IGNORED

Marvin Elliott Vs Usa

TheCulturalBomb

Marvs performances really picked up since sods arrival. I don't see why he shouldn't be a big asset in lge 1if he can stay fit! He's certainly never let us down through lack of effort. But as with skuse carey etc I fear that the haters have found a target in marve and will never get a fair chance! Oh well I suppose most of them don't actually attend ashton gate anyway!

We should only judge our current players when we've seen them playing in League 1. A lot of players look good in L1 who look poor in the Championship, Elliot did well in L1 for Millwall before he joined us and did well for us initially in the Championship before his form fell away following several injuries.

Regardless of whether or not he played well, a bad game against USA at international level hardly suggests you're not cut out for League One now does it? Critiquing a player on a game you have not seen yourself is always a dangerous game to play and it holds no real purpose than to fulfil an agenda one already has against said player. You'd have thought he'd be doing something right to keep getting picked for Jamaica. I'm by no means saying Marv's a world beater but to give him shit for a bad Internet review based on an international performance is bordering on sad.

As others have said since SOD came and gave his game some structure, instead of letting him charge around how he liked like a headless chicken, his performances improved. Like to keep him as a L1 player, though hopefully someone can sort out that 50p for a head, which resembles more of a sheriffs badge at times

Regardless of whether or not he played well, a bad game against USA at international level hardly suggests you're not cut out for League One now does it? Critiquing a player on a game you have not seen yourself is always a dangerous game to play and it holds no real purpose than to fulfil an agenda one already has against said player. You'd have thought he'd be doing something right to keep getting picked for Jamaica. I'm by no means saying Marv's a world beater but to give him shit for a bad Internet review based on an international performance is bordering on sad.

I think he will utilise Kilkenny more next season so add him to Kelly, wynter, and Reid and there is no place for Elliot and Pearson. Get rid I say. I'm sure he's on a good wage.

Sod has already said it's hard to get rid of players earning a high wage unless championship teams want to offer the same wage , as wages are too high for other league one teams.

I'd actually keep Elliot over Kilkenny though.

This is the trouble we have. We have high paid players like Elliot, Kilkenny and Pearson. We want young players like wynter and Reid to be playing week in week out but because of these high paid players, their involve my and progression will be stagnant. We need to get rid to allow talent to come through

Archived