IGNORED

How Many Bristol City Fans Convicted / Guilty Of Domestic Abuse?

redeye

With domestic abuse in the news - how many who post on this forum know of BCFC supporters who are committing / or who have committed this heinous crime?

None is my honest answer.... That I know of I must add.

None is my honest answer.... That I know of I must add.

They are out there - I know of sixteen men in Bristol who have been convicted of domestic abuse crimes. This is not enough as there are many perpetrators still committing domestic abuse - many through alcohol addiction / dependency. It's important that society eradicates these parasites once and for all - and football clubs and communities have a responsibility to play their part.

They are out there - I know of sixteen men in Bristol who have been convicted of domestic abuse crimes. This is not enough as there are many perpetrators still committing domestic abuse - many through alcohol addiction / dependency. It's important that society eradicates these parasites once and for all - and football clubs and communities have a responsibility to play their part.

I don't disagree, but isn't really a football problem is it? It is societies problem, so you could also include supermarkets, banks, and any other business you can think of in this argument. It is not just alcohol or addiction, there are some plain nasty barstewards out there. Domestic abuse is domestic abuse. what causes it is different for each person. Your point seems to be making it out that football and drink are somehow to do with it, or maybe those involved with football and drinking are more likely to do it, rather than the persons personality/mental state, which has everything to do with it.

The one person I do know who hit his partner, was a cricket fan and a tee totaller.

I don't disagree, but isn't really a football problem is it? It is societies problem, so you could also include supermarkets, banks, and any other business you can think of in this argumen

t. It is not just alcohol or addiction, there are

some plain nasty barstewards out there.

Domestic abuse is domestic abuse. what causes

it is different for each person. Your point

seems to be making it out that football and drink

are somehow to do with it, or maybe those

involved with football and drinking are more likely

to do it, rather than the persons

personality/mental state, which has everything to

do with it.

The one person I do know who hit his partner,

was a cricket fan and a tee totaller.

I see it as a football problem as fourteen of the sixteen I am aware of have alcohol / football violence connections - taking out their aggression on wives, girlfriends or partners.

I am ashamed of our football authorities, who whilst commendably tackle racism, do little about domestic abuse / violence connected to alcohol and football.

I see it as a football problem as fourteen of the sixteen I am aware of have alcohol / football violence connections - taking out their aggression on wives, girlfriends or partners.

I am ashamed of our football authorities, who whilst commendably tackle racism, do little about domestic abuse / violence connected to alcohol and football.

So you don't condemn the millions out there that smack their partners about, who have no interest in football or drinking? is that still a football problem, or don't those count?

Are you nuts? Domestic abuse is just that, domestic i.e. it happens in the home. The authorities can try and stop racism in the ground, how can they stop things in the home? ludicrous Redeye, I may take the mick out of you on other threads, but this train of thought you have on this one really hasn't been thought out well at all

So you don't condemn the millions out there that smack their partners about, who have no interest in football or drinking? is that still a football problem, or don't those count?

Are you nuts? Domestic abuse is just that, domestic i.e. it happens in the home. The authorities can try and stop racism in the ground, how can they stop things in the home? ludicrous Redeye, I may take the mick out of you on other threads, but this train of thought you have on this one really hasn't been thought out well at all

And what about those women who smack their fellas about? Shall we blame Delia Smith or something?

And what about those women who smack their fellas about? Shall we blame Delia Smith or something?

I agree with your post with regards to female abusers, but feel your flippancy suggests you do not take domestic abuse seriously.

Are you nuts? Domestic abuse is just that,

domestic i.e. it happens in the home. The

authorities can try and stop racism in the

ground, how can they stop things in the home?

ludicrous Redeye, I may take the mick out of

you on other threads, but this train of thought

you have on this one really hasn't been thought

out well at all

I condemn ALL domestic abuse. What my posts endeavour to do is highlight the domestic abuse which takes place through alcohol and football.

This will be highlighted in the media and press in coming months - so you had better get user to it.

I condemn ALL domestic abuse. What my posts endeavour to do is highlight the domestic abuse which takes place through alcohol and football.

This will be highlighted in the media and press in coming months - so you had better get user to it.

How through football? Are you watching people at matches smacking their partners about?

You seem to be condemning beer drinking football fans to me.

Which suggests you are a little hung up on football and drink, rather than getting bogged down with the reality of dealing with the persons personality.

I think you are wumming about something you care about, or are so caught up with your own problems concerning football and alcohol, to see the bigger picture with domestic violence.

I won't partake further in this conversation, as you will just accuse me of being a domestic abuse sympathiser or not taking seriously, like you did with betty.

Time for dinner

Are you nuts? Domestic abuse is just that,

domestic i.e. it happens in the home. The

authorities can try and stop racism in the

ground, how can they stop things in the home?

ludicrous Redeye, I may take the mick out of

you on other threads, but this train of thought

you have on this one really hasn't been thought

out well at all

As for domestic abuse being domestic - and taking place in the home. That may be the case, but it originates from a far darker place. There are many vile people who feel it is their right to conduct violence on their partner through reasons of anger, insecurity or inadequacy - not forgetting those who wish to control and bully.

