IGNORED

Afghanistan Farcical Situation

screech

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23112020

WTF, we bomb the shit out of the country, set up camp and fire at anything that moves for over 10 years and now Cameron asks for the Taliban to come forward for peace talks.

Err this is the same Taliban that we were supposedly fighting to get rid of, in their country.

We had no business being in their country back in 2001, so why does this dick head think that Taliban leaders should engage with the same countries that have tried killing them in the first place.

Everybody knew you couldn't win a war against a ghost enemy, why has it taken around 450 British soldier deaths for this cretin to realise this.

This will end the same way as Vietnam.

Nixon was so desperate to get out of Vietnam, he got Henry Kissinger to put a deal together behind the South Vietnamese President's back. This included communist Northern troops being allowed to stay in position in the south (how was that ever going to help ffs ?!)

Expect the same this time around. The NATO command will do anything to get a "peace deal", including allowing the Taliban to keep weapons. The only positive from this deal will be a prisoner exchange.

I would give the Afghan government 12 months after NATO leave. The Taliban will then attack, take Kabul and the government will collapse, as it did in Saigon.

We will then be back to square one.

WTF, we bomb the shit out of the country, set up camp and fire at anything that moves for over 10 years and now Cameron asks for the Taliban to come forward for peace talks.

Err this is the same Taliban that we were supposedly fighting to get rid of, in their country.

We had no business being in their country back in 2001, so why does this dick head think that Taliban leaders should engage with the same countries that have tried killing them in the first place.

Everybody knew you couldn't win a war against a ghost enemy, why has it taken around 450 British soldier deaths for this cretin to realise this.

Northern Ireland. Jerry Adams. Always ends this way

todays govenments learn nothing from history

We couldn't hack it and got slaughtered the russians did and now we are again

1842, the flight from Kabul in the First Afghan war. You are quite right, we will never learn. 'Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.'

It was never about the Taliban.

The aim for the conflict from our point of view was to destroy part of an international terror network. That aim has been completed across the middle east.

We now move onto Africa.

And if you believe that crock of crap you need tucking in on a night.

Come on then, lets have your informed view. I like reading some light fantasy once in a while.

pixel.gif

History is not encouraging. In two centuries, the Pashtuns have never once tolerated a permanent presence of armed foreigners. Defending families and villages is a cultural duty of local men, and the presence of outsiders is generally perceived as a threat, especially when they are non-Muslim. Historical memories are long in this part of the world. Some Afghans still say prayers for mujahedin who fought against the British -- in the 19th century.

The cultural misunderstandings between the Pashtuns and Western forces provide fodder for the Taliban. Its members have capitalized on Afghans' natural distrust of outsiders to propagate conspiracy theories, including the claim that the Americans are helping the Taliban to give themselves an excuse to stay in the country and exploit its natural resources.To say the international terror network has been defused in the middle east is laughable. I would say that today eight years into the war we are no longer any nearer to a peaceful middle east than we were when we started.

pixel.gif

History is not encouraging. In two centuries, the Pashtuns have never once tolerated a permanent presence of armed foreigners. Defending families and villages is a cultural duty of local men, and the presence of outsiders is generally perceived as a threat, especially when they are non-Muslim. Historical memories are long in this part of the world. Some Afghans still say prayers for mujahedin who fought against the British -- in the 19th century.

The cultural misunderstandings between the Pashtuns and Western forces provide fodder for the Taliban. Its members have capitalized on Afghans' natural distrust of outsiders to propagate conspiracy theories, including the claim that the Americans are helping the Taliban to give themselves an excuse to stay in the country and exploit its natural resources.To say the international terror network has been defused in the middle east is laughable. I would say that today eight years into the war we are no longer any nearer to a peaceful middle east than we were when we started.

The Los Angeles Times?

To be fair to David Camoron and the Tories, it was known liar, warmonger and general alround traitor Tony Blair and his Labour Party regime that got us involved with war in Afghanistan. Middle East 'peace envoy' Tony Blair and the Labour leadership should be parachuted into Afghanistan to sort the situation that they caused.

pixel.gif

You often see this written, but it has little historical basis. During the mid- to late-19th and early 20th Century, the British basically controlled Afghanistan, while maintaining a veneer of independence. And before the British, the Persians had invaded and set up a controlling dynasty there.

You often see this written, but it has little historical basis. During the mid- to late-19th and early 20th Century, the British basically controlled Afghanistan, while maintaining a veneer of independence. And before the British, the Persians had invaded and set up a controlling dynasty there.

