IGNORED

Highest Earners

cummins17

I only know the rough salaries of set players, none of whom are up to the top wage bracket. What I will say is top earners aren't on mega bucks in comparison to ChMpionship clubs when they signed.....I would imagine Kilkenny is around the top earner along with Baldock

Baldock was the highest earner in the champ. 18k.

This has been reduced after relegation so not sure now who is the highest but I expect it probably still is him.

Don't make stuff up. No city player is one anything near 18k.... And even if they were it wouldn't come close to top level Championship wages, i.e Frazer Campbell

I have noticed there has always been speculation of the highest earners within the club but not sure if all the rumours are true. Does anyone have any inside information on who the highest earners are and what sort of wages they are on?

Not sure no but what I can tell you is that he will be wearing a shirt next season sewn by a seamstress on perhaps as little as 35p per hour. The overall minimum wage in Indonesia went up just 3 months ago by an average 40% which is a nice rise of course until you realise that this only takes it to 49p per hour. That means she is on £3.92 per day or £19.60 per week. Mind you, I believe that is after tax and she does get free lunch and dinner and dormitory style accommodation if she wants it. Even a City player does not get that.

£19.60 a week for a piece of garbage shirt that is being sold for what is it?.. £45. Personally I prefer to donate £22.50 to BCFC, I am guessing about their margin, and give the other £22.50 to a new fund in Jakarta to supplement worker wages.

Kilkenny will be on too much. Davies and Adomah will be higher earners. So will Baldock, but I can't imagine 18k. I suspect he came to City as he was promised first team football (just because he might not get as much as maybe promised doesn't mean it wasn't promised. Hope that made sense).

Are you really suggesting we spent £1 million of our wage bill on one player?

Our wage bill for the year ending May 2012 was £18 million, but Del claimed he had slashed that dramatically last summer (he claimed it was cut in half). I can't therefore believe we would spend 1 million of approx 9 million total wage bill on Baldock.

:source: good source then fair enough.

Ill tell you the source over PM if you feel you need it. Think about it. Prem wages, turned down good offers from other league rivals.

If you want another little tip bit Baldock was on 18K in champ Stead second highest on 15K

Also ... Tango was on Glos Rd tonight with his mrs. Apparehtly there has been NO contract extension and is reporting back on Monday and fancy & not got a clue what's going on. No offers from outside, wants to stay but might be a free agent come Monday. Thinks he's been poorly treated.

Baldock was on 25k at west ham,so this figure of 18k would be realistic otherwise we would have had no chance of signing him.

Baldock was on 15k at West Ham. I have no idea where you have got 25k from.

Really is it though? He rejected moves to Charlton and CP for reported wages of around the 15k mark.

Why did he choose City? Was it our illustrious history and sold out stadia? Or the wedge?

I got this info from people in the club. One is a friend I trust the other was Scott Murray.

He was on 15k at West Ham.

Charlton's highest earner at that time was 7k per week. He came here because we offered him somewhere around the 10k mark. Common knowledge that Palace and Charlton didn't have sums to spend on wages.

I was employed by the football club, and no numerous employees in various different areas of the club....from players to cleaners. If you think anyone is on anything around the 18k mark your deluded.

Baldock was on 15k at West Ham. I have no idea where you have got 25k from.

He was on 15k at West Ham.

Charlton's highest earner at that time was 7k per week. He came here because we offered him somewhere around the 10k mark. Common knowledge that Palace and Charlton didn't have sums to spend on wages.

I was employed by the football club, and no numerous employees in various different areas of the club....from players to cleaners. If you think anyone is on anything around the 18k mark your deluded.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Game. Set. Match.

We didn't even bother chasing Ross McCormack because his agent started 12k per week (apparently) plus add ons (to the 5 clubs who enquired).....like **** are we suddenly going to fork out 18k for someone completely unproven at this level. Completely laughable.

Ill tell you the source over PM if you feel you need it. Think about it. Prem wages, turned down good offers from other league rivals.

If you want another little tip bit Baldock was on 18K in champ Stead second highest on 15K

Also ... Tango was on Glos Rd tonight with his mrs. Apparehtly there has been NO contract extension and is reporting back on Monday and fancy & not got a clue what's going on. No offers from outside, wants to stay but might be a free agent come Monday. Thinks he's been poorly treated.

Complete and utter dog shitte. You should be embarrassed.

Odd that, the rest of the team were in on Thursday... missing two days of training isn't going to do him any favours is it????

Odd that, the rest of the team were in on Thursday... missing two days of training isn't going to do him any favours is it????

i think he meant is going to report back monday, as opposed to saturday night when he spoke to him or sunday when they probably have a day off. Also his contract expires monday which means his last paycheque so i expect he is keen to go in on monday and see what the score is.

Posted Yesterday, 12:52 AM

iScoreWheniWant, on 30 Jun 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

Also ... Tango was on Glos Rd tonight with his mrs. Apparehtly there has been NO contract extension and is reporting back on Monday and fancy & not got a clue what's going on. No offers from outside, wants to stay but might be a free agent come Monday. Thinks he's been poorly

Complete and utter dog shitte. You should be embarrassed.

As i expected....Corleone is full of crap.

Ex-steward who thinks he's more important than he is I expect.

you can believe this or believe it not

through a neighbour who works still at the club i got the odd titbit of gossip

I learned that nicky maynard was the highest paid player at the club under GJ on £9k per week

So if u imagine that was a few years ago then it is easy to believe that salaries of £10k - £12k per week have been paid since then

For example it was always inferred that Stead and Pitman became top earners when they joined - I was told that wages and proximity to the South Coast was the reason Pitman joined us and not Blackpool

I was also told ( and SL inferred this in later interviews ) that David James and Kilkenny's salaries were paid by him and not out of club funds ( which may sound odd because of course the Club funds were his moneu anyway )

Also at the end of last season Jon L confirmed that 90% of the £18m wage bill last season was on players - so thats £16.2m on the total squad , loanees and the young pros and U21's - if you do the maths on that its easy to believe that we had quite a few players on crazy wages of £10k + per week

Archived