IGNORED

Attractive Football And 7Th Place Or Long Ball And 3Rd?

Robin 101

Personally I'd prefer a few seasons in L1 to develop a young team playing attractive football than going up via play offs playing long ball stuff and being unprepared for champ once again. I also think we are more likely to see option 1 and will finish between 5th and 8th

If there's one thing we should be guaranteed under SOD's reign is that long ball football will be few and far between

I've yet to see a side he's put out resort to that, unless under pressure and needed

On the other point, I'm happy to consolidate this year, get a few young lads through and go for it from 2nd season, with an aim to be back in the Championship by 2015/16 season

Got to be attractive passing football for me.Outwitting ,not just out fighting ,the opponents.i detest bullfighting but it's the intelligence and courage of a man against the raw power of several hundreds of pounds of living beefburgers .Rarely does power alone win over skill and intelligence.

I like to watch creative players who dare to try something different.Think Cruyff ,Best,Ronaldo ,Bas Savage ...

If there's one thing we should be guaranteed under SOD's reign is that long ball football will be few and far between

I've yet to see a side he's put out resort to that, unless under pressure and needed

On the other point, I'm happy to consolidate this year, get a few young lads through and go for it from 2nd season, with an aim to be back in the Championship by 2015/16 season

Apart from last season you mean, yeah I know circumstances etc...

I'd like to see us build a team that plays attractive football. If laying the foundations for that means we end up finishing mid-table at best next season then so be it.

Apart from last season you mean, yeah I know circumstances etc...

I'd like to see us build a team that plays attractive football. If laying the foundations for that means we end up finishing mid-table at best next season then so be it.

Last season has been wiped from my memory! He done the best with what he had, I doubt we'll see the same this season

Last season has been wiped from my memory! He done the best with what he had, I doubt we'll see the same this season

I agree with you, had a job trying to convince my old man this season will not be like the last one though.

We have an opportunity to change our style of football for long-term. Thankfully.

No way Jose should we be looking at long ball. You can only go so far huffing and puffing. Look at use chasing shadows the last few seasons, or look at Colin who could get a team into the Premier League but then struggle to keep them there.

There's also the Stokes of this World, where the fans only get to enjoy watching a player wind up for a long through in. Even they've pretty much advanced as far as they can.

Whereas if you've look at Reading(obviously relegation aside) and Swansea, you can see that the possibilities can lead to much higher placed footballing side that actually plays football that I want to watch.

I agree with you, had a job trying to convince my old man this season will not be like the last one though.

We have an opportunity to change our style of football for long-term. Thankfully.

And that statement alone makes this season appeal more than the last 3 seasons, since the Coppell debacle

different situations require different tactics there is no point in relying on playing one way, Arsenal have done that and whats it won them?

if we are 1-0 down with 15 minutes to play we are going to start geting the ball forward trying to score pumping it into the box,

Got to be attractive passing football for me.Outwitting ,not just out fighting ,the opponents.i detest bullfighting but it's the intelligence and courage of a man against the raw power of several hundreds of pounds of living beefburgers .Rarely does power alone win over skill and intelligence.

I like to watch creative players who dare to try something different.Think Cruyff ,Best,Ronaldo ,Bas Savage ...

Exactly. Playing progressive, passing football is the key to our long term success. There's no reason why that style can't get us promoted next season, but I'd take consolidation next year and an improvement in the playing style. All I want to see from City next season is some substantial progress, and to quote our manager, for us to develop our own 'identity' and style of play.

different situations require different tactics there is no point in relying on playing one way, Arsenal have done that and whats it won them?

if we are 1-0 down with 15 minutes to play we are going to start geting the ball forward trying to score pumping it into the box,

Arsenal are making the European Cup every season. I know they haven't won any trophies (which is of course the reason you play football), but you can't dismiss that style of play as being unsuccessful. What Arsenal need is more investment in their team, not a 'plan B' long-ball approach.

Anyway, they won the league in the early 00s playing superb stuff week in week out. Wenger gets far too much stick.

Arsenal are making the European Cup every season. I know they haven't won any trophies (which is of course the reason you play football), but you can't dismiss that style of play as being unsuccessful. What Arsenal need is more investment in their team, not a 'plan B' long-ball approach.

