IGNORED

Suarez Scoring Vs Us At Home In Friendly

TheCulturalBomb

Ajax were sensational that day, blew us away completely. Albert Luque, and Urby Emmanuelson (many people thought he was Evander Sno! Ha) were superb.

They all played well in fairness for Ajax. None on the same level as Samuel Eto when Mallorca were down here.

Probably something like 10-20% of what he's on now, he certainly is a greedy ****.

Oh is he the one who went to some god forsaken Russian dump at the end of a shunting line and everyone went 'huh?' then there was a pause... $220k a week.... oh right huh huh.

Eto' for Real Mallorca was better

My abiding memory of that game was watching Christian Roberts look like Ronaldo on the wing, full of tricks and pace. He could have been a player if not for his issues!

Also if memory serves Eto' scored a Beckhamesque free kick which was blinding to see!

My abiding memory of that game was watching Christian Roberts look like Ronaldo on the wing, full of tricks and pace. He could have been a player if not for his issues!

Also if memory serves Eto' scored a Beckhamesque free kick which was blinding to see!

Oh is he the one who went to some god forsaken Russian dump at the end of a shunting line and everyone went 'huh?' then there was a pause... $220k a week.... oh right huh huh.

The same Russian dump they don't even play at because of the violence and how awful the city is, I think they fly out 500 or so miles from Moscow on home games. When Liverpool had to play them they didn't even play in Anzhi, they played in Moscow.

If my memory serves me correctly he scored twice that night as did Lee Peacock.... Who would of thought that one would play for the greatest club in the world and the other only played for Barca and Inter!?

I was there, I am 99 per cent sure it was the little midfielder campano who got the free kick. Etoo was rediculous, though Danny Coles marking him is a slight mismatch.

Also saw the Ajax game, Suarez scored early, running on to a through ball, and literally passing the ball into the top corner. I had never heard of him before but that finish certainly caught my attention!

The Ajax game was memorable for me in respect that there wasn't a tackle in the game until Paul Hartley came on in the 75th minute.

It was a typical "nice" pre season game,where every player had about 5 minutes to make a pass etc.

This is the reason why I don't bother with pre season games anymore,they are all to nice!

It was Sno that ran the show because he got a standing ovation which he spoke about when he signed for us as being a proud moment.

I remember Suarez because of his movement more than anything else, he was always on the shoulder and his movement to receive the ball was the best I've seen.

I'm pretty sure we had a Russian trailist called Alexei Eremenko who played the last half an hour or so, he looked handy on the ball but a bit heavy. Also remember that Paul Hartley tackle followed by him trying to drag the player off the floor and shouting in his face, brilliant!

The Russian league is full of mercenaries now who go for the money. Sad as most could and would still be at the top level elsewhere though not on as much cash

Eto

Hulk

Pato ( until recently)

Diarra

McGeady

Witsel

To name a few.

It was Sno that ran the show because he got a standing ovation which he spoke about when he signed for us as being a proud moment.

I remember Suarez because of his movement more than anything else, he was always on the shoulder and his movement to receive the ball was the best I've seen.

I'm pretty sure we had a Russian trailist called Alexei Eremenko who played the last half an hour or so, he looked handy on the ball but a bit heavy. Also remember that Paul Hartley tackle followed by him trying to drag the player off the floor and shouting in his face, brilliant!

We also played Brezovan in goal who was on trial and he was awful

The Russian league is full of mercenaries now who go for the money. Sad as most could and would still be at the top level elsewhere though not on as much cash

Eto

Hulk

Pato ( until recently)

Diarra

McGeady

Witsel

To name a few.

I agree with you to an extent, but I think it's only a matter of time now before we see a Russian team go far in the Champions League. Too many strong teams over there.

Archived