Afghanistan was a 'forbidden country' during this period with Great Britain controlling Afghan foreign affairs and Afghan tribesmen largely able to internally govern their own country as they wished. I understand also that there were some pretty good Afghan regiments serving within the British Indian Raj army of this period. A pretty good arrangement.

Afghanistan was a 'forbidden country' during this period with Great Britain controlling Afghan foreign affairs and Afghan tribesmen largely able to internally govern their own country as they wished. I understand also that there were some pretty good Afghan regiments serving within the British Indian Raj army of this period. A pretty good arrangement.

Hmmmm. People say that, but we kicked their arses in the 2nd and 3rd Afghan Wars.

My point is that the cliches that are routinely deployed re talking about Afghanistan are just that, cliches.

Incidentally, BCR is quite right that Afghanistan is no longer a haven for Jihadist terrorists. The wedge driven between the Taliban - who basically are quite happy repressing just their own people - and Al-Qaeda, who want an expansionist, pan-Muslim state and particularly loathe the Gulf Arab monarchies, is one of the triumphs for Isaf.

What a dumb statement to make. Stick to your day job.

I think he's subtly highlighting that at what point does terrorism become relevant to your own self, or maybe thats just me.

If you dont know it happened, then how can you respond to the event that took place elsewhere? which you knew nothing about and probably had no immediate effect on you. Well at least, this is the grey area that the media play in and uses to push its own shit agendas.

What can be translated by the media rules the world, and the governments are slaves to the media and their not at all bias opinions and beliefs.

its sickening watching Sky news, they deal in death, depravity, murder all the awful stuff that turns your stomach. If Sky news and all the others for that matter were your friend, you would not invite them round for tea, so why have them controlling the world?

If you didn't know better, you could argue a case against the media that they are responsible for inciting what they report.

I think he's subtly highlighting that at what point does terrorism become relevant to your own self, or maybe thats just me.

If you dont know it happened, then how can you respond to the event that took place elsewhere? which you knew nothing about and probably had no immediate effect on you. Well at least, this is the grey area that the media play in and uses to push its own shit agendas.

What can be translated by the media rules the world, and the governments are slaves to the media and their not at all bias opinions and beliefs.

its sickening watching Sky news, they deal in death, depravity, murder all the awful stuff that turns your stomach. If Sky news and all the others for that matter were your friend, you would not invite them round for tea, so why have them controlling the world?

If you didn't know better, you could argue a case against the media that they are responsible for inciting what they report.

Exactly my view. At least you got it.

When does a story become a terror plot?

I have a good story for a film. Some baddies get some explosives and blow stuff up, thats OK, but the devil is in the detail.

Media has ****** humanity in the arsehole

if you don't like Sky News don't watch it. If people want to get their information from the paranoid dronings of uninformed tin-hat wearers posting blogs from bunkers in Montana - boy! Is the internet the place for you!!*

The fact is there have been a number of plots to kill in various ways civilians in this country going about there everyday lives and MI6 estimates that there are probably several dozen as yet undetected and of varying degrees of seriousness being planned at this very moment.

I'd rather the security services root out these plots while they exist, but we shouldn't necessarily believe merely withdrawing from tampering in Middle East politics would make us safe. There were bomb plots in Germany before it joined Isaf and also in Sweden and Norway.

As for how news is reported. It's reported in the way people consume it. It's a business and like any business it gives people what they want. When newspapers have experimented with 'good news days' they have found there circulation has plummeted. That's human nature. People like to hear about murders, just like they watch films and TV based on violent crime solving and preventing.

* That's not aimed at you BTW Teddy. Just a general point about how some people will trust the word of some random on the 'net over other sources.

if you don't like Sky News don't watch it. If people want to get their information from the paranoid dronings of uninformed tin-hat wearers posting blogs from bunkers in Montana - boy! Is the internet the place for you!!*

The fact is there have been a number of plots to kill in various ways civilians in this country going about there everyday lives and MI6 estimates that there are probably several dozen as yet undetected and of varying degrees of seriousness being planned at this very moment.

I'd rather the security services root out these plots while they exist, but we shouldn't necessarily believe merely withdrawing from tampering in Middle East politics would make us safe. There were bomb plots in Germany before it joined Isaf and also in Sweden and Norway.

As for how news is reported. It's reported in the way people consume it. It's a business and like any business it gives people what they want. When newspapers have experimented with 'good news days' they have found there circulation has plummeted. That's human nature. People like to hear about murders, just like they watch films and TV based on violent crime solving and preventing.

