IGNORED

Protest Against Modern Football - 19Th June

gater2

Possibly more relevant for City London exiles like me, but thought I'd share:

Demonstration at Premier League & Football League in London 19th June organised by Liverpool's Spirit of Shankly group: "Meeting at 1.30pm at Regents Park, supporters will march to Gloucester Place for 2pm to demonstrate against the spiralling cost of attending football matches and the continued refusal of football authorities to address fans’ concerns on the day the Premier League fixtures for 2013/2014 are released."

"Cross-club support from all levels of the game has already been evidenced at regional meetings and now is the time for fans to put aside team rivalries and get behind a campaign which affects all supporters. We would encourage everyone to spread the word about the demonstration, and encourage all supporters to attend in a show of strength. For too long we have sat back while the football cartel has continued to profit."

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/demonstration-at-premier-league-and-football-league-19th-june

#FootballWithoutFansIsNothing

£nough is £nough

I wonder if the 300 Cardiff fans who protested will be there.

It's a good idea but like Cardiff, I think most have bent over and greased up for the big fat cock that is modern football. Too little & too late, the money is here and the rich boys have their toys.

Eloquently put, Mr Wolf

I wonder if the 300 Cardiff fans who protested will be there.

It's a good idea but like Cardiff, I think most have bent over and greased up for the big fat cock that is modern football. Too little & too late, the money is here and the rich boys have their toys.

I agree 100%!

I think we should all stand up to this era of billionaire investors shoring up otherwise financially unviable football clubs who spend way beyond their means and create an unlevel playing field compared to their peers.

Of course, City are clearly exempt from this as SL is a fan and your relative success has absolutely nothing to do with his £m's pumped into the club at levels far, far in excess of your peers, but in all other instances the money men and rich boys have their toys and it must be stopped as it is SO UNFAIR! :tumbleweed:

I agree 100%!

I think we should all stand up to this era of billionaire investors shoring up otherwise financially unviable football clubs who spend way beyond their means and create an unlevel playing field compared to their peers.

Of course, City are clearly exempt from this as SL is a fan and your relative success has absolutely nothing to do with his £m's pumped into the club at levels far, far in excess of your peers, but in all other instances the money men and rich boys have their toys and it must be stopped as it is SO UNFAIR! :tumbleweed:

Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I agree 100%!

Daniel, very quiet on your site again. Are you on here all the time because you get lonely over there? Is there nobody there to share your dreams with? :laugh:

I agree 100%!

..putting SL to one side Dan,all of us lower division clubs should be scanning like crazy-re/ the level of corruption within the corridors of power.we are all at this level vulnerable.hard as this may be for you we should be sticking together with this one-its that serious..

This protest won't achieve anything, it's up to the worlds footballing bodies to come to some agreement on a wage cap, until that happens the costs of football for the fans will continue to grow in order to over pay players. The Premier League can't change their system first, if it did then all the players would just go to another country to get their paycheck and so it's up to the worlds footballing bodies to all agree before putting it into place. Until there is a wage cap and transfer fee cap the cost will continue to rise and rise and smaller clubs will take the brunt of it all.

Archived