes and bombers in the Second World War, for these young ones with no respect to sing at a million miles an hour.

Because we have sh1t fans??

Bless.

Is 1883 supposed to fool us into thinking your a City fan who has just used a random number as your username? Of course your Gas mates who undoubtedly read this site will recognise 1883 and think your some kind of undercover agent.

You lot are so ******* thick sometimes.

You will read similar on other teams sites. bristol city get held up as being more than decent with a bit of edgenand the eastend as a cracking old skool stand. Always been divisions for decades with boys ans scarfers casuals and scatters. Always been sorts of pecking orders and different sections around the ground. Differences in the past between dolman to enclosure enclosure to to EE to rest of Williams felt massive.

The block by the mural who on the whole know each other have little or nothing to do with otib.some think forums are a bit nerdy. this site basically means??

Rant over

+100

+100

Don't people understand though, the majority of people stood by the netting get to the ground very very early. Quite a lot of people get to the ground bang on kick off.

What do you want, 100 people to get in at there normal time, go over to the netting and barge people out of the way to make space?

Also, others do not want to be around people abusing the away fans

Don't people understand though, the majority of people stood by the netting get to the ground very very early. Quite a lot of people get to the ground bang on kick off.

What do you want, 100 people to get in at there normal time, go over to the netting and barge people out of the way to make space?

Also, others do not want to be around people abusing the away fans

Okay then, do nothing. Just singing songs at them isn't going to help, especially when you can hear what the other lot are signing, which happens.

If people want a change they have to instigate it. If that means getting to the ground 10-15 mins earlier then so be it. It's not going to change otherwise.

If people aren't going to take action then what's the point of threads on here about they sing too quick blah blah blah....

It's ridiculas!

Okay then, do nothing. Just singing songs at them isn't going to help, especially when you can hear what the other lot are signing, which happens.

If people want a change they have to instigate it. If that means getting to the ground 10-15 mins earlier then so be it. It's not going to change otherwise.

If people aren't going to take action then what's the point of threads on here about they sing too quick blah blah blah....

It's ridiculas!

The netting starts getting busy well before 10 minutes before a game. I get in the ground at 2.30 and wouldn't get a spot by the netting

The netting starts getting busy well before 10 minutes before a game. I get in the ground at 2.30 and wouldn't get a spot by the netting

With all due respect that's bs, I get in there at 2.45/2.50 and I still manage to get a spot there. Stop making excuses for not wanting to do anything about it and carry on moaning like the rest of them.

Gas, do your young ones have a nick name within other fans?

The ones that enjoy singing at breakneck speeds who stand by the netting, are called the KFC crew here.

Their hobbies enjoy, pretending to be hard behind the netting, singing very fast and tucking in to some good old popcorn chicken.

I've only heard them referred to as "young 'uns", although, from the look of some of them, I think they would claim allegiance to the mighty Gas Hit Squad. :laugh:

They get in there very early and yes there is space but its cringe worthy over there so I avoid it and dont want to be associated with it. People like where they stand...nobody should need to move.

I don't thinl these netters understand what a good atmosphere is because this divide has been established only in the past 2 or 3 seasons where bar a few excellent atmospheres the atmosphere has levelled out. If the netters understood what it takes to make a decent atmosphere they would keep in time.

They get in there very early and yes there is space but its cringe worthy over there so I avoid it and dont want to be associated with it. People like where they stand...nobody should need to move.

I don't thinl these netters understand what a good atmosphere is because this divide has been established only in the past 2 or 3 seasons where bar a few excellent atmospheres the atmosphere has levelled out. If the netters understood what it takes to make a decent atmosphere they would keep in time.

Don't expect anything to change if your not willing to do anything about it.

I think it's a little unfair to criticise the younger EE supporters, as at least they contribute to the noise weather you like their content or not.

My beef has always been with the 90% of supports sat on other parts of the stadium who have no interest in creating any kind of atmosphere.

A united EE is something we should be pushing for mind

It's ridiculas!

The thought of somebody attempting to move the types you find in the lions spotted cow and terrace bar over is quite funny. Who on here could instigate that fans parliament supporters club none of them have any clout mate. It would make more sense to leave the young kiddies to it. Can't hear them one side move it bit one side and others wont either.

The thought of somebody attempting to move the types you find in the lions spotted cow and terrace bar over is quite funny. Who on here could instigate that fans parliament supporters club none of them have any clout mate. It would make more sense to leave the young kiddies to it. Can't hear them one side move it bit one side and others wont either.

Sounds like a challenge :devil:

But no that area is the whole point of the Eastend as that corner points ''EAST'' the real Eastend so I would not move towards the netting just to conduct choir practice.

There is noise in the EE where there was once silence, so fast or slow people should just enjoy it while they still have the stand as it could well be knocked down soon.

To be fair the only place I hear or read any analysing of the EE fans performance is on this forum which I suspect by those who don't go in the stand, I don't hear it in the pubs on match days? :dunno:

It's ludicrous some of the stuff on here. Get in early go in the middle tractors and chains on legs wouldn't get many out of the bar at quarter to three let alone early.

True, and now the added distraction of the cider bar outside the EE gates won't have me thinking of beats per minute on our play list and everyone stand in line here there and everywhere etc ;)

The key to a good day in the EE is spontaneity, be spontaneous as the best songs/chants have happened just by this,

over planning never always hits the spot.

Ha ha ha ha leave the pub ha ha ha ha to stand in the midd ha ha ha ha.

No, I can't go on, it hurts too much

I know were in pc land kev but fill in the blank ;)

Ten full natch cans standing on the bar

Ten full natch cans standing on the bar

And if ________________________________

:fear::innocent06:

With all due respect that's bs, I get in there at 2.45/2.50 and I still manage to get a spot there. Stop making excuses for not wanting to do anything about it and carry on moaning like the rest of them.

True, I can get that about 10 to 3 and get a seat....it's true what Streety BCFC is saying! You expect change by singing a song at them!? Are you gone in the head! The kids nearer the away fans (the green street 12 year olds) can barley count to 10 let alone multitask. Watching football, texting, setting up imaginary meets behind KFC and singing is clearly all to much as it is! Adding "listening" into that could just end in an even more shambles!

Also as I was renewing I had a cheeky look at the computers screen as they checked the seating for my mate in the eastend, we got 4 blocks and 2 and a half were highlighted red....so just one and a half blocks to sale!

Archived