IGNORED

Womans Team

Barrs Court Red

I have been to see them twice this season and thought the standard was quite good. More aggresive than the GB Olympic game I saw with technically good players and some outstanding players such as Natalia and I thought Rose at the back was commanding and good with the ball. Those that say it is "piss poor" have you ever attended a game ?

Bristol Academy were originally linked with Rovers. They play and are now linked with the college at Filton Academy hence Bristol Academy. They run a centre of excellence there where girls from 8 to 17 train and play against other centres throughout the south west and the rest of England. They can also attend the college and have a football type scholarship while they continue to study A levels etc.

Over the years the link to Rovers has become weaker.

Bristol City did have there own team but following a reorganisation within the FA funding was lost and Bristol City folded the ladies team.

Bristol Academy were originally linked with Rovers. They play and are now linked with the college at Filton Academy hence Bristol Academy. They run a centre of excellence there where girls from 8 to 17 train and play against other centres throughout the south west and the rest of England. They can also attend the college and have a football type scholarship while they continue to study A levels etc.

Over the years the link to Rovers has become weaker.

Bristol City did have there own team but following a reorganisation within the FA funding was lost and Bristol City folded the ladies team.

They now wear red and white, have Bristol City emblazoned on the front of their shirts and are in the top league and doing well, in short any links with Rovers are now dead and buried. I will support them from afar and may go to one or two games soon. COYR

Archived