IGNORED

Thinking Back A Year Ago.....

Ian M

• Admin

Danny missed a considerable portion of last year's pre-season to go on a second holiday. How many successful sides let their manager go off on hols 2 or 3 weeks before the season starts?

Does anyone know if the same is likely to happen this season or whether the board have put their foot down this year?

Guest norfolk in chance

I'm hoping the board will put their foot down and make it a very long holiday indeed! Perhaps 20 or 30 years (although we'd probably still end up paying him)!

:laugh:

You have a vaild point. The fact that us supporters look at Wilsons working conditions i.e. holidays during pre-season and the whereabouts of his living accomodation during the week and weekends have soley been bought on by his own inability to get us promoted year after year! If he had secured us Div 1 status by now we would not care less if he lived in Timbuktoo or had an xmas jaunt to Lapland but as it happens he has not and we have a right to question why, if we feel these are possible reasons that combined with other factors then we should question them!!!!!!

Hopefully not but guess theres nothing we can do.

Nothing ever happens in june at our club. Ever since Wilson has been here it has been "July is the main month for transfer activity" always been the way.

He does, is that a factor in why we seem to miss the boat on so many good players ? Knight (initially loan), Mooney, Parkin etc, who have all been signed in the close season for peanuts, whiel we wait and seem to get the best of the rest.

I am not saying this is the reason but i think it could well be. Then again it may well not be, and Willson may just never have wanted any of those players.

Archived