IGNORED

Promotion Bonus?

riddlesdown red

Plenty of paper talk linking the likes of Albert Davies and Baldock with other teams. Out of interest if we could keep these three you would like to think we would be in with the chance of a strong season and plenty of goals at league 1 level. Could they be enticed to stay on a reduced wage if they had the carrot of a large promotion bonus dangled in from of them that would equate to the money they could earn by signing for a championship team

I'm hopeful that Baldock will stay, he's still young and signed a fairly long-term contract with us last year. It would be fair enough if he proves himself this year and we fail to get promoted, then I'd understand him leaving but for the time being I don't see why he shouldn't stay, unless a Championship club makes a ridiculous offer. McInnes completely mismanaged him last year, but I like to think he's the sort of player that would suit Sean's style.

It seems almost unquestionable that Albert will leave, but I'll continue to hope until the day that it's official. We all know how down to earth he is, and maybe he's settled in Bristol? I'd be surprised if he does stay though. It's unfortunate that such a talented player has been forced to play in such poor City teams since he arrived three years ago, it would have been nice to see him in a successful City side.

As for Davies, if we get a decent fee for him I wouldn't particularly mind if he went, as long as we manage to keep Baldock. I know he was our top scorer last year but he didn't impress me too much. He has undoubtedly got a lot more ability than the majority of our squad, and again, it would be nice to see him in a successful Cty side as then maybe he would stand out more, but ultimately his signing was pointless last year, and the money would've been better off being spent elsewhere. I'm happy to see him stay, but if the club gets a respectable offer I wouldn't mind if they accepted either.

I'm hopeful that Baldock will stay, he's still young and signed a fairly long-term contract with us last year. It would be fair enough if he proves himself this year and we fail to get promoted, then I'd understand him leaving but for the time being I don't see why he shouldn't stay, unless a Championship club makes a ridiculous offer. McInnes completely mismanaged him last year, but I like to think he's the sort of player that would suit Sean's style.

It seems almost unquestionable that Albert will leave, but I'll continue to hope until the day that it's official. We all know how down to earth he is, and maybe he's settled in Bristol? I'd be surprised if he does stay though. It's unfortunate that such a talented player has been forced to play in such poor City teams since he arrived three years ago, it would have been nice to see him in a successful City side.

As for Davies, if we get a decent fee for him I wouldn't particularly mind if he went, as long as we manage to keep Baldock. I know he was our top scorer last year but he didn't impress me too much. He has undoubtedly got a lot more ability than the majority of our squad, and again, it would be nice to see him in a successful Cty side as then maybe he would stand out more, but ultimately his signing was pointless last year, and the money would've been better off being spent elsewhere. I'm happy to see him stay, but if the club gets a respectable offer I wouldn't mind if they accepted either.

I agree with all of this.

I would obviously love it if we managed to keep hold of Albert. I would be amazed if he did stay of course, but you never know in football.

As for a large bonus, it aint guna happen. If we go up we go up, if not so be it. We won't be throwing silly money around again and even so, ultimately it could be pointless as if we were to go up there is no guarantee we would stay there.

we won't give out much of a promotion bonus IMO.

Davies I'm quite unsure about. Albert I imagine will go. Baldock will stay. If all 3 stay we should have big expectations for L1. I saw Yeovil vs Shef Utd and Yeovil vs Brentford. It's exciting football but I think our squad has potential to do very well in L1. I guess we'l see...

500 posts now! And what a useless one that was! ^

• Admin

We won't hand out a massive promotion bonus for the simple reason it would be classed as payroll in the accounts, would probably tip us over the 60% of revenue mark, result in us being placed under a transfer embargo, enter the championship without strengthening the squad any further & lead to our immediate relegation ;)

Archived