IGNORED

For The Young Un's .....caps Or Lower Case ! Time Travel !

Tall King Blox

OK guys, been on this forum putting my size tens in where i see fit but one thing i have noticed is the younger element that read and post on, dare i say one of the best forums in all of England, and so...

We all harp on about this game and that game without actually understanding that there are a lot of peeps reading this crap we post who were not there, they are young and have only witnessed the recent fall of our great club...

So Young Un's.....What game would you wish you were present at, during our ( Glory Years ) you have read a lot on this forum posted by the older guys, but i would be interested to find out what games you wish you could have attended....and of course us old uns will fill you in on all the gory details, tis only a summer thread but could be interesting so here goes...over to you

The game against Pompey where we reached the first division! Obviously.

Umm the game where we didn't think we had a football club to support... Newport away was it?

Arsenal away in 76. Paul Cheesly

Liverpool away in 94. Tinnion

Semi Final against Forest

Few games against the Gas... Donawa being one of them.

Coventry away where we stayed up in our first season of the first division!

And ovcourse seeing Big John play!

There are quite a few, and some I might of missed out aswell.

The game against Pompey where we reached the first division! Obviously.

Umm the game where we didn't think we had a football club to support... Newport away was it?

Arsenal away in 76. Paul Cheesly

Liverpool away in 94. Tinnion

Semi Final against Forest

Few games against the Gas... Donawa being one of them.

Coventry away where we stayed up in our first season of the first division!

And ovcourse seeing Big John play!

There are quite a few, and some I might of missed out aswell.

Blige Lew, one game at a time sweet jeesus, remember we are old x

Was at Arsenal away, as i go through your list, totaly amazing day out, never seen so many city fans

didnt go to newport

was at the game for promotion v pompey, ended up in the fountians on college green

All the games against the gas

Coventry away will go down as the most amazing evening away support ever..blew me away

Semi against forest,, fantastic to be at the gate that day, incredible support all round the ground, one of the best ever at the gate

sat with my mate in the car park after the game and he choose his forthcoming daughters name during a massive cloudburst,...i forget the name !

Never seen big john play, only saw Galley, he works

edit : Jessica

the game i wish i missed,stoke on the tuesday nite.

shilton destroys cheese, how good could that man have been?

I think the ball was fifty fifty, spoke to the great man at some length a few years back, and in no way did he blame shilton for his injury,

,but as you say, our paul was destined for the dizzy heights of a call up for england...sadly he missed the boat x

The Liverpool FA Cup game. I do think it's a little depressing though how everyone remembers that game so fondly but Liverpool fans probably don't even remember its existence.

Except the City fan who featured in the papers after being hospitalised after being attacked by a gang of Liverpool fans in a chip shop before the match.

He got a rousing reception when he hobbled in to the Enclosure on crutches at the next home match.

• Admin

This thread is depressing, that FA cup game at Liverpool doesn't seem too long ago.......... Even the old first division days, whilst some of the memories are hazy, don't seem to be more than half a lifetime away, which sadly they are.

I'm surprised that none of the youngsters want to hear the recollections of those of us who had to sit through the Anglo-Scottish cup!

This thread is depressing, that FA cup game at Liverpool doesn't seem too long ago.......... Even the old first division days, whilst some of the memories are hazy, don't seem to be more than half a lifetime away, which sadly they are.

I'm surprised that none of the youngsters want to hear the recollections of those of us who had to sit through the Anglo-Scottish cup!

Sit ? you were a bit posh back in the day........... ;) there was also the Watney Cup, forget who won it......dum de dum...

The Liverpool FA Cup game. I do think it's a little depressing though how everyone remembers that game so fondly but Liverpool fans probably don't even remember its existence.

Most Liverpool fans I've met remember it fondly as it led to Souness being sacked!

Was at Arsenal away, as i go through your list, totaly amazing day out, never seen so many city fans

didnt go to newport

was at the game for promotion v pompey, ended up in the fountians on college green

All the games against the gas

Coventry away will go down as the most amazing evening away support ever..blew me away

Semi against forest,, fantastic to be at the gate that day, incredible support all round the ground, one of the best ever at the gate

sat with my mate in the car park after the game and he choose his forthcoming daughters name during a massive cloudburst,...i forget the name !

Never seen big john play, only saw Galley, he works

edit : Jessica

blimey Mr Mask, ... I remember getting a bit excited meself but was it really THAT exciting for you??? :)

besides the BIG games, a couple of bog-standard div 2 games (that turned out to be gurt good) from days gone by at AG stand out for me, Sunderland 4-3.. Fulham 6-0 (only six-niller I've seen tbh) ... then some of the visiting 'stars' we've witnessed too, Rodney Marsh (QPR), Derek 'the doog' Dougan (Wolves) & our own... Hunter, Jordan, Cooper (ex-Leeds who found their way to us while still great) our own Chris Garland, Galley, Kellard etc etc Gibbo blimey those were the days...

Archived