IGNORED

Watch Our Win At The Madjeski In 2001

ashton_fan

This win came after the late home victory over Millwall (both games were on Fridays) following six games without a win. This was one of our best league performances under Danny Wilson:

http://youtu.be/EfuIPJYNs-A

And the Millwall game, City win in injury time with a late penalty from Lee Matthews following four sending off:

http://youtu.be/fMj-YJQHTO0

Remember the reading game! I was 14 and my dad got some free tickets from a reading fan colleague. Unfortunately they were in the home end!

The city fans started singing 'Stand up if you're 3-1 up' and I stood on my seat amongst the reading fans, much to my Dad's amazement!

Reading was a brilliant away day. The Evening Post were running an offer where somehow (forget the specifics) obtaining a voucher meant you could get cheap train tickets to London (think it was something silly like a tenner).

The booking staff at BTM were bemused when about 500 blokes turned up to "yeah, I'm going shopping for the missus innit".

The game itself was super and the atmosphere was quality. When we win at Reading (not often) City fans really seem to turn up the noise. Although the Wilson era ultimately ended in failure I thought we played incredibly entertaining football at times. We were lacking in mental strength but had some really talented players who looked superb when they clicked.

Lewis Hancock I rememeber this trip so well. You were sat by the window on the Juniors Coach right behind me and someone throw a brick at the coach window and smahed it. You were so young then :laugh: and so scared. I am pleased to say this did not put you off being a Bristol City fan .

Lewis Hancock I rememeber this trip so well. You were sat by the window on the Juniors Coach right behind me and someone throw a brick at the coach window and smahed it. You were so young then :laugh: and so scared. I am pleased to say this did not put you off being a Bristol City fan .

Yes you were, Kate! I was 8, how time goes by eh?!

No that didn't but plenty of other scenarios have given me food for thought :P I jest obviously!

Archived