IGNORED

Benik Afobe

eric04

An Arsenal blogger on twitter reckons we want to sign their young striker Benik Afobe. It is mentioned in another thread but thought it deserved it's own.

I remember seeing him a few years back when he was at Huddersfield in League One. Powerful lad, decent pace. Dare I say, what Marlon Harewood probably was 10 years ago.

He had a serious injury back in March but the blogger seems to think he's nearly fit again.

Turns into a good player on fifa ;)

All seriousness if this does have legs to it then we're supposedly getting a good link in with Arsenal, a hell of a team to have a link with if they fancy loaning some players too.

Indeed, Lets hope we called Mr Moyes congratulating him on his new job too. Man Utd & Arsenal probably have the best academies in England I'm sure they have a few players who could do us a job

Have heard there's substance to this one.

Bolton fans didn't rate him much last season. Then his loan spell at Millwall was cut short by injury. On the plus side apparently RVP is a fan of his and he was wanted by Barcelona at one point.

http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/afobe-shrugs-off-barcelona-rumours-and-commits-future-to-arsenal/

If this rumour is true and Afobe is on our list of targets. It certainly means the end for Baldock or Davies. Most likely the latter.

No it doesn't

Two are proven goal scorers this lad while talented isn't proven at all

I personally can't see Davies staying, not with O'Driscoll saying throughout last season, he's not quite fit enough on regular occassions.

Another quality player but if we had to get rid i'd say he's going to bring in the most money, save the most money and be the most easily replaced player of the players city fans see as championship starters.

I get the feeling that O'driscoll doesnt like playing with Albert and Davies.

He probably won't be transfer listed but I couldn't see SoD haggling too much if bids came in, unless they were derisory offers.

Sounds like a good player to be targetting as a replacement or rotation striker

Have heard there's substance to this one.

Bolton fans didn't rate him much last season. Then his loan spell at Millwall was cut short by injury. On the plus side apparently RVP is a fan of his and he was wanted by Barcelona at one point.

http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/afobe-shrugs-off-barcelona-rumours-and-commits-future-to-arsenal/

Would that be the Spanish Barcelona, or the League 2 Barcelona?!

Archived