IGNORED

Nicky Hunt

Sleepy1968

Serious question though....what happend to the guy...over 100appearances in the Premier League ...now struggling in what should be his peak in league 2 ?

He looks like a space cadet even when he plays football; see the photo on that link.

He always struck me as being somewhere else, almost literally, when he played for us. Some have said thats because he has mental issues. Probably more likely something just switched off in the brain like it does to many players at various times of their careers and it may not be down to wine, women and song either.

I can see Stanley loaning him out to Alfreton Town soon enough and then he'll probably be passed on to Blyth Spartans and before you know it he'll be back in the these parts playing for Puxton Leaders.

He looks like a space cadet even when he plays football; see the photo on that link.

He always struck me as being somewhere else, almost literally, when he played for us. Some have said thats because he has mental issues.

In other words, he's ill?

Mental health issues are no different to any other health issues, be they ruptured achilles, dodgy knees, etc - it's all part of the same bag, some are physical, others not. Either way, they can be career ending. Look at the lad Robert Enke in Germany, what happened to him.

Without doubt one of the worst players I've ever seen in a City shirt. Those that witnessed his 30 minute spell at Elland Road that day after replacing an injured Carey will find it hard to imagine that this guy had ever played before, let alone made over 100 PL appearances.

Sexton made the comment about opening up a can of worms in respect of Nicky Hunt!

I always thought from there he had some kind of mental problem, however I have never seen or heard anything to confirm this....Anyone?

The mental problem is with the person who signed not only Hunt but 2 other completely overpaid players as well, his name escapes me.....................................

still renting his house near portishead out to city players i believe, mate of mines parents live next door and pitman lived in the house after Hunt not sure who's in there now but im sure he said it was another player ... nice pad in sheepway village... made some serious wedge in his time

Archived