IGNORED

Youth Infused Team, Somewhat Competitive

ciderbeans

.....................new keeper........................

Moloney........flint........new cb.....Cunningham

..........................wynter................................

...................Kelly............Reid............................

..........burns..........................Ajala.....................

............................krans.........................................

No idea who keeper will be and I wouldn't mind lascelles on loan filling that cb spot. That in mind, I think that is a pretty competitive team full of attacking intent with midfielders in place to put themselves about. This team is based on what we currently have minus flint and main first team members of which I'm not fussed if we lost them.

What are people's thoughts?

My thoughts are that Krans upront on his own in League one is asking a little too much, I think we're much more likely to play with two upfront. Other than that it's good to see the potential but with youth you need experience and leadership, Carey fits that mould but most seem to want him not to play so in that case we need a couple of experienced players to put into that starting line up.

Just bored and want the new season to get under way to see how good our youth can actually be. I know the line up is unlikely but it's nice to see the potential. And I'm just looking to gather thoughts on who out of our youth are likely to play a promenant part next season. I could easily see all players within that line up playing a good part

Whilst it is exciting to see POTENTIAL coming through, can I ask the OP how many times (roughly) he has seen the youngsters in that line up play, by which to conclude that the line up might be successful? And also ask, how many goals at first team, league football level, the 9 players mentioned have scored, before I get to carried away with the "attacking intent" shown on that team sheet...?!

Whilst it is exciting to see POTENTIAL coming through, can I ask the OP how many times (roughly) he has seen the youngsters in that line up play, by which to conclude that the line up might be successful? And also ask, how many goals at first team, league football level, the 9 players mentioned have scored, before I get to carried away with the "attacking intent" shown on that team sheet...?!

as ciderbaens said it's only a thought and also it's only attacking INTENT ;) plus we haven't got that much to play with team prediction wise have we?

as ciderbaens said it's only a thought and also it's only attacking INTENT ;) plus we haven't got that much to play with team prediction wise have we?

Well, as things stand, you could add Baldock, Davies, Anderson, Elliot (possibly) who are all far more proven and have goals under their belt.

I'm all for bringing the youth through, but it needs to be a transition with a mix of youth and experience (proven ability at this level or higher)

Without looking at stats, I'm guessing there are no more than 10 career league goals amongst that whole line up! That would be TOO big a reliance on youth IMO.

Well, as things stand, you could add Baldock, Davies, Anderson, Elliot (possibly) who are all far more proven and have goals under their belt.

I'm all for bringing the youth through, but it needs to be a transition with a mix of youth and experience (proven ability at this level or higher)

Without looking at stats, I'm guessing there are no more than 10 career league goals amongst that whole line up! That would be TOO big a reliance on youth IMO.

Fair enough but if Baldock and Davies are with us next season I'd be surprised and happy....Elliot will probably go too, looking forward to seeing Anderson if all's well. The point of the post,I think, was to imagine a team of youngsters and new signings. We are League 1 now and some of those younger players will playing a part, might be a perfect time for them to do so

Fair enough but if Baldock and Davies are with us next season I'd be surprised and happy....Elliot will probably go too, looking forward to seeing Anderson if all's well. The point of the post,I think, was to imagine a team of youngsters and new signings. We are League 1 now and some of those younger players will playing a part, might be a perfect time for them to do so

I'm just saying that if we start the season with a line up consisting of next to no career goals on their CV, then I will be a little bit concerned. Bar 3 players listed, there are hardly even any appearances on their CV. We need SOME proven players mixed in with the youthful potential.

If your wanting to base out team line up on how many goals they've scored, the first teamers haven't exactly done much to shout about. Yes, our youth are unproven, but they have that raw ability that can be improved on and they will have the desire to play well week in week out as they have a need to impress. I'd take this attributes over the inconsistency of Elliot and even Davies anyday. Now is the time to give the youth a chance and move the club in a new fresh direction, so why hinder it by playing players who aren't so bothered and are just happy to pick up the pay cheque at the end of the week?....

If your wanting to base out team line up on how many goals they've scored, the first teamers haven't exactly done much to shout about. Yes, our youth are unproven, but they have that raw ability that can be improved on and they will have the desire to play well week in week out as they have a need to impress. I'd take this attributes over the inconsistency of Elliot and even Davies anyday. Now is the time to give the youth a chance and move the club in a new fresh direction, so why hinder it by playing players who aren't so bothered and are just happy to pick up the pay cheque at the end of the week?....

That's it. Close this thread immediately

In this country we call it 'wages', not a pissing 'pay cheque'. My other half bangs on about bloody 'pay cheques', which surprises me, as she's not American (I'm guessing that you're not either?). What next, calling the beautiful game 'soccer'........I know it's summer, and we're all bored without football and Flint not signing yet, but can we please continue to speak proper English

That's it. Close this thread immediately

In this country we call it 'wages', not a pissing 'pay cheque'. My other half bangs on about bloody 'pay cheques', which surprises me, as she's not American (I'm guessing that you're not either?). What next, calling the beautiful game 'soccer'........I know it's summer, and we're all bored without football and Flint not signing yet, but can we please continue to speak proper English?

I've added a question mark to the end of that for you. You're welcome.

Don't get me wrong, I generally agree with you.

I'm just tempering the excitement of youth players coming through by asking what we are excited about, exactly. How many times have you seen most of those you have selected actually play..?!

I remember being excited that we had the likes of future England star Dwayne Plummer on our books, not to mention countless others!

I think that Pemberton could be a fantastic appointment, who can help realise some of their potential, but in wont happen in 1 preseason.

I've added a question mark to the end of that for you. You're welcome.

It wasn't a question, it was a comment. You're welcome too

Calm down woodsy. You got my drift, why do you have a bee in your bonnet about a figure of speech?

We're not here to discuss the finer art of our language. We're here to talk football. So either talk about the latter or take your opinions and jog on

******* hell beans, someone pissed on your corn flakes this morning.....it was a joke

Good lord, has everyone lost their sense of humour today?

Then it would require a full stop which was also omitted. Just like it was again in the above comment.

It takes an extra special kind of wet weekend to say what you did ^^^. I was puzzling over where Mark Lawrenson's tash went, turns out it went back West and grew fingers so it could bore us again. You, buddy better hope our season's not over early because if it is I will have nothing better to do than Speak and Spell your @ss

Archived