IGNORED

Luke Murphy

ciderbeans

Sky sports news suggesting offer has been accepted from wolves for him. No price mentioned but is he someone we could compete for transfer wise?

I know people will go into the whole finance debate but I don't think transfer fees are an issue if it is for the right person as Lansdown will back SOD. I do think he is within our attainable wage bracket.

Does anyone else think we can and should compete for his signature?

Am I being too ambitious again? a la lascelles

He's produced countless amounts of decent displays in lower league matches and big matches (play offs and cup).

He'd be an excellent buy but we definitely won't be in for him; I see Villa going in for him as they did Westwood.

Yes, Crewe's academy is hyped up but that's because it has a track record of producing talented youngsters.

Murphy and Max Clayton will move to bigger clubs and do well.

He is a far better player than league 1. Very good player and unfortunately a lot bigger clubs than us in for him. Would of course be the ideal signing but not within our grasp I am afraid. I don't think Wolves is the right move for him at all, he has been linked with Villa and could go higher.

He is a far better player than league 1. Very good player and unfortunately a lot bigger clubs than us in for him. Would of course be the ideal signing but not within our grasp I am afraid. I don't think Wolves is the right move for him at all, he has been linked with Villa and could go higher.

Do you watch him play every week or are you basing this on what you have heard and reputation?

Do you watch him play every week or are you basing this on what you have heard and reputation?

I used to play football with a lad signed by Crewe. I have seen Murphy 3 times live this season, a few times on TV and the rest is on this lads and others say so.

He isn't as good as Westwood at Villa, but I think he could be a good signing for most championship sides this season and he could probably hold his own at the lower end of the prem.

I used to play football with a lad signed by Crewe. I have seen Murphy 3 times live this season, a few times on TV and the rest is on this lads and others say so.

He isn't as good as Westwood at Villa, but I think he could be a good signing for most championship sides this season and he could probably hold his own at the lower end of the prem.

Thats it mate trust your eyes & trust your contacts.

Ive saw him many times live & on TV over the years & hee stood out head & shoulders each time. I would class Murphy as a sitting midfielder so to get near on double figures in that position at any level is impressive. Although we are in no position to rival Wolves, i would still be very jealous should they sign him. He can do much better than them & a clown like Jackett.

Thats it mate trust your eyes & trust your contacts.

Ive saw him many times live & on TV over the years & hee stood out head & shoulders each time. I would class Murphy as a sitting midfielder so to get near on double figures in that position at any level is impressive. Although we are in no position to rival Wolves, i would still be very jealous should they sign him. He can do much better than them & a clown like Jackett.

Agreed mate.

He can do better than Wolves, but if he does go there then it will be a great signing for them. He certainly isn't a goal scoring midfielder but he has a lot of ability and composure on the ball. Would be a superb signing but unfortunately can't see it happening.

BBC Radio Stoke Sports Editor Graham McGarry tweets: "BBC Radio Stoke can confirm Leeds United make best offer to sign Crewe Alex skipper Luke Murphy.

"Crewe skipper Luke Murphy due at Leeds United at 10am this morning to complete formalities of his one million pounds move to Elland Road."

Blackburn Rovers and Wolverhampton Wanderers have also had bids accepted for the 23-year-old midfielder.

Out of League 1... thank god!

Archived