IGNORED

Congestion Charging

Barrs Court Red

Ive often thought this. The a-train in New York for example as it can follow existing roads.

Unfortunately it would be impossible to implement in Bristol. Local opposition and funding, are two biggies, not to mention this type of development is hard to find experianced contractors and operators.

Light rail for me, but instead this horrible BRT will come in and ruin any chance of a decent system for at leadt a generation.

Ive often thought this. The a-train in New York for example as it can follow existing roads.

Unfortunately it would be impossible to implement in Bristol. Local opposition and funding, are two biggies, not to mention this type of development is hard to find experianced contractors and operators.

Light rail for me, but instead this horrible BRT will come in and ruin any chance of a decent system for at leadt a generation.

Totally agree. BRT is a classic Bristolian example of doing the wrong thing half-arsed. :grr:

Bristol does have most congested road in country apparently but I dunno this slump is perhaps not ideal timing.

Taking the argument that congestion isn't great, how do we reduce?

Whoever argues that has clearly never driven in London. Bristol's rush-hour is like a country lane compared to London's - and it lasts about 1/3 of the time. London is congested from 3:30 to 8pm every evening.

As BCR said, focussing on keeping traffic flowing smoothly would help. Intelligent road design, sensible traffic light policy and a non tolerance of unecessary obstacles to road users. It's what they do in Denmark. I spent a few months in Copenhagen once. You could leave the office at 5 and be back in the suburbs 15 minutes later.

Whoever argues that has clearly never driven in London. Bristol's rush-hour is like a country lane compared to London's - and it lasts about 1/3 of the time. London is congested from 3:30 to 8pm every evening.

As BCR said, focussing on keeping traffic flowing smoothly would help. Intelligent road design, sensible traffic light policy and a non tolerance of unecessary obstacles to road users. It's what they do in Denmark. I spent a few months in Copenhagen once. You could leave the office at 5 and be back in the suburbs 15 minutes later.

Totally agree.

London's congestion is every day too, not just weekdays!

The only thing better about London transport is the tube, the DLR and that a lot of London has bus lanes so even the bus's go pretty quick.

Get the bloomin' rubbish trucks and recycling vehicles off the roads between 8-9am. The times im stuck behind them on the way into work, always makes me 15-20 mins late and makes the traffic back up quite bad.

Im sure there must be a sensible reason for them to be working at a time when Bristol's roads are at their busiest.

Archived