IGNORED

Who Next?

ollywhyte

With Wynter and Flint finalised, anyone have any ideas on what player or even position we may be looking at next?

Obviously we need a keeper, so I'm sure that's a priority for SOD atm, but apart from that?

Creative midfielder? :fingerscrossed:

I think we might see 1 or 2 of the "money" players leave before we sign anymore outfield players but a keeper should be next and then shape the squad

We have new signings in the form of

Wes burns

Bryan

Ried

Krans

Wynter

Flint

Ajala

Plus 2 new keepers

All of which will play a big part next season!

That's 9 already

I like the look of that too be fair apart from Reid - I honestly can't see him getting into the team on a consistent basis.

Apart from him, I do like the look of the others - Looking forward to see how Flint preforms as well.

I'd highly doubt we'll be getting anyone else in now aside from the 2 keepers.

With the addition of Flint + the youngsters who'll be on pro-contracts, we've got :

2 right backs

2 left backs

3 centre backs (potentially 5 if Carey & Nyatanga sign)

5 centre midfielders

1 right winger

2 left wingers (depending on your own personal views as to Anderson & Pearson's best position!!)

4 strikers

So that's 19 (possibly 21) contracted players, plus the 2 required keepers.

I'd guess nothing else will be coming in until we can move someone out.

Anything that is potentially incoming will be players for the Development Squad. I can't see us signing any more 1st team squad players considering the wage constraints. If we were nearly at the tipping point prior to making any signings, with Wynter, Flint & 2 keepers, I'd imagine we're now pretty close.

With the addition of Flint + the youngsters who'll be on pro-contracts, we've got :

2 right backs

2 left backs

5 centre midfielders

1 right winger

2 left wingers (depending on your own personal views as to Anderson & Pearson's best position!!)

4 strikers

Anything that is potentially incoming will be players for the Development Squad. I can't see us signing any more 1st team squad players considering the wage constraints. If we were nearly at the tipping point prior to making any signings, with Wynter, Flint & 2 keepers, I'd imagine we're now pretty close.

GK and another decent winger on loan from Spain maybe if SOD has been out there scouting ;)

2 right backs

2 left backs

5 centre midfielders

1 right winger

4 strikers

This. A couple of keepers and if we can find someone to take the deadwood, or silly money for someone we want to keep I really don't see us doing too much else. Nice to get a couple in early for a change

With Wynter and Flint finalised, anyone have any ideas on what player or even position we may be looking at next?

Obviously we need a keeper, so I'm sure that's a priority for SOD atm, but apart from that?

Creative midfielder? :fingerscrossed:

We need to be realistic for a start. With the exception of two keepers, unless we find someone on a free and it's an exceptionally cheap deal there will not be anymore players coming in until some leave. That's the reality of it I'm afraid.

We need to be realistic for a start. With the exception of two keepers, unless we find someone on a free and it's an exceptionally cheap deal there will not be anymore players coming in until some leave. That's the reality of it I'm afraid.

Yep, exactly.

I know we all wanted a huge rebuild this off-season, but the reality of the contract situations of our current players combined with the wage regulations means we're pretty much stuck for now.

I know we always say this, but I can't wait for summer 2014 when Foster, Wilson, Fontaine, Kilkenny, Elliott, Pearson, Anderson, Adomah & Taylor will all be out of contract (+ Carey if he signs).

Suddenly that's 10 squad places and a heap of wages freed up. As I said, if anything expect us to bulk up the Development Squad with players who might be able to step into those freed up spaces the following season.

1st teamers from now on will be signed on a 1 Out - 1 In basis.

In theory, we will be loosing some outfield players, which will give us scope to replace them, but until that happens, I would think it will be a case of GK's only, then move to replace what positions become vacant.

Yep, exactly.

I know we all wanted a huge rebuild this off-season, but the reality of the contract situations of our current players combined with the wage regulations means we're pretty much stuck for now.

I know we always say this, but I can't wait for summer 2014 when Foster, Wilson, Fontaine, Kilkenny, Elliott, Pearson, Anderson, Adomah & Taylor will all be out of contract (+ Carey if he signs).

Suddenly that's 10 squad places and a heap of wages freed up. As I said, if anything expect us to bulk up the Development Squad with players who might be able to step into those freed up spaces the following season.

1st teamers from now on will be signed on a 1 Out - 1 In basis.

Completely agree. It's not until 2014 when will actually see the huge clear out we have all wanted for so long. It's just not possible at present. As you quite rightly say though Harry, that's 10 players which will free up a huge amount of space and wages to improve the squad.

At least players coming in on a one in one out basis will mean we don't end up over loaded again. Any players coming into the development squad will only benefit the club as well. I would imagine with the addition of two keepers we will almost certainly be at the maximum wage budget.

I think we'll look at wingers with our only right winger, Albert Adomah, likely to leave plus the departures of Bolasie and Woolford last season that we never replaced.

Until Albert actually leaves, we won't be getting a right winger in my opinion. Burns can play there. Ajala can play there. Anderson can play there. Even Baldock had a bit of time there under SoD toward the end of last season.

If desperate Foster can play there.

Plus consider SoD's style of play - not the biggest fan of out and out wide-men??

Harry is right in all of his posts.

Answer to the question is simple, we need a new first choice keeper.

Whether that is someone on a free or that we pay money for may well depend on who (if anyone) we can shift in the next 3/4 weeks.....

Archived