Much of the above stems from alcoholic or aggressive environments outside of the domestic situation - leading to innocent people suffering appalling abuse in a domestic environment.

This must stop - and it will stop - as all domestic abusers will be rooted out and convicted.

are we all agreed that there should be a ban on replying to anything the WUM redeye posts?

the bloke/woman/leftie is not needed, it used to be fun to have a laugh at his idiocies however it has got to the point where it's boring to read. i don't want to block him as this is a public forum but ffs, give it up son.

and of course only football fans take drugs, the evidence was the Millwall v Wigan semi final, I also have it on the highest authority that Tony Blair decided on his illegal war in Iraq after attending a Newcastle game, redeye who does Charles Saatchi support as only football fans are capable of domestic violence?.

Football should be banned it's the cause of all things wrong in the world, i'm sure that at least one of the worlds religions will have that in their particular version of the bible.

Football should be banned it's the cause of all things wrong in the world, i'm sure that at least one of the worlds religions will have that in their particular version of the bible.

The Taliban does - along with almost everything else.

are we all agreed that there should be a ban on replying to anything the WUM redeye posts?

the bloke/woman/leftie is not needed, it used to be fun to have a laugh at his idiocies however it has got to the point where it's boring to read. i don't want to block him as this is a public forum but ffs, give it up son.

Just block him, you know it makes sense (unlike redeye).

BTW I resent "leftie". I'm one of those, but I'm not a hysterical male ultra-feminist.

• Admin

What's clear here is that you appear to hang around with a lot of wrong'uns.

Magnet Theory suggests that we surround ourselves wiith similar personalities and traits.

So, next time you feel the urge to hit or otherwise physically abuse someone, please try to take a moment to think of a happy memory such as Tinnion scoring at Anfield to eliminate the Scousers from the FA Cup, the comfortable victory over Rotherham to secure our last promotion or Trundle's goal against Palace to help us reach the play off final to put you in a more relaxed mood. Let football be your saviour :-)

Sorry but this is rubbish

If the Loins had lost yesterday and some Knob head then gives his Mrs a good beating That would not make it Rugbys fault would it

• Admin

No! It would quite clearly be footballs fault....

Not forgetting football's evil bed-fellow, alcohol. The pair are soley responsible for the failures of modern Britain, without them we'd all be living in the most beautifully idyllic utopia :(

Not forgetting football's evil bed-fellow, alcohol. The pair are soley responsible for the failures of modern Britain, without them we'd all be living in the most beautifully idyllic utopia :(

Surely BCFC's sponsorship deal from blackthorn should be enough to end redeye's association with BCFC, oh well another hypocrite bites the dust.

Indeed, this is why the areas of Afghanistan controlled by the Taliban are heaven on earth - no alcohol and no football. I mean, look how well the Taliban treat their womenfolk...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/sep/05/men-victims-domestic-violence

Interesting little article here. I realise the use of logic is pointless when debating with feminists, I'm just using one-eye theory to clarify a few things for myself.

I suggest that the vast majority of the perpetrators in the article do not regularly frequent traditional pubs and do not go to football. As this is clearly an undisputably the course of their violence, they should become alcohol dependent and get to the football asap.

Anyone disagreeing with this view is clearly not condemning or taking seriously enough domestic violence.

40% of victims of domestic abuse are coursed because women aren't pissed up or going to the football enough. 40%!!

This is according to one-eye's rationale, anyway.

That's because there isn't one.

I think you will find there are links.

I suggest you read Professor Allan Brimicombe's report on the increase in domestic violence due to increase in alcohol intake (consumed both in pubs and at home).

Alongside this are reports from Police Constabularies around the country, also confirming increases in domestic violence when football tournaments are taking place. Hence the introduction of special domestic violence teams to tackle the increase in abusive and violent behaviour.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/sep/05/men-victims-domestic-violence

Interesting little article here. I realise the use of

logic is pointless when debating with feminists, I'm just using one-eye theory to clarify a few

things for myself.

I suggest that the vast majority of the

perpetrators in the article do not regularly

frequent traditional pubs and do not go to

football. As this is clearly an undisputably the

course of their violence, they should become

alcohol dependent and get to the football asap.

Anyone disagreeing with this view is clearly not

condemning or taking seriously enough domestic

violence.

40% of victims of domestic abuse are coursed

because women aren't pissed up or going to the

football enough. 40%!!

This is according to one-eye's rationale,

anyway.

Sadly, female violence is on the increase. You only have to look at the way women conduct themselves around alcohol these days, be it pubs, clubs or at home. A lot of this violent abusive behaviour stems from the ladette culture in the 90s - where women wanted to be like men and act like men. Some legacy eh?

I suggest you also read Professor Allan Brimicombe's report on the increase in domestic violence (in some cases up to a third), during football tournaments.

Surely BCFC's sponsorship deal from blackthorn should be enough to end redeye's association with BCFC, oh well another hypocrite bites the

dust.

The blame isn't with alcohol - the blame is with those who consume alcohol, with no respect or regard for others. These people always pull out the 'it's not my fault, I was drunk' disclaimer.

Archived