IGNORED

Drug Cheats In English Football

bcfcbs20

After hearing about that chap Kinsella from Fleetwood who got banned for 2 years after getting caught taking steroids do you think it's a major problem rife in the game I would hate to think my hard earn money is going to a load of steroid taking drug cheats.

After hearing about that chap Kinsella from Fleetwood who got banned for 2 years after getting caught taking steroids do you think it's a major problem rife in the game I would hate to think my hard earn money is going to a load of steroid taking drug cheats.

I don't thinks its a major problem, look at the amount of pros in the game and thoses actually getting caught, its less then 1%

The punishment however should be a life time ban not 2 years

I don't thinks its a major problem, look at the amount of pros in the game and thoses actually getting caught, its less then 1%

I hope you're right but I wouldn't mind finding out how many players are tested and how often. I agree with you on the ban two years is pathetic anyone caught should be given a straight life time ban it's the deterent that will stop these ******* idiots doing it in the first place.

Not so sure Monkeh ...there was an in depth TV doco / report that analyzed the figures publicly available through the company that carries out random tests at clubs for the FA/FL ?

There was a large amount of so called "random" tests that could not be carried out because ..surprise surprise...the players targetted were not at the club that day....

The prog had ex pros willing to admit their club had put them on performace drugs and then warned them in advance not to go to training ground on a certain day because the testers were due in town..

I think Swansea had the worst record with something like 18 missed tests in one season also recall a lot of the London clubs were big time cuplrits and the link was made that Swansea at the time had several squad players ex or on loan from , you guessed it ...London clubs ..although the link was very circumstantual of course

The result of a missed test is a small fine for the club....thats it (or was at the time)

The conclussion was that drug use is probably rife - especialy recreational use - but clubs identify those involved and keep them at arms length from the testers ...

Not so sure Monkeh ...there was an in depth TV doco / report that analyzed the figures publicly available through the company that carries out random tests at clubs for the FA/FL ?

There was a large amount of so called "random" tests that could not be carried out because ..surprise surprise...the players targetted were not at the club that day....

The prog had ex pros willing to admit their club had put them on performace drugs and then warned them in advance not to go to training ground on a certain day because the testers were due in town..

I think Swansea had the worst record with something like 18 missed tests in one season also recall a lot of the London clubs were big time cuplrits and the link was made that Swansea at the time had several squad players ex or on loan from , you guessed it ...London clubs ..although the link was very circumstantual of course

The result of a missed test is a small fine for the club....thats it (or was at the time)

The conclussion was that drug use is probably rife - especialy recreational use - but clubs identify those involved and keep them at arms length from the testers ...

I didn;'t see that mate so I can't comment, Can only go on limited info,

maybe the FA FL and PL need to step in and issue a 2 point deduction for every 3 missed D&A,

I know in my line of work if I miss a D&A my tickets get suspended and I can't work

I'm not really sure why they test for recreational drugs. Surely it would put the players at a disadvantage rather than give them an unfair edge? If the clubs - as the players employer - wants to do so, that's up to them.

The problem is the secret bans given by the FA for recreational drugs abuses, in fact they are so secret the clubs involved hold fake injury press conferences to create the illusion and then when they unload the said players, there is absolutely no requirement to inform the club they are trying to palm the player off to about what has happened, which is wholly wrong because you end up with a situation like Garry O'connor, who served a secret ban whilst at Birmingham and of course they did not want a druggie player so palmed him off onto Barnsley after 2 trial periods and Barnsley had no clue until well into the period where he signed permanently for them, it is wrong because they palm off their 'disadvantage' to another club.

The problem is the secret bans given by the FA for recreational drugs abuses, in fact they are so secret the clubs involved hold fake injury press conferences to create the illusion and then when they unload the said players, there is absolutely no requirement to inform the club they are trying to palm the player off to about what has happened, which is wholly wrong because you end up with a situation like Garry O'connor, who served a secret ban whilst at Birmingham and of course they did not want a druggie player so palmed him off onto Barnsley after 2 trial periods and Barnsley had no clue until well into the period where he signed permanently for them, it is wrong because they palm off their 'disadvantage' to another club.

Interesting stuff, Es. The public shaming should be more of a punishment than a ban.

Of course, testing for recreational drugs is what fuels football's cocaine culture. Cannaboids stay detectable in hair for a month whereas cocaine derivatives are out of the bloodstream in 48 hours.

Interesting stuff, Es. The public shaming should be more of a punishment than a ban.

Of course, testing for recreational drugs is what fuels football's cocaine culture. Cannaboids stay detectable in hair for a month whereas cocaine derivatives are out of the bloodstream in 48 hours.

Exactly, why should a club in all innocence sign a player that comes with an already inherent problem?, one club off loads a problem and the new club inherits that problem, it stinks like many things surrounding the way the FA runs the game, the FA motto "thou shalt not derail the gravy train................................under any circumstances whatsoever.

Archived