* That's not aimed at you BTW Teddy. Just a general point about how some people will trust the word of some random on the 'net over other sources.

Cant disagree with any of that really. Humans nature to thirst for information, the internet, social media, 24.7 news, reporters errywhere around the world from all the worst places telling us how bad it is. I just don't see how that is helpful.

I dont even want to know about mi6/5, they are secret for a reason, let them just get on with their shit I say.

I'm only worried about my own personal area and my friends and family, if that is compromised that i'll start to give a shit, but until then I just don't care about people getting killed around the world, or rather I dont want to be informed and tricked into being outraged, scared, powerless and every other feeling that goes with terror and destruction.

The Media incites terror everyday, BBC, Sky, CNN all of them are responsible. Sure I can swicth off, but what about everyone else? What about Egypt, Libia, Syria, Lebannon. The media told them that they were being oppressed and they should not put up with dictators, forcing their own capitalist liberal morals on other peoples is dangerous, now these people are fuming and burning their governments down, sometimes a dictatorship is better than democracy.

I'm just sayinh how it is, the media is too powerful, and there is nothing you can do about it, the world is now tiny and there are too many people now, and we are starting to be a bit funny about it, its only natural to want to protect your home.

\Taking Somalians in, WTF was the point in that? Now the problem is here ffs, we are not a ******* hotel for victims, Is there a sign on the UK that says victim storage? No, so why are we taking them in?

Polish and Eastern Euros can all piss off too, getting ******* annoyed with their shit, they treat this place like shit. Its not ******* Poland, Latvia, Romanina. They are destroying my town, we are overrun, OVERRUN with them i shit you not!

Not its not that I dont like them, I just dont understand why our gov made the borders open like this, its makes me want to cry somtimes it really does.

Bit controversial, but can we recall why we had two massive wars last centry? People forget sometimes what was sacrificed, we tried to protect them, fight for our neighbors, well shit. Now they want to abandon shit and settle in England becuase they can, they can get pissed up all day erryday, breed like rabbits, throw shit everywhere, loiter like i have never seen before, erry corner, patch of grass is taken with drunks, these people are ******* dogs, absolutely no respect, but what do you expect, this behavior has been breed into them for centerys, mico evolution in play and these Slavics are parasites.

\

I wish people would stop pissingwell breeding, then moaning they cant feed their kids, use contraception ffs! STILL, we are plagued with charity's scamming us out of money, how much was spent on educating about birth control?

Its all a load of shit, the human race is a parasite itself, i'm disgusted with myself and my race somtimes, look at me getting mad!

I dont need this shit, this is the medias fault and the governments fault!

I'm not completely insane though and I dont have a totally bleak view to life, I think its special as buggery and I want to make it even better.... for me though and those close to me, not people I dont know, sorry, but there is nothing I could do anyways, dont hate me for it, you dont even know me yet, until then I'll say nothing.

As to birth control, to paraphrase Mae West, religions get followers like minks get minks.

Religions that encourage overbreeding flourish - religions that discourage breeding die out. For example, compare the RC's with the Pennsylvania Shakers.

Who? You ask.

Precisely. They didn't believe in procreation, so they died out.

The result is a number of religions, desperately trying to outbreed each other, and all describing contraception as sinful. Hence world overpopulation. OK, I've simplified, but that's a very major factor.

Cant disagree with any of that really. Humans nature to thirst for information, the internet, social media, 24.7 news, reporters errywhere around the world from all the worst places telling us how bad it is. I just don't see how that is helpful.

I dont even want to know about mi6/5, they are secret for a reason, let them just get on with their shit I say.

I'm only worried about my own personal area and my friends and family, if that is compromised that i'll start to give a shit, but until then I just don't care about people getting killed around the world, or rather I dont want to be informed and tricked into being outraged, scared, powerless and every other feeling that goes with terror and destruction.

The Media incites terror everyday, BBC, Sky, CNN all of them are responsible. Sure I can swicth off, but what about everyone else? What about Egypt, Libia, Syria, Lebannon. The media told them that they were being oppressed and they should not put up with dictators, forcing their own capitalist liberal morals on other peoples is dangerous, now these people are fuming and burning their governments down, sometimes a dictatorship is better than democracy.

I'm just sayinh how it is, the media is too powerful, and there is nothing you can do about it, the world is now tiny and there are too many people now, and we are starting to be a bit funny about it, its only natural to want to protect your home.

