IGNORED

Rugby Vs Football

gater2

If England win on saturday, will they remembered forever like the players of 1966 were? I don't have much time for egg chasing, but I'd like to hear the oppinions of those who like both.

Obviously there has not been the same hype for the rugby world cup as there was for the football world cup last year, and if England was going to be in the football world cup final the whole nation would come to a standstill, and I don't think this has quite happened for saturday.

At the end of the day is it only egg chasing??

There are so few decent rugby sides - England NZ Australia S.Africa and France - that it is not exactly difficult to reach the final. In the real game, to reach the final is a massive achievement with Brazil, Germany, Spain, Italy, Argentina, Norway, Denmark, France, Portugal, Holland ... the list goes on - lying along the way. Brilliant if England win on Saturday - but at the end of the day rugby is a minority sport. Son calls it 'organised violence' and guess he's just about right. Also, rugby followers don't half look down upon the followers of the round ball game - bl**dy snobs!

If England win on saturday, will they remembered forever like the players of 1966 were? I don't have much time for egg chasing, but I'd like to hear the oppinions of those who like both.

Obviously there has not been the same hype for the rugby world cup as there was for the football world cup last year, and if England was going to be in the football world cup final the whole nation would come to a standstill, and I don't think this has quite happened for saturday.

At the end of the day is it only egg chasing??

I think that if this years' rugby world cup was held in England there would be a lot more hype & interest.

As it is I will still be up and ready with a way beforetime Blackthorn in hand with 2 or 3 mates cheering on the whites.

Won't cry if we lose though, because I will still have to work Monday, unless rollover lotto comes in. :clap:

I always understood Rugby was about getting the ball in your hands and running with it .I also thought the idea was to score TRYS , well this England team must be the most boring sports team ever seen . I mean if i want to watch some bloke kick the ball over the bar every 5 mins (even when they have a chance to run with it !) then i will go and watch the Gas strikers !!!.

I compare the England rugby team with a team in the football world cup playing #### football but getting to the final by winning every game on penaltys.

I think i will paint a wall on saturday morning and then spend a couple hours watching it dry , far more exiting !!!!!!!!! :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

Guest east_dundry_red
Also, rugby followers don't half look down upon the followers of the round ball game - bl**dy snobs!

What the hell are you talking about? Thats not true in the slightest. get your facts right before you start talking rubbish.

Son calls it 'organised violence' and guess he's just about right. Also, rugby followers don't half look down upon the followers of the round ball game - bl**dy snobs!

I happen to support both Football and Rugby, does that still make me a snob?

If you still actually think 'Egg-Chasing' is still played by the Upper Classes, I suggest you come to my Rugby club on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

I think you've been listening to far too many stereotypes, my friend...

Guest east_dundry_red
[

You ever seen a night out involving rugby players?

Yes cause many of those night out involves rugby players like ME!

Rugby nites out are great and we are FAR from snobs. Btw what job do you do? Many of our lot are builders and other sorts of jobs like that by trade so if they are snobs then so are you.

Guest east_dundry_red

Its full of middle class toffs singing negro slave songs ( swing low sweet chariot )

how patriotic is that :clap:  :clap:

Middle class toffs? No thats what you find in the williams on saturday. It's idiots like you that shame this country. Take a look at yourself. because you are just the same.

Guest east_dundry_red
i think you missed the point there. the point was about the origins of the song

Well if you want the real origin of the song it accually comes from the welsh valleys originally but was a bit different to what it was now.

[Well if you want the real origin of the song it accually comes from the welsh valleys originally but was a bit different to what it was now.

It was written by Harry Thacker Burleigh

Born PENNSYLVANIA in 1866

that is not in the welsh valleys

if it was the "negro bit that upset you i am sorry it was not ment to

I always understood Rugby was about getting the ball in your hands and running with it .I also thought the idea was to score TRYS , well this England team must be the most boring sports team ever seen

Are you Australian?

It doesnt matter as long as they win.

U telling me you'd rather lose 8-7 than win 1-0? idiot.

Guest east_dundry_red

It was written by Harry Thacker Burleigh

Born PENNSYLVANIA in 1866

that is not in the welsh valleys

if it was the "negro bit that upset you i am sorry it was not ment to

a song "swing low" was sung in the welsh valley in the early 1700's!

Guest east_dundry_red
I always understood Rugby was about getting the ball in your hands and running with it .I also thought the idea was to score TRYS ,

Since when has that EVER been the point in rugby? Ive played the game for 14 years and that has NEVER been the point. I was allways told you win the game by getting more POINTS than the other team?

I dotn care if we dont score a try on saturday and win 30-27 long as we win that ALL THAT MATTERS!

Those of you that say rugtby is boring then ill put a challange to you all to come and join my tam rugby training. You wouldnt last 2 mins!

Guest pogue mahone

good point, whilst i cede that i wouldn't last 2 minutes if i joined edt's rugby "tam" training. i also know he wouldn't last 2 minutes on a chess board against me.

As I said before (1st post) I dont particularly follow rugby, but I will be watching the final on saturday and I have no problems with people who like it.

Calling other people 'snobs' for likeing the game is out of order and in fact it's a form of inverse-snobbery. I have many non-snob friends who like rugby better than football.

On saturday evening I will be perfectly happy if England have lost 100-0 and city win 1-0 with a s####py own goal, but I respect people who wouldn't be.

Archived