IGNORED

Tinnion Interview

allyolly

A very open an honest interview with BT on player.

Admitted that in hindsight it was a mistake to take the manager's job when offered but the opportunity at the time was too good to turn down. Talked about the difficulty of going from player to manager and dealing with players who he used to be mates with.

He spoke with a lot of clarity about his current role and determination to develop opportunities for Bristol boys to sign for their local club and progress to the first team if good enough.

Seems to be a good fit with the club's philosophy under SOD.

Interesting thanks. I don't agree with the principle of paying to hear news from the club as a season ticket holder so I don't have player. Sounds like there's some good content though.

Most video content gets rehashed in text format soon after anyway.

Good interview with Brian. Adam pulled no punches. BT said all the right things. He looks a tad too serious though. Hopefully he can lighten up a little.

Things seem to be looking very, very good behind the scenes at Ashton Gate.

Brought it all back, seeing him and hearing him and almost a tear to the eye when he mentioned Swansea.

I hope the fans get the chance to see him near the pitch at an Ashton gate game, he will be stood up for and shouted and sung for.

As to whether he manipulated himself into this role, maybe so and people said similiar things when he got the managers job, but I like his edge and his nowse. What we need to stop Southampton etc.. nicking the kiddies that should be with us.

Perfect role for him and Bristol City will benefit with him under the new set-up.

WE LOVE YOU TINMAN

Agree with most comments above, good interview.

Think we have to leave the past aside in terms of how Tins got the manager's job. Clearly he felt it was too much too young so to speak. To have someone with such a strong association with the club, who played football the right way, and can genuinely sell the club to the best kids (and parents) we can find can only be a benefit in the long term. There does seem to be a real common purpose, belief and commitment to a common cause at all levels of the club in developing youth and more importantly evidence that we are looking to youth both in terms of senior recruitment and for U21 level. Personally, I like nothing more than seeing kids from Bristol and surrounding area getting into the team and being part of the future of club (obviously as long as they are good enough).

In recent years I must admit I have had doubts about my own fidelity. I'd seen the club I love become overweight and bloated with expensive glamour signings that flattered to deceive. I was slowly but surely falling out of love. It was all getting a bit high maintenance and the empty promises were leaving me feeling unloved and ultimately unfulfilled. Ok, it's been a journey but she's now managed to shed a few (million) pounds, got rid of the fake tan and the cheap bling she's once again becoming the club I fell in love with all those years ago. It's early days but I feel I'm starting to love her again for what she is rather than what I want her to be. That'll do me.

Brought it all back, seeing him and hearing him and almost a tear to the eye when he mentioned Swansea.

I hope the fans get the chance to see him near the pitch at an Ashton gate game, he will be stood up for and shouted and sung for.

As to whether he manipulated himself into this role, maybe so and people said similiar things when he got the managers job, but I like his edge and his nowse. What we need to stop Southampton etc.. nicking the kiddies that should be with us.

Perfect role for him and Bristol City will benefit with him under the new set-up.

WE LOVE YOU TINMAN

All politics aside I would absolutely love to see him pitch side again. Can imagine the rapturous reception he would get regardless of what was an unfair end to his time here. Wonder if he's still fit? Could do with some experience!

Most video content gets rehashed in text format soon after anyway.

Good interview with Brian. Adam pulled no punches. BT said all the right things. He looks a tad too serious though. Hopefully he can lighten up a little.

Things seem to be looking very, very good behind the scenes at Ashton Gate.

I recall meeting BT just after he got the managers job, he struck me as someone who new what he wanted to do, but not how to do it.

That was the reason things didn't work out for him, dare I say now older and wiser he is a perfect fit for the role he has taken on.

Who? All managers, bar Coppell, seem to be very likeable and approachable.

Now I've written that out I guess you may be talking about Millen.

Met Millen in a pub after a bad home defeat (yeah ok there were a few) and he was completely approachable and very happy to discuss any aspect of what was going on.

Coppell in Sweden on the other hand seemed like he wanted to be anywhere other than with our club.

Agree with most comments above, good interview.

Think we have to leave the past aside in terms of how Tins got the manager's job. Clearly he felt it was too much too young so to speak. To have someone with such a strong association with the club, who played football the right way, and can genuinely sell the club to the best kids (and parents) we can find can only be a benefit in the long term. There does seem to be a real common purpose, belief and commitment to a common cause at all levels of the club in developing youth and more importantly evidence that we are looking to youth both in terms of senior recruitment and for U21 level. Personally, I like nothing more than seeing kids from Bristol and surrounding area getting into the team and being part of the future of club (obviously as long as they are good enough).

In recent years I must admit I have had doubts about my own fidelity. I'd seen the club I love become overweight and bloated with expensive glamour signings that flattered to deceive. I was slowly but surely falling out of love. It was all getting a bit high maintenance and the empty promises were leaving me feeling unloved and ultimately unfulfilled. Ok, it's been a journey but she's now managed to shed a few (million) pounds, got rid of the fake tan and the cheap bling she's once again becoming the club I fell in love with all those years ago. It's early days but I feel I'm starting to love her again for what she is rather than what I want her to be. That'll do me.

Nice one mate.

Almost brought a tear to my eye!

I know a few people do think this is one of the 'jobs for the boys' but I think selling the club, installing passion into younger children has to be done by someone who has a history with the club.

Surely young players will take note of someone who has 500 games under their belt and that a large number of city fans feel is one of our better players over the last 25 years or so, rather than someone with no affinity with the club.

Cracking interview. Brutally honest, and he didn't dodge the issue of him being appointed manager. He also hinted at "having a lot of team mates in the dressing room" and how that was innappropriate with him as manager.

He quite rightly said when you get offered the job at a club like ours, it'd be hard for anyone to turn down.

Am over the moon he's back.

Another, who after near 50 years of being the centre of my attention, was beginning to fall out of love with the Club. Culminated in a final day of last season match choice of Torquay vs Slags or City vs Huddersfield. Went for the former. Wasn't so much the off-the-field but our over-paid bunch of wasters on the field who started to make me look the other way.

Tins is the absolute opposite to the journeymen leaches who were so prevalent in our Club last year. Not one, generally, for looking after the 'old boys', but Tins is a justifiable exception.

Still not entirely convinced by SoD based on his performance last season but his close season activities seem spot on. Be nice if Killa, Pearson and Fonts could be shifted but Foster, Skuse and the keepers are a good start. The incomers really do look like they may be a useful bunch, hopefully, heralding a new dawn.

'Bouncing back stronger' and I'm starting to believe. .... go for it City!

Like I said before I was broadly neutral about whether Tinnion came back for a job or not.

I listened to his interview without watching it; I wanted to hear from the new Director of Youth Recruitment not Brian Tinnion.

I liked what he had to say, he sounds knowledgeable, has good contacts, will travel extensively or whatever it takes, speaks with a commanding voice and is a football man.

Then I listened to him as Brian Tinnion and it seems that we have a man who is ideal for this role at this club and at this moment.

I think both the club and he have made the right decision and I think he will do a very good job. I particularly liked his remark about being pro-active in taking good players from Cat 2 or 3 academies competing with us; in response to the fact if its good for the goose its good for the gander too; having just lost two of our best to the Prem.

Welcome back to the Gate Brian.

Archived