IGNORED

The Return Of Funniest Things In Football

Major Isewater

A group of us travelled up regularly on the Blagdon Lioness one instance my mate ,we shall call him Gary to protect Phil's blushes ,being a bit smart got his half time cuppa early to avoid the queue .

Returning with said plastic cup City scored ,not wishing to spill his tea hé placed it carefully on the floor before leaping majestically in the air to celebrate and landing right on the steaming beverage.

Résult wet trousers and a long wait for his second cup !

Stoke away in the early 2000s with the Junior Reds coach, we sat quite high to the right as one of the people on our coach, Steve Webb, had broke his leg and wanted room to put it up without any trouble. In the warm up, one of our players smashed the ball high and wide (shock horror) and where did it hit? Right on the end of Steves leg. Brilliant. Was only about 8 at the time!

Also, Cheltenham away and think Rotherham away I've seen shots hit unsuspecting travelling fans with a newly bought pies and hot drinks!

Roughly ten years ago a dull league 1 home match zero atmosphere some one with a Nokia text tone went off during the 2nd half in the dolman. The crowd actually tutted that his phone had broken pin drop silence during the 2nd half. To which I shouted turn that mobile off, which resulted in fans laughing for not only the rubbish on the pitch but the fact that noise was ruining there afternoon.

A few years ago in the Dolman against Preston, Adomah was having a absolute blinder, and kept on being hacked down to the point where the whole Dolman was up in outrage (as usual). One man then shouted "54th time ref", which was then followed by the whole dolman shouting out random numbers for about 5 minutes.

Archived