IGNORED

Glasto On Tv

Tins

Stones = Kings new clothes

Jagger can't sing for toffee now, flat as a witches tit, painfull, give up

Who's the third guitarist? Why do they need him, it's just three very ordinary players. Richard Thompson would kick all three of their sorry asses and then some!

rant over

Spot on. Washed up.

Exactly, don't know your age, but my generation did it first and best. All just a rehash of original 60's and 70's !

Amazingly, just saw my son in the front of the crowd , he's working there so obviously got pick of places .

How is Chase & Status a rehash of 60's and 70's music? What a performance mind. Out of this world.

• Admin

Wtf is seasick Steve all about. Utter garbage.

I've seen him live at another festival, I thought he'd be a bit too bluesy for me, but he was great, probably better live than on TV. He appeared with the bass player from the biggest band of the 70's and 80's, John Paul Jones.

He used to be a busker/hobo and has now finally made a few quid in his twilight years.

His first mainstream album has a great name "I started out with nothin and still got most of it left"

Had to laugh this morning, someone on R5 said the Stones look like the Wonga puppets :)

Stones = Kings new clothes

Jagger can't sing for toffee now, flat as a witches tit, painfull, give up

Jagger never has been able to 'sing' as such but then do you have to for a rock n roll band?!

Just watching Bobby Womack, same age as Jagger and he's a chap who really CAN sing!

Vampire Weekend looked good and the Arctic Monkeys were class, what a frontman Alex Turner is turning into. Can't wait for their new album out in Sept.

Talking of great frontmen, here comes Nick Cave :)

Twenty five years after I first saw Public Image Ltd who were the antithesis of commercial on TV there it was again, minus Levene and the mighty Wobble.

On came Mr Lydon, on it waddled like a Womble that had eaten a life times free supply of country life butter.

That man defined my record collection, no Rotten, no clash, joy division, killing joke, no punk, no DIY/indie really.

I thought I am going to hate this rat bastard sell out.

Newtons law was observed IT could barely move anymore, but the voice, intensity and rythmes were mesmerising.

Rise sublime.

Public Image ... Mettalic guitar still a thing of beauty even though it's responsible for U2's career.

Beautiful ..

Pretty disappointed with many acts this year especially chase and status,arctic monkeys and the stones,infact i could hardly watch the stones it was like they have been let out of their care home for the night!

Best performances for me were Portishead and Public Enemy........fight the power!!!

It was amazing I had such a good time met some sound as fuc# people got wasted and had the time of my life I imagine it would be pretty crap if your just watching it on the tele but if you were there then well it's another story bring on next year.

I had an amazing time, but if I honest I can't help but wonder how many of the popular acts of the moment are just that- how many will still be relevant in say ten years time?

To me the highlights were the likes of Amanda Palmer, chic, nick cave and bobby womack. The hives should get an honorable mention for having one of the most entertaining frontmen around. And although I don't like them as a band there is no denying the presence of liam Gallagher for beady eye.

I also stumbled across a reggae dub group on the blues stage called dub from atlantis who were great and was also amusing to watch how badly some of the crowd danced to them!

I had an amazing time, but if I honest I can't help but wonder how many of the popular acts of the moment are just that- how many will still be relevant in say ten years time?

To me the highlights were the likes of Amanda Palmer, chic, nick cave and bobby womack. The hives should get an honorable mention for having one of the most entertaining frontmen around. And although I don't like them as a band there is no denying the presence of liam Gallagher for beady eye.

I also stumbled across a reggae dub group on the blues stage called dub from atlantis who were great and was also amusing to watch how badly some of the crowd danced to them!

It doesn't matter if there relevant in 10 years time. It's now that counts. In 10 years time someone else will take over.

Pretty disappointed with many acts this year especially chase and status,arctic monkeys and the stones,infact i could hardly watch the stones it was like they have been let out of their care home for the night!

Best performances for me were Portishead and Public Enemy........fight the power!!!

Arctic monkeys were great

Cant say I am over excited about the Stones tomoorw night.

i'm at Hyde park right now and can not wait for the stones. i think they showed at glasto that they're still performing top notch. struggling on the cider front though. anyone else here in sunny overcrowded London?

Cant say I am over excited about the Stones tomoorw night.

i'm at Hyde park right now and can not wait for the stones. i think they showed at glasto that they're still performing top notch. struggling on the cider front though. anyone else here in sunny overcrowded London?

Enjoy buddy!! Who's the warm up act?

I'm glad I'm not in London at the moment, too humid in the sun!

It doesn't matter if there relevant in 10 years time. It's now that counts. In 10 years time someone else will take over.

I understand that, but what I meant was that I grew up in awe of my parents telling stories of the legendary bands they saw- if I have kids one day I can't see them being excited about the fact that I saw vampire weekend (and this isn't me having a pop at any of these bands). Also I cant imagine any of these type of bands being asked to headline on their 50th anniversary.

I understand that, but what I meant was that I grew up in awe of my parents telling stories of the legendary bands they saw- if I have kids one day I can't see them being excited about the fact that I saw vampire weekend (and this isn't me having a pop at any of these bands). Also I cant imagine any of these type of bands being asked to headline on their 50th anniversary.

I think Muse and Take That will always be in my memory. Great gigs.

Archived