Anyway, they won the league in the early 00s playing superb stuff week in week out. Wenger gets far too much stick.

I'm not dismissing it as unsucsessful I'm saying if you only play one way it will only get you so far, different situations require differe styles of play and tactics,

Something alot of people don't seem to get, They sitll think you stick with the same tactics and the same formation over 90 minutes, you don't,

A good manager will change things as a game devlops, for example if we were playing swansea and they were playing it around us but we were physically stronger then you'd use the long ball and the strength to your advantage,

If we were playing say swindon they were biger and stronger you'd play it around them and let them chase shadows wareing them out,

Its all about whats up against you on the field at the time,

You think? What is it, 8 seasons without a trophy....big club, that's a long time

Still seems far more concerned with bringing French youth through. He knows if he gets the chequebook out and fails then he's up for the chop. He was a breath of fresh air when he first came over, but he's getting left behind. How times change....

I'm not dismissing it as unsucsessful I'm saying if you only play one way it will only get you so far, different situations require differe styles of play and tactics,

Something alot of people don't seem to get, They sitll think you stick with the same tactics and the same formation over 90 minutes, you don't,

A good manager will change things as a game devlops, for example if we were playing swansea and they were playing it around us but we were physically stronger then you'd use the long ball and the strength to your advantage,

If we were playing say swindon they were biger and stronger you'd play it around them and let them chase shadows wareing them out,

Its all about whats up against you on the field at the time,

Completely agree with what you're saying, but our base plan needs to be pass and move attractive football. Yes, if we're getting completely outplayed then we need to be a little more savvy, but we need to start out with the right intentions.

Completely agree with what you're saying, but our base plan needs to be pass and move attractive football. Yes, if we're getting completely outplayed then we need to be a little more savvy, but we need to start out with the right intentions.

oh yea I agree, but we player nice attaractive football in this league under danny wilson and it got us nowhere we played some tidy stuff but went a bit more direct at times under johnson and it got us promoted,

Plan A at home should be attractive stuff that will attract crowds but if its not getting you anywhere you need a plan b and c

If we encourage and play the right style of football then the league position will be what it will be.

I would rather it take us 5 years the right way than 1 year the wrong way.

If we develop a style and reputation as an attractive quality team to support/play for then the long term rewards will come.

If we somehow did long ball and promotion, we will then get murdered again in the Championship.

If and when promotion comes I want the right style of football embedded in the core of the team to be able to compete and play an attractive game at a higher level.

If it takes 2, 3, 5, 10 years for that to happen then so be it.

Look at Swansea. They did things the right way and not so long ago were right where we are now. They developed a reputation for being a fantastic passing/possession side in both League One and the Championship AND they have sustained that to be competitive in the top flight, despite more than one managerial change.

Need I remind you that 6 years ago we were a bigger draw than they were for their "star striker"!

How the times change.

Winning attractive football.

Why is long ball guaranteed more success..?

Many teams get up playing winging attractive style..

So don't understand you're logic..

Didn't say it did just seeing if people would give up nice football for a higher placed finish.

After what Spain have done no one can say that

Winning attractive football.

Why is long ball guaranteed more success..?

Many teams get up playing winging attractive style..

So don't understand you're logic..

The scenario is that you are presented with choice A or B. No one is saying we cant finish top attractively, or even go down using long ball. The question is what means more to you this season, success or good football?

The scenario is that you are presented with choice A or B. No one is saying we cant finish top attractively, or even go down using long ball. The question is what means more to you this season, success or good football?

nether, stability is the most important thing for me,

Wage bill to come down debt to be reduced, progress on the ground and finally seeing young lads coming through,

all far more important to me then what style we will play

Attractive football for me is one touch and the ball behind the opposite defend. Like the germans and the brazil. We can not compare us with them but if City can can make a bit of that Im sure we can be high in the table. No 1 is to have a solid defence. When you lose the ball then the counter attack starts. Dont let the oppsite have the ball for a long time. Take it back as soon as possibly and then attack. Playing that game you have to have players who works very hard. Leauge one or Bayern Munchen you must have the players who runs and fight all 90 min. Dont got a clue but I think City is gonna have a god season. COYR!

Archived