\Taking Somalians in, WTF was the point in that? Now the problem is here ffs, we are not a ******* hotel for victims, Is there a sign on the UK that says victim storage? No, so why are we taking them in?

Polish and Eastern Euros can all piss off too, getting ******* annoyed with their shit, they treat this place like shit. Its not ******* Poland, Latvia, Romanina. They are destroying my town, we are overrun, OVERRUN with them i shit you not!

Not its not that I dont like them, I just dont understand why our gov made the borders open like this, its makes me want to cry somtimes it really does.

Bit controversial, but can we recall why we had two massive wars last centry? People forget sometimes what was sacrificed, we tried to protect them, fight for our neighbors, well shit. Now they want to abandon shit and settle in England becuase they can, they can get pissed up all day erryday, breed like rabbits, throw shit everywhere, loiter like i have never seen before, erry corner, patch of grass is taken with drunks, these people are ******* dogs, absolutely no respect, but what do you expect, this behavior has been breed into them for centerys, mico evolution in play and these Slavics are parasites.

\

I wish people would stop pissingwell breeding, then moaning they cant feed their kids, use contraception ffs! STILL, we are plagued with charity's scamming us out of money, how much was spent on educating about birth control?

Its all a load of shit, the human race is a parasite itself, i'm disgusted with myself and my race somtimes, look at me getting mad!

I dont need this shit, this is the medias fault and the governments fault!

I'm not completely insane though and I dont have a totally bleak view to life, I think its special as buggery and I want to make it even better.... for me though and those close to me, not people I dont know, sorry, but there is nothing I could do anyways, dont hate me for it, you dont even know me yet, until then I'll say nothing.

Ted, first of all, loved the passion in the post. I was with you all the way, got me off my seat and wanted you to explode in the last few sentences to the point where I wanted it to be an incomprehensible onslaught of F's P's and I would have allowed the C word just the once, but what happened?

You throttled right back and left us getting angry at how good this should have been, That last paragraph, WTF, is it too late to edit it out of my mind, you blew it big time with your wallowing in self pity part, you had us eating out of your hands with your passion and anger, and then it fell off a steep cliff of nothingness.

Bingo.

And let's not forget that opium production has now risen for the third year running.

Hmmm. So the West launches a war that has cost more than a trillion dollars (to date) in order to build a pipeline to benefit the former Soviet central Asian republics? And somehow the smuggling of raw opium from Afghanistan via Iran and Turkey is part of the West's masterplan too?

Nope. Don't buy those theories.

Hmmm. So the West launches a war that has cost more than a trillion dollars (to date) in order to build a pipeline to benefit the former Soviet central Asian republics? And somehow the smuggling of raw opium from Afghanistan via Iran and Turkey is part of the West's masterplan too?

Nope. Don't buy those theories.

Thing is though it's well documented that the yanks wanted to spray the opium field from the air to kill off the opium, but the british government were against it in case we alienate the afghan farmers, well hang on a mo they are growing drugs that make people rich and others poor worldwide and all we can think of is the poor farmers, wtf about people whose lives have been destroyed by opium.

i remember (i'm sure it was brown) our pm a few years ago making that point on the news, it was at that point that i realised our guys are dying for sweet **** all.

I've always held the belief that governments do not want a drug free society(the chance to destroy a large opium production centre was waved away because of the poor farmer). The war on drugs in the uk is farcical at best, have you ever wondered why they focus on cannabis, and not a large amount of hard drugs are ever seized(oh hang on a mo we have the chance to destroy one of the biggest sources of opium hmm ). to me it serves the purpose of diverting attention away from what's going on around people, as an example burglaries ,muggings etc get called drug related crimes, hookey cd's cheap fags etc, oh funding drug dealers. so a huge section of the population are focused on one belief instilled by the government, all crime is drug related. in that way bigger issues go under the radar.

The pipe line was again well publicised as i think it was to connect russia to the west as russia were going to supply cheap gas etc.

The simple facts of the matter is i have a huge pride in our forces and believe they should never have been sent to afghanistan, after all if the russians could not beat em( they fought fire with fire destroyed whole villages) , how the hell can anyone else (playing by the modern warfare rules).

Bring our boys home let the afghans carry on killing each other (not our problem), you will never beat an enemy when you cant fight on their level simple as. Maybe just maybe cameron wants our boys home and this is the quickest way of doing it , if i was pm i would have bought em home years ago.

Archived