IGNORED

What Would You Like To See In Wellred Match Programmes?

hippy273

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130604-wellred-855049.aspx

Upon reading this, communication from Lansdown and the board definitely sprung to mind. I would like to see more about what the board have to say as well as the manager and the players on the pitch. I'd like to know more behind the scenes as evidence that the club is moving forward and not back. And SL himself could use this with more to communicate with the fans seeing as he lives away!

In Well Red I

Like Dislike

Sean O'Driscoll column The big picture

Half time quiz Community Trust

Visitors section City Foundation

Your shout Match Review

Interviews Round up

A to Z

Scott Murray

I also liked the old pictures with who the players were and where they are now.

Buying program's up and down the country I think that ours is one of the better ones but not the best so it can be improve.

I've just posted to Mark Perrow asking for the reinstatement of the 'news from the Physio's bench' which used to feature in past editions of Wellred. It was dropped a few seasons ago, but I always found it interesting to hear how players were recovering from injuries. Anyone else like to see it return?

How about a one page with a review of the club 10/20/30 years a go - matches, players, etc - would bring back fond memories (I have forgotten more about games/players than I remember) - also newer fans would get a taste of the club in the past (good and bad times).... some of my fondest memories of the club come when people say "remember the game against... that goal against/by... the final game of season..." the mind goes back, scrabbling for the memories and then it all comes flooding in like vintage film in your head.....

Would be interesting to see sales figures for programmes over the last few seasons as to me it seems to be fairly redundant now.

You will always get the kids and the collectors who will purchase them but it does seem a hard sell for £3 to get information that is sent to print 3 days before a game and you can easily find on the internet on your phone before a game/at half time.

I haven't bought a programme in two years but would be interesting to see sections like;

• On this day in .... - A section on something that happened on the specific day in the history of the club.
  • Catching Up with the U21s - More information on the progress of the club's academy sides and U21 league.
  • Focus on an U21 - A full page interview with one of our younger players; Krans, Bryan, Ajala, Burns, Reid etc. etc.
  • The Secret Footballer - A section where a player talks about what's gone on in training/within the club since the last issue from his point of view and reveal who the player is in the last issue of the season.

I'd also reformat it, change it to the same size as a standard US comic book. Bigger pages, but less pages (approx 28-32) with the view to having a programme that wasn't full of filler material and a 33% reduction in price. There's no point having 60 pages if people skip half of them - you might be able to incorporate more ads that way but it makes the final product shite. Would also use slightly thinner paper, could fold it easier into your back pocket.

I haven't bought a programme in two years but would be interesting to see sections like;

• On this day in .... - A section on something that happened on the specific day in the history of the club.
  • Catching Up with the U21s - More information on the progress of the club's academy sides and U21 league.
  • Focus on an U21 - A full page interview with one of our younger players; Krans, Bryan, Ajala, Burns, Reid etc. etc.
  • The Secret Footballer - A section where a player talks about what's gone on in training/within the club since the last issue from his point of view and reveal who the player is in the last issue of the season.

I'd also reformat it, change it to the same size as a standard US comic book. Bigger pages, but less pages (approx 28-32) with the view to having a programme that wasn't full of filler material and a 33% reduction in price. There's no point having 60 pages if people skip half of them - you might be able to incorporate more ads that way but it makes the final product shite. Would also use slightly thinner paper, could fold it easier into your back pocket.

Agree - it would save the club money as well - and large print, with lots of visual panes. Would prob sell loads at £1 (and sell them at the kiosk as well - so you can just chuck a £1 over when you buy your coffee.... or do they already do that ? Never seen it, but I'm told i am as blind as a bat to things around me).

I have always respected the political viewpoints of the topless ladies of "page 3" fame. I find their quote captions both insightful and conveniently placed next to erect nipple. I would like to see more of this.

Agree - it would save the club money as well - and large print, with lots of visual panes. Would prob sell loads at £1 (and sell them at the kiosk as well - so you can just chuck a £1 over when you buy your coffee.... or do they already do that ? Never seen it, but I'm told i am as blind as a bat to things around me).

33% less would be £2 but yeah. I imagine there's a bit of a contract problem with why they don't sell them at the kiosks in that the kiosks are with a contracted company so selling a club product alongside would breach it in some way.

Would be interesting to see sales figures for programmes over the last few seasons as to me it seems to be fairly redundant now.

You will always get the kids and the collectors who will purchase them but it does seem a hard sell for £3 to get information that is sent to print 3 days before a game and you can easily find on the internet on your phone before a game/at half time.

I still get one occasionally when there is a major article to be read, such as the arrival of SOD.

More stuff that isn't just repeated off of the website? Seems pointless to buy something for £3 when I've already read it days earlier.

You'll be lucky - I raised this at the Q&A session with Steve Lansdown and Colin Sexstone about four years ago - nothing changed!!

I know some people like to collect them.... but just think that something cheap/flimsy for a £1 would sell well - if it was visual with good articles, and was throwaway (which most are) - produce better/collectable decent programmes for the more important matches.

This probably won't be possible, but what I would want is something similar to the 'next opposition' scouting reports from Football Manager. Stuff like types of goal conceded, whether it be headers, outside the box, set pieces, goals for and against certain formations, their performances against certain formations. All good stuff but a bit data intensive, and if we do have it, it's probably something kept confidential.

Archived