IGNORED

Kids S/t In The Eastend

Jordanwasalegend

For the first time I'm seriously considering buying a season ticket for myself and my 11 year old. Would it be advisable to buy one in the eastend or is it more sensible to go in the family area.

I've been a city fan since 86 and my old man always took me and my brother in the eastend as kids. I know things have changed over the years but I'd love to go back in their as it does have the best atmosphere.

I've taken her a few times to games in recent years in the ateo and williams stand which she's loved but I just wondered what people's thoughs are on kids in the eastend.

Cheers

there are other kids in there so it should be fine.

due to people standing you'll be better off near the front otherwise your daughter may struggle to see the game.

also, you need to accept that your daughter will hear more swearing than in the family enclosure - it bothers some parents but not others. i will certainly be taking my kids in there in a few years, it didn't do me any harm when i was a kid!

Yeah get in the eastend. You can sit where you want, Get involved with the singing and the view really isn't that bad, So long as you don't stand at the top, Get near the front and your view will be fine. Plus another advantage we stay nice and dry in the EE when it rains :D

There seems to be a lot more children going into the eastend this year, I really hope this doesn't change the dynamics of the stand.

The club have been good with letting the eastend grow, and understand fans still want a more "adult" area. They have provided family areas too.

I'm not aiming this at your my original poster, just that the eastend should not be filled with dodgy looks from parents, when a grown adult says something they might not like.

I went in the eastend with my 2 boys for the last 3 seasons we either stand at the back (boys was ok standing on seats) or sat at the very front, the boys love the eastend but I wanted to go for a better view next season so have moved to the Williams

Thanks for the advice so far much appreciated. It really is out of the eastend and ateo for me. The swearings not a problem I knew before I originally took my daughter in the past that there would be swearing and she's a pretty mature 11 year old who know's the swear words but know's not to use them (not to my knowledge anyway!!!).

It's really about trying to give her the same buzz that I got as a kid, I like to join in songs but have to mind my language when she's there but as I say she's pretty smart and it actually makes her laugh.

Thanks for your advice

COYR

Archived