IGNORED

Flint Signed

CheddarReds

This signing, alongside the various other players we are currently being linked with are a stark reminder of exactly why being back in League 1 is a totally uninspiring place to be

I'm actually enjoying it, it's nice to see the club aiming to develop something rather than buying in/bringing in lazy paycheckers.

This signing, alongside the various other players we are currently being linked with are a stark reminder of exactly why being back in League 1 is a totally uninspiring place to be

Couldn't disagree more.

To see us signing hungry youngsters who are desperate to impress rather than freeloading primadonnas is a fantastic change of scenery.

I said a couple of years ago that if it takes relegation to force the club into a change of emphasis than so be it. So far the signs are good, a new manager who wants to utilise the academy, and to see us signing hungry players like Wynter (turning down an easy paycheck at Arsenal to drop down two divisions) makes me really look forward to the new season.

Couldn't disagree more.

To see us signing hungry youngsters who are desperate to impress rather than freeloading primadonnas is a fantastic change of scenery.

I said a couple of years ago that if it takes relegation to force the club into a change of emphasis than so be it. So far the signs are good, a new manager who wants to utilise the academy, and to see us signing hungry players like Wynter (turning down an easy paycheck at Arsenal to drop down two divisions) makes me really look forward to the new season.

Spot on that. Really looking forward to seeing how things pan out, exciting times imo!

Welcome Aden. At last!!!

Perhaps to the tune of The Flintstones :

When you're, in the East End,

We're the Bristol City family.

We signed, Aden Flint mind,

He's about to score a penalty.

We'll drink, all the cider in the street,

We'll beat, every team that we will meet.

When you're, in the East End,

Have a do-be do-be do time,

A do-be-do time, a do-be-do time, mind!!

Ok - so he probably doesn't take penalties, but anyway....

Couldn't disagree more.

100% agree

Now Flint has signed we only need rock and gravel to make our defence really hard. I wonder if he'll cause any sparks in the dressing room.

Or one other to cement the team?

It would be a worry if he causes 'Sparks' to appear in the dressing room singing..........'This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us'....... And It Ain't Me That's Gonna Leave'

Or maybe 'Amature Hour' ....... I'd say "No Sparks...... you may have the 'Number One Song In Heaven' , but this is a serious Football Club and we can't be doing with that ' Moustache' song.... shave it off"

Archived