IGNORED

Lazy Goalkeepers

WolfOfWestStreet

Bored at work so me and Villa fan mate were talking about 3rd choice goalies ... We worked out the following.

Serial 3rd choice goalkeeper Stuart Taylor has made 72 pro appearances in 16 years. Averaging 6:45 hours of "work" per YEAR.

Can anyone think of a top end goalie with a potential worse years/minutes ratio?

You can strike Carlo Nash and Brad Jones of already ....

Any thoughts from the stattos out there?

Bored at work so me and Villa fan mate were talking about 3rd choice goalies ... We worked out the following.

Serial 3rd choice goalkeeper Stuart Taylor has made 72 pro appearances in 16 years. Averaging 6:45 hours of "work" per YEAR.

Can anyone think of a top end goalie with a potential worse years/minutes ratio?

Ross Turnbull?

Peggy Arphexad http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegguy_Arphexad

Steve Harper at Newcastle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Harper

Hilario and Ross Turnball went to Chelsea in the knowledge that they would never be able to dislodge Cech.

Jan Mucha at Everton has made 1 appearance in 3 years.

Mike Pollit of Wigan is still registered as a player but hasnt plaed in about 5 years

Andy Marshall of Aston Villa never made an appearence in 4 years.

I'm sure one of his appearances was against the city for the rovers. For a pro footballer it must be a really empty existence, yeah he's loaded with a big house, fancy car, hot wag by his side but is it really worth it?????? Right just off to find my goalkeeper gloves

I'm sure one of his appearances was against the city for the rovers. For a pro footballer it must be a really empty existence, yeah he's loaded with a big house, fancy car, hot wag by his side but is it really worth it?????? Right just off to find my goalkeeper gloves

You are right. He made 4 appearances for us in 1999 one of which was a goalless draw at AG

He wont be anywhere near as bad, as he played a lot at Chelsea, but Cuidicini was one of those keepers who really bugged me. Stayed at Chelsea despite knowing he was never going to reclaim number 1 and was quite happy to just pick up a pay check. He could have walked into almost any other team in the country on his day

He wont be anywhere near as bad, as he played a lot at Chelsea, but Cuidicini was one of those keepers who really bugged me. Stayed at Chelsea despite knowing he was never going to reclaim number 1 and was quite happy to just pick up a pay check. He could have walked into almost any other team in the country on his day

Was on a staggering amount of money too, a mate of mine had a hand in a mortgage application. Massive wedge for doing next to nothing

Archived