IGNORED

Team Basically Sorted?

prankerd

I think we are done, bar a Goal keeper. People keep saying right back. Bryan could fill that spot if neccasary.

Hopefully this will but to bed the transfer hype on here and start to talk tactics.

With SOD as manager we all know what the tactics, formation and mindset will be, or should be, the question is , do we have the players to adapt to SOD's game phylosophy.....time will tell, so as far as "team sorted" it's anyones guess

Moloney

Wilson

Louis

Even Marv if we're completely out of options?

I think the squad would be more or less completed if we could bring in Emmanuel-Thomas and not lose Anderson.

Moloney aside, none of those are even close to ideal though. I know it's a back-up slot and we could loan someone if Moloney got a long-term injury but Wilson's unconvincing, Carey's surely would be badly exposed for pace and Marv would be an emergency option at best. I'm not really sure what the basis is for BCFC Mad's assertion that Bryan could play there. I've no reason to think he couldn't but I'm not aware that he's done it before and haven't heard anything to suggest he is a right-back in the making...

To my mind we do need a right-back and a goalkeeper. And ideally one more striker. Beyond that, I don't think the squad is ideal but don't think we could get more players in unless we managed to ship some out...

I think we are done, bar a Goal keeper. People keep saying right back. Bryan could fill that spot if neccasary.

Hopefully this will but to bed the transfer hype on here and start to talk tactics.

He is left footed? We all know how it went the last time we tried a right footed left back, im not so sure about a left footed right back either!

Bryan at right back? :dunno:

As for being 'done in the transfer market bar a goalkeeper', I think more likely at least 2 or 3 more departures and 4 or 5 still to come in.

We're nowhere near completing the squad overhaul yet.

Bryan at right back? :dunno:

As for being 'done in the transfer market bar a goalkeeper', I think more likely at least 2 or 3 more departures and 4 or 5 still to come in.

We're nowhere near completing the squad overhaul yet.

Agree. I'm sorry but every club needs 2 RBs and 2 LBs. We don't have that. Obviously still a keeper spot to be filled. Need someone creative in midfield desperately and realistically could do with another striker in the squad. We only have Baldock and Davies and that's not enough for a long season even if you're only operating with one up top.

In terms of departures the only other I'd be pleased to see leave would be Pearson. Don't want to see Albert or Ando go but think they both will.

Agree. I'm sorry but every club needs 2 RBs and 2 LBs. We don't have that. Obviously still a keeper spot to be filled. Need someone creative in midfield desperately and realistically could do with another striker in the squad. We only have Baldock and Davies and that's not enough for a long season even if you're only operating with one up top.

In terms of departures the only other I'd be pleased to see leave would be Pearson. Don't want to see Albert or Ando go but think they both will.

We also have Ryan Taylor. Krans and Burns give us furthered options too.

Though I still agree another senior/proven option is required, maybe JET and his versatility is that man.

Moloney

Wilson

Louis

Even Marv if we're completely out of options?

I think the squad would be more or less completed if we could bring in Emmanuel-Thomas and not lose Anderson.

Wilson can't distribute the ball, something you need at RB, especially under SO'D

Carey is far too slow, any wingers with an ounce of pace will be past him everytime,

Marv doesn't have a clue about RB

Hopefully this will but to bed the transfer hype on here ad start to talk tactics.

Bryan is left footed, you can't have that at fullback cause they will go on the outside of you everytime.

Basically we have no option at RB if Maloney is injured, I'd rather of kept Foster than any of your guys options, and that's saying something!!

Get in a young 19/20/21 year old RB, just as back up!

Wilson can't distribute the ball, something you need at RB, especially under SO'D

Carey is far too slow, any wingers with an ounce of pace will be past him everytime,

Marv doesn't have a clue about RB

Bryan is left footed, you can't have that at fullback cause they will go on the outside of you everytime.

Basically we have no option at RB if Maloney is injured, I'd rather of kept Foster than any of your guys options, and that's saying something!!

Get in a young 19/20/21 year old RB, just as back up!

I hope Mr O'Dricoll is reading this thread, takes the piss out of FM, who needs coaches ffs

I went to see Milan a few years ago and Maldini was the slowest player on the park, didnt see him get beat once. Experience and reading of a game can make up for a lot.

The Italian league is a lot slower than the English, also Maldini and Carey are leagues apart.

Yeah Carey's much better :shifty: I'm not comparing Siere A and League 1 for a second, but it's all relative isnt it? Don't get me wrong it wouldn't be ideal, just saying that a Wiley old head can have it's advantages. If i was playing devils advocate i could say if we had kept Ricky Foster we would have had cover for both full back positions already! :shutup:

Yeah Carey's much better :shifty: I'm not comparing Siere A and League 1 for a second, but it's all relative isnt it? Don't get me wrong it wouldn't be ideal, just saying that a Wiley old head can have it's advantages. If i was playing devils advocate i could say if we had kept Ricky Foster we would have had cover for both full back positions already! :shutup:

I just feel in league 1 they rely on pace more than skills, so they would just knock the ball past and run.

Dam, why didn't we just keep Foster!!!! Could play right wing too!

Right back cover is definitely a must, but any youth players able to step up as cover?

Think the biggest problem is who'll create chances. Lowest chances in champ last year...

Kilkenny can, but won't venture past the centre circle, and never puts his foot in, so you then need to play 3 in the middle to cover him. Hopefully kelly is the goal scoring midfielder we need, and joe bryan gets acgood run, buf Need someone wide that can make chances - like an Andy Reid or George Boyd type of player. Doesn't need lots of pace, but an eye for a pass and decent delivery. Woods perhaps?

We also have Ryan Taylor. Krans and Burns give us furthered options too.

Though I still agree another senior/proven option is required, maybe JET and his versatility is that man.

Krans most definitely is not good enough to step up to the first team. I'd be surprised if he features much during the season. He will be an under 21 player then probably moved on

I have a feeling Wilson and a couple others will be sent out on loan to remove there wage costs and run down their contracts elsewhere. As suggested, u21 right back will play as back up.

Just out of interest mate, who else do you think we might loan out to run down their contracts?

I have a feeling Wilson and a couple others will be sent out on loan to remove there wage costs and run down their contracts elsewhere. As suggested, u21 right back will play as back up.

For me, Wilson is the only first team player I would say we should loan out to run down their contract, as everyone else adds some level of value to the squad. Yes Fontaine was awful last season but he's perfectly capable of being cover assuming Williams is first choice LCB.

And despite what some people think of Pearson, he's a good squad player as he can play a couple of positions and will get you a few goals and assists a season (when he doesn't smash it 50 feet over the bar....)

Archived