IGNORED

Awful Mistake By Rovers...

BS4 on Tour...

They have posted on their official site that their legendary kit man Roger Harding has passed away and have put up an obituary but his daughter has posted on Facebook that he is still fighting.

Lots of confusion, terrible error if true.

Scotty Murray has posted condolences on Twitter as have lots of others, but Roger is apparently still with us.

Must be distressing for his family

Thoughts with the guy +his family. To use it as a stick to beat them with is exactly what id expect them to do to us. Let's show some respect. After all its a human life were talking about.

Exactly, nice post! Time for a bit of respect methinks.

Just to clarify, my OP was not a specific dig at Rovers, and yes it was a mistake that could have happened at any club.

Whichever club made a mistake like that I was just highlighting how distressing it must have been for his family and friends.

There is absolutely NO WAY I would ever use a situation like this to have a childish dig - I was just pointing out the distress it caused.

My thoughts are totally with Roger and his family.

As my OP stated, he is their legendary kit man - a real character and football needs more blokes like him in it.

I've cleared out a lot of posts from his thread and tidied up others. I hope anyone who read them will understand why. This isn't the time or the place. Please can people show some respect and think before they post.

Thank you.

Apparently Roger was able to sit out in the sun and enjoy a cigar with a visitor this afternoon. Here's hoping that he can be as pain free and comfortable as possible, and enjoy some quality time with his family and friends.

Respect to posters on this thread who recognise that at times like this rivalries take 2nd place.

Unbelievably this is at no 1 on the 'most read' list on the bbc website!

It's a bad mistake, but as others have said, absolutely no need to score points on this one. Wish the fella all the best, and keep fighting the good fight

You really have to make sure this is true before publishing on a website especially something like this. However good luck and best wishes to the guy.

You really have to make sure this is true before publishing on a website especially something like this. However good luck and best wishes to the guy.

Oh, good God yeah. But how many times do you see these fake rumours doing the rounds on twitter and elsewhere - they get out of hand so quickly nowadays

• Admin

His poor family, this sort of media attention is the very last thing they need atm.

Thoughts are with them.

100% agree with you, bet it was terrible for his family and friends.

It is also very refreshing to see so many positive replies on this thread, lets hope he keeps winning his battle !

Have known Roger, Pat and all their family all my life. He was diagnosed with cancer over a year ago, which has recently spread to his brain. He was admitted to St Peters Hospice a few weeks ago, but has rallied over the last week with home visits being considered.

One of the nicest blokes you would ever hope to meet, one of the nicest family's you would ever want to meet too. always gave as good as he got when the City/Rovers banter was flying about, and has been a stalwart for the dark side for over 10 years.

He would have been told about the 'cock-up' and probably had a good laugh about it, while sitting outside smoking a fat cigar!

Top man!

Archived