IGNORED

Blaggers & Liggers

slartibartfast

As tis the silly season, any of you had experiences of getting into AG for nix?

In the late 80's had a couple of seasons attending for nowt. Before the Dolman surround was altered the fire escape to the Legends Bar(?) was open to the outside. My mate's mate used to run it, so we used to go early, mount said fire escape, knock three times and get let in.

This lasted until he left. The last time was that famous win against Chelsea, total sell out, so we just stood at the back and kept moving when we caught stewards eye !

Not at AG but at cricket grounds following Somerset twas easy, learned the skill of wall hopping at Clarence Park WSM then progressed to Taunton, Bath, County Ground Bristol, Swansea and even Lords.

Gates were usually manned by old duffers!

Not at AG but at cricket grounds following Somerset twas easy, learned the skill of wall hopping at Clarence Park WSM then progressed to Taunton, Bath, County Ground Bristol, Swansea and even Lords.

Gates were usually manned by old duffers!

I went to watch Gloucestershire v Surrey T20 up in Gloucester a couple of years back, parked in the car park and noticed that me and my mate could walk right into the ground without paying for a ticket, so in we went!

Whes the gas were playing at Twerton, I saw many a second half.... from the away end! I went to Bath Uni and worked at the little Gateway that shared a carpark with the ground. My shift finished at 3.30 and they used to let me pop in during half time

I went to watch Gloucestershire v Surrey T20 up in Gloucester a couple of years back, parked in the car park and noticed that me and my mate could walk right into the ground without paying for a ticket, so in we went!

Cricket is a compleat farce. I've watched more (certainly 4 day games) not paying than paying, just get there (Nevil Rd anyhoo) at 10 or before, no bugger there.

Few years ago, before they built the new stand (which is now demolished) we used to drive in by the Grace Gates with a rake of plastic cups on the back seat and ask the duffer on the gate for thr Jessop Tavern, we got to do the machines. Hey presto, in for the duration !

went to the Goldstone Ground years ago (90/91 I think, Gary Shelton last minute winner 1-0) was working as a TV repair man back then, with the company name all over the side of the van. When I got to the ground I asked the steward where the best place to park was, he looked at the van and saw it said television on the side and told me to park over by the BBC radio car, as I went in he gave me a media area voucher for tea and sandwiches at half time. Walked in the ground and went round the edge of the pitch to the open side terrace and just got the steward to let me into the away section.

Archived