IGNORED

England V India I C C Champions Trophy Final Match Thread

bcfcbs20

• Admin

Still at least most of the fans have gone home happy!

There cannot be another country in the world whose fans would be outnumbered and a wicket was prepared to suit the opposition. R5L were saying it was more like 80/20 Indians to English.

That said, a combination of a bad decision and some poor play was our undoing.

Because half of India live over here?

The population of India is one and a quarter billion people, that is more than a sixth of the worlds population, it is not surprising that a lot of Indians live in other countries. If "half of India live over here" our population would be ten times what it is currently. Do some Mathematics .....

The population of India is one and a quarter billion people, that is more than a sixth of the worlds population, it is not surprising that a lot of Indians live in other countries. If "half of India live over here" our population would be ten times what it is currently. Do some Mathematics .....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJX5XHnONTI

Whoosh!

There cannot be another country in the world whose fans would be outnumbered and a wicket was prepared to suit the opposition. R5L were saying it was more like 80/20 Indians to English.

This is another thing that aggravates me. We have a fantastic bowling attack, why don't we play to our strengths, and create green wickets which do all sorts? The Indians wouldn't know what hit them.

Well not really, you may have said what you said with "irony" but there are people out there who take glib comments like that and start to believe them. It's something I prefer not to joke about, but each to his/her own.

Thanks for the Video you found necessary to put up. Very interesting.

This is another thing that aggravates me. We have a fantastic bowling attack, why don't we play to our strengths, and create green wickets which do all sorts? The Indians wouldn't know what hit them.

As do India, Pakistan, the Windies and, well, just about everybody, really...

Ah...the old Norman Tebbit cricket test.

BTW hell of a fight back by the Glos against Australia A yesterday :)

Whenever GCCC play a touring team without fail they collapse first innings then have a belated recovery, this is going back to mid 70's.

Whenever GCCC play a touring team without fail they collapse first innings then have a belated recovery, this is going back to mid 70's.

True. We would have beaten THE Windies side had not Joel Garner, of all people, scored his only 1st class ton :o

I believe we did something similar against Oz in the thirties, but I wasn't there then ;)

Don't be daft he plays for the Shire ,,they would rather play with ten than pick anyone from us (check the last 50 years)

BTW, just who is Dernbach shaging to get near an England side?

I always thought Jon Lewis should have played for England 4 or 5 earlier than he did. Mike Smith wasn't good enough, jack Russell good keeper but not good enough as a batsman, Sid Lawrence, not good enough. Jeremy snape chucked up a few pies in the one day side as did Mike Ball. Can't think of any glos players to be hard done by apart from Jon Lewis.

I always thought Jon Lewis should have played for England 4 or 5 earlier than he did. Mike Smith wasn't good enough, jack Russell good keeper but not good enough as a batsman, Sid Lawrence, not good enough. Jeremy snape chucked up a few pies in the one day side as did Mike Ball. Can't think of any glos players to be hard done by apart from Jon Lewis.

Just compare Jack Russell's Test batting average with that of Alec Stewart when he was keeping wicket. No significant difference and Russell was an infinitely superior keeper, IMHO the best I ever saw, and I've seen a few.

Just compare Jack Russell's Test batting average with that of Alec Stewart when he was keeping wicket. No significant difference and Russell was an infinitely superior keeper, IMHO the best I ever saw, and I've seen a few.

That's what I was saying, should have had a ton of caps.

How do you quantify a maginaly better run average with the catches, stumpings, byes saved of an infinately superior keeper (unless you play for Surrey)?

That's what I was saying, should have had a ton of caps.

How do you quantify a maginaly better run average with the catches, stumpings, byes saved of an infinately superior keeper (unless you play for Surrey)?

Indeed. If Jack had played for Surrey, he'd have had a hundred Tests.

I'm not disagreeing with you just towards the end of his England career bowlers worked him out. He was poor against the short delivery,and the tour against the West Indies he was worked over continuously, he looked poor and rattled behind the stumps.

Alex Stewart opened the batting. Facing the new ball and opening bowlers. Top batsmen and a good keeper IMO.

Jack, a top keeper and batsmen for glos. A good keeper for England and a decent batsmen IMO.

Glos fans have a higher opinion of him than fans across the country.

Archived