IGNORED

Saints Centre In Bath Set To Close Due To Eppp

Monkeh

Southampton’s response is that not all youngsters will want to move away from home to Hampshire or uproot their families — and that talented kids from the area will be denied top-level coaching by an accident of geography.

Tough ******* shi# deal with it.

Dont really know the ins and outs of their Bath centre. but if they've been told to leave. Couldn't Lansdown use some of his wealth to buy the development that they use? Fill it with a load of teachers/coaches and carry it on in the name of Bristol city?

Could just imagine us kicking up a fuss to get rid of them and then just hoping that all the young talent comes to us instead of branching out ourselves. This could be an ideal time to set up some satelite youth set ups around the area.

Dont really know the ins and outs of their Bath centre. but if they've been told to leave. Couldn't Lansdown use some of his wealth to buy the development that they use? Fill it with a load of teachers/coaches and carry it on in the name of Bristol city?

Could just imagine us kicking up a fuss to get rid of them and then just hoping that all the young talent comes to us instead of branching out ourselves. This could be an ideal time to set up some satelite youth set ups around the area.

I can't see a problem with that.

Or if all the coaches don't fancy leaving the area see if some of Southampton's coaches would want to stay there as City coaches.

The simple fact of the matter is that Southampton have got away with it for so long because our own scouting and academy facilities have historically been piss poor. Kids (and their parents) have opted for a tried and trusted system which has had proven results with local talent coming through to play premier league football. When have we been able to offer that? We haven't even been able to say that if you're son joins us, he stands a fantastic opportunity of graduating to the first team.

We have brought these issues on ourselves and other clubs have taken advantage, and why not?

Hopefully, and I say this with everything crossed, we now have those facilities, coaches and will power in place to bring on our local talent and offer a realistic alternative to clubs like Southampton, Norwich and others who have (I nearly said robbed us, but again, it was our own fault) persuaded youngsters they have a better long term future learning their trade with them, not us.

This needed addressing, and by all accounts, it has been.......Long overdue!!!!

Had no idea the club had registered official complaints about the place but great news if it's shut down. The next Bale to us? Fingers crossed.

"Great" news would be if the club starts producing top quality players of it's own rather than trying to stop other clubs, who have proven they can do it, doing the same.

Four lads out of that Bath Centre, which is not even an Academy albeit some of the boys are signed on as full Academy players, in England schoolboy squads. How many from Bristol City, Bristol Rovers and Swindon Town, the clubs in competition with them? Were these lads better than the ones we signed on at the same ages or is it simply a case of better coaching?

The losers in this are the Development Lads at Bath, not quite good enough to be signed on as full Academy players (and in all likelihood will not be signed on by City, Rovers or Swindon), who still train there and take part in a decent games programme. They have to go back to their club teams now with little chance of bridging the gap between that and Academy level.

I'm not convinced this lobbying by City will make much difference, if any and could even lead to bad feeling against the club in the very areas they are trying to attract these players.

Presumably the next "Target" for the club to "close down" will be the West Bromwich Albion Development Centre that used to go under the name of Jamie Shore.

Jamie shore provided players to a number of teams not just west brom

Jack butland being the example who went to Birmingham

This is only good news (for football as a whole as well as City) if City act positively to fill the vacuum created. There have been far too many examples over the years of very good players driving past Bristol to be developed by other clubs. Those of the future will only choose us instead if we can offer the quality that Saints have been doing till now.

Being as we seem to be leading the charge against them I'm not sure how well that would go down if the club that forces them out then takes over their old spot... it's almost gang-like :S

That said we obviously need to do what we can to draw in quality youth players.

I think we've just been unfortunate with rules that will never be fair. Kids can only go to an academy within 90 minutes drive, but as Southampton is on the coast, they get half the catchment area of a Birmingham side. So they are allowed a satellite academy to compensate, they chose Bath, our bad luck. By getting rid of it, Southampton are now at a disadvantage so the pendulum swings again.

Not any more as I understand it. His organisation is solely affiliated to West Brom now and I believe his teams will be called WBA South West in the Midland Junior League next season.

So it is I apologize, it's been a while since my mates son played for them,

Being as we seem to be leading the charge against them I'm not sure how well that would go down if the club that forces them out then takes over their old spot... it's almost gang-like :S

That said we obviously need to do what we can to draw in quality youth players.

It would be right for us to do so its in our catchment area and as we have the leading youth team in the area we should be able to run it

Unless of course the gas get a cat 2 academy as well that is

Maybe I misunderstand this - but why would we take over the Bath facility - it's a local one for the area, but people chose it because it was Southampton's and... well lets be honest superior to coming to us. When/if we get approved cat 2 and increase our coaching/scouting networks then I imagine those players could come to Bristol to be coached.... it's not as if the Southampton facility was full of Bath born residents, so traveling to Bristol would be no different than traveling to Bath for many.

I think we've just been unfortunate with rules that will never be fair. Kids can only go to an academy within 90 minutes drive, but as Southampton is on the coast, they get half the catchment area of a Birmingham side. So they are allowed a satellite academy to compensate, they chose Bath, our bad luck. By getting rid of it, Southampton are now at a disadvantage so the pendulum swings again.

But as a level 1 academy they can approach/sign lads from anywhere in the country.

With regards to J.Shore he would normally only pick up lads that were not signed by local academy's or Centre Of Excellence and then the parents have to pay for the privilege, therefore is JS looking after the boy's interest or his own.

But as a level 1 academy they can approach/sign lads from anywhere in the country.

With regards to J.Shore he would normally only pick up lads that were not signed by local academy's or Centre Of Excellence and then the parents have to pay for the privilege, therefore is JS looking after the boy's interest or his own.

But they would have to pay us money if we had them signed on

• SC&T Board Members

The bottom line, as I understand it, is that under the EPPP there is no need for a Premier League club to run an academy. They can just sit back, let the clubs lower down the pyramid develop the young talent, and then pick them off at preset, incredibly low prices. The days of a lower league club making millions by developing a Walcott or a Bale are now history. Clubs developing the Walcotts or Bales of the future will find them snapped up by the Premier League and get buttons in return.

Archived