IGNORED

The Blackthorn Cup

CIDER NOT CIDRE

So our friendly of City vs Rangers is going to be a battle for silverware, in what is going to be called the blackthorn cup. I reckon it would be a good thing to do every year, like the Ashes and whoever wins keeps the trophy for that season, and then the battle commences again for the bragging rights for the next season! Just wondered what peoples views were on this?

Makes it seem laughable to me. Would be a bit embarrassed to walk around the pitch with a poor trophy that is just another pre-season friendly really. Our trophy cabinet is already quite embarrassing without potentially putting a trophy in it to remember beating a Scottish third division side in a pre-season game.

Makes it seem laughable to me. Would be a bit embarrassed to walk around the pitch with a poor trophy that is just another pre-season friendly really. Our trophy cabinet is already quite embarrassing without potentially putting a trophy in it to remember beating a Scottish third division side in a pre-season game.

mmm, but it could become less of a friendly and more of something to battle for?

Shirt sponsors change.

But yeh that's a good point...

Second division! ;)

My uncle, he took me to my first City games, he also followed Rangers, bought me their shirts as well as ours when I was young. He also told me, City and Rangers use to have a thing going on between the 2 clubs, I guess this was a lie, but it worked for me

Archived