IGNORED

Kevin Smith - A Thoroughly Decent Bloke

BCFChris

Since there seems to be a lot of post dissing the club, and in particular Kevin Smith recently, I would like to redress the balance.

A couple of months back I bought a ticket online for the Wolves away fixture and chose to pick the ticket up from the ticket office before the next match, which was Middlesbrough at home.

The day of the Middlesbrough match I forgot to collect the ticket before the game, and only realised during the game. After the match the ticket office was closed, so after wandering up towards the Williams, I chanced upon a guy who looked like a club official, which was Kev Smith. As it was pissing down with rain, he invited me into the Commercial Office and spent the next 5 minutes frantically trying to locate the ticket. Eventually it was discovered that the remaining tickets had been taken to the club shop.

Now it may only be a small thing, but I got the feeling that Kevin really was bothered about the service I received. he could have left me waiting outside in the rain, and he could have ordered one of his staff to look for the ticket, however he made it his responsibility to help. Its not often that you receive good customer service, so well done Kevin, keep it up.

He is a decent bloke and cleary cares about the football club. having heard him speak at the parliment meetings over the last few months if there's something he can improve for the better he will do it so hats off to him. I just hope he puts next seasons kit to the vote of course not everyone is going to like it but if the majority do and it sells more shirtsd thus making the club more money then it can't be a bad thing.

I would like to echo that. On the few times I have met Kevin he has always been very interested in what I've had to say, and clearly cares about the club. In his role he is never going to please everyone, especially our fans. Keep up the good work Kevin, IMO, youre doing a great job..

He may be a decent bloke but the blokes is part of a club promising visions and pillars. Not happening. He supports? It isn't city and he is one of a few deciding what is meant to be our club history will be.

Everything I've seen recently suggests the 'pillars' are beginning to happen. I really don't get what some people want? Free tickets? Oh dear the shirt has white sleeves, lets sack the board.

He may be a decent bloke but the blokes is part of a club promising visions and pillars. Not happening. He supports? It isn't city and he is one of a few deciding what is meant to be our club history will be.

the new kit was chosen long before the new club vison you are using to beat the club with

But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant about the club and they way its run by satan and the 4 horseman

I would also like to thank the bloke in the club shop and a steward for doing there job.

What a weird thread

The point of this thread is that this forum is full of people who will readily talk shit and dis individuals connected to the club, without having ever met them to form an opinion. I met Kevin and he (in my opinion) went out of his way to help.

The point of this thread is that this forum is full of people who will readily talk shit and dis individuals connected to the club, without having ever met them to form an opinion. I met Kevin and he (in my opinion) went out of his way to help.

If, in part, you are referring to my thread about 'not listening' then I would merely point out that you do not need to meet someone to judge whether an individual, representing the club, has listened or not.

Further I am not, in the slightest, besmirching the character of Mr. Smith. I am saying they have not properly consulted the fans and I think they should have done. Until they show evidence of that in a meaningful way I stand by what I have said.

In the event the club comes out with a poll showing a few hundred fans and a decent majority wanted KIT NUMBER 2, I'd be more than happy to say fair dinkum. At least my thread will then have been truly meaningful.

The process of selecting the kit started very early into last season. I remember when people (probably the same ones) were crying over a bit of black in the last one Kev Smith assured us the next one would not have any in as it had just been ordered.

As for Mr Smith, I was recently trying to promote a fundraising evening some friends had organised for my family & I after I was diagnosed with a serious condition. I mentioned it on twitter & within minutes Kevin had donated 2 directors box tickets to any home game this season for the raffle.

Also while I'm under treatment I am unable to attend games but Kevin assured me that my ST seat would be reserved for me until I am well enough to buy it & attend games again.

He strikes me as a very driven & professional man, something that a lot of people have been calling for more of off the pitch at AG.

The process of selecting the kit started very early into last season. I remember when people (probably the same ones) were crying over a bit of black in the last one Kev Smith assured us the next one would not have any in as it had just been ordered.

As for Mr Smith, I was recently trying to promote a fundraising evening some friends had organised for my family & I after I was diagnosed with a serious condition. I mentioned it on twitter & within minutes Kevin had donated 2 directors box tickets to any home game this season for the raffle.

Also while I'm under treatment I am unable to attend games but Kevin assured me that my ST seat would be reserved for me until I am well enough to buy it & attend games again.

He strikes me as a very driven & professional man, something that a lot of people have been calling for more of off the pitch at AG.

Don't bother sarge some people won't listen to facts

the new kit was chosen long before the new club vison you are using to beat the club with

But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant about the club and they way its run by satan and the 4 horseman

In my view Kevin smith is solely not the club. Life long fans supporting the club are just as much the club as a saints supporting employee is. Pointing out that kevin smith is deciding to not follow this club vision or consult a long standing fans group like the supporters trust is hardly a rant either.

Good to hear such a positive response from Kevin especially to notice it on Twitter as I think he follows any City fans that follows him. Thanks for sharing Sarge & and all the best overcoming whatever your dealing with mate.

Archived