IGNORED

Lionel Messi

glynriley

I doubt he even knows how much he earns. His manager, and father probably tells him to concentrate on his football, "and I'll take care of the rest"....there are probably so many commercial contracts, endorsements and image rights that he won't have a clue. I would imagine he signs just about whatever his ol' man puts in front of him and does it on trust, after all, he's portrayed as the simple boy from the back streets so I'd imagine he will only be guilty by association.

Bit like Rooney, really, not the sharpest tool in the bag and lets someone else handle all his deals, he probably doesn't know the true state of his income and relies on his "team" to give him what he requires...

yes I know personal taxation is the responsibility of the individual, but when vast sums are involved, and lots of people are having a bit of the action, I can't see how he can possibly know what is legal and what isn't. He's probably been advised it's a grey area....

Anyway, I had this chat with a bloke at work who had just bought 600 fags smuggled in without tax being paid, and when I suggested to him his act was in exactly the same way as illegal, he got on his high horse...amazing show of hypocrisy...

I doubt he even knows how much he earns. His manager, and father probably tells him to concentrate on his football, "and I'll take care of the rest"....there are probably so many commercial contracts, endorsements and image rights that he won't have a clue.

Good point, I'm sorry I popped off now

Archived