IGNORED

Ben Reeves

Yes Reid, Byran and maybe Burns are the only players who may be able to step up straight away but I have been impressed everytime i saw the ressies last season i think Krans, Dobie, Battersby, Armarni-Holloway and King will all be good players yes not ready for the first team just yet but farm them out on loan for a couple of months and they wont be far off So to me the future does look bright

Battersby has been released, Amadi-Holloway and Dobie are both going to be 21 during next season so if they are going to be good enough it has to be soon for them.......

With Ben I think you'll find it is slightly different. I think he was offered (not 100% sure) a new contract but he knows he isn't going to break into the current squad. He wants to play first team football. Who came blame him? He was Southamptons under 21 captain.

So is he actually going to sign badger? Been suggested on twitter that we've looked but haven't offered him anything

I'm not sure mate to be honest. All I know is we've spoken to him. Bournemouth and Southend are also interested. Notts Forest wanted him last year but Southampton wouldn't let him go. Why that is I don't know, and he went on and had a very successful spell at Southend. We've had a conversation, SOD is a big fan of his. Knows the Reeves family well (I believe) and he is considering a move.

So is he actually going to sign badger? Been suggested on twitter that we've looked but haven't offered him anything

I'm not sure mate to be honest. All I know is we've spoken to him. Bournemouth and Southend are also interested. Notts Forest wanted him last year but Southampton wouldn't let him go. Why that is I don't know, and he went on and had a very successful spell at Southend. We've had a conversation, SOD is a big fan of his. Knows the Reeves family well (I believe) and he is considering a move.

Surely not?! If so that's absolutely ridiculous... Where did you hear that?

It is ridiculous. The club's had many scouts since back before GJ. Most of them aren't full time employees, they work for many clubs and are self employed. We're definitely not employing 7 scouts now.

It is ridiculous. The club's had many scouts since back before GJ. Most of them aren't full time employees, they work for many clubs and are self employed. We're definitely not employing 7 scouts now.

Redcherryberry has it right but probably not worded the best way. Under McInnes we had 5 scouts, 4 of which would be utilised for analytical / tactical work on future opposition. So technically only 1 scout was actually out there looking at potential players.

From what I understand, Burt has now employed 8 full-time scouts (ie not freelance) who are regionalised across the UK and Ireland.

So yes, we now have 7 more people out there looking at future players than we previously had.

Redcherryberry has it right but probably not worded the best way. Under McInnes we had 5 scouts, 4 of which would be utilised for analytical / tactical work on future opposition. So technically only 1 scout was actually out there looking at potential players.

From what I understand, Burt has now employed 8 full-time scouts (ie not freelance) who are regionalised across the UK and Ireland.

So yes, we now have 7 more people out there looking at future players than we previously had.

I think it's extremely unlikely we are paying eight full time scouts. I think you'll find they're freelancers, contacts or are also filling other roles.

Never understood why we failed to utilise former players/staff who are at bigger clubs either for players on loan or youngsters that have been released. We had Moyes and Fawthrop at Everton, Biff at Man City. Use them!!!! Lets hope we popped a congratulations and good luck card in the post to Manchester. I'm sure mr Moyes will have a few kids who could do us a job.

If so, they haven't been doing a very good job then.

I don't know let's look at the under 21's brought in by mcinnes who are still here

Rhys Jordan tony ajaja(whatever his name is) keving krans Luke doobie Greg Cunningham Paul Anderson Dylan cashinya

All scouted and signed before Burt and sod

I don't know let's look at the under 21's brought in by mcinnes who are still here

Rhys Jordan tony ajaja(whatever his name is) keving krans Luke doobie Greg Cunningham Paul Anderson Dylan cashinya

All scouted and signed before Burt and sod

Paul Anderson is 25 next month...

Paul Anderson is 25 next month...

I know but he was scouted by the club,

If we had only one scout then he was ******* busy

Most clubs have around 4 or 5 full time and 15 or 16 free lance

The watch anything from school teams to a 3 tier match in Sweden

You just don't hear about them because they aren't mentioned anywhere

Much like the changes that have gone one behind the scenes

Archived