IGNORED

Riga Or Prague

BristolCity1992

Hey, We are taking a 5 day break in September and are looking at either Riga or Prague. Obviously Prague is well known but I remember a lot of people on here talking up Riga from when City went over and I would quite like to go somewhere a bit different to the norm so was wondering what people here thought? Did Bristol airport ever fly to Riga? I can only seem to get flights from Stansted which is fine as I don't mind travelling out there but I am sure we used to have flights from Bristol.

Hey, We are taking a 5 day break in September and are looking at either Riga or Prague. Obviously Prague is well known but I remember a lot of people on here talking up Riga from when City went over and I would quite like to go somewhere a bit different to the norm so was wondering what people here thought? Did Bristol airport ever fly to Riga? I can only seem to get flights from Stansted which is fine as I don't mind travelling out there but I am sure we used to have flights from Bristol.

I've flown to Riga from bristol on Ryan Air. I was on a stag and it was a good crack but whilst there I also thought what a nice City it would be to take my wife for a weekend.

Done both. Prague is not what it was 10 years ago. Prices gone right up, and pissed up stag dos have made the locals less welcoming.

Riga every time. Stay at Franks, go see Skonto, enjoy Scandinavian women who come over on the the ferry. Happily go back there.

Done both. Prague is not what it was 10 years ago. Prices gone right up, and pissed up stag dos have made the locals less welcoming.

Riga every time. Stay at Franks, go see Skonto, enjoy Scandinavian women who come over on the the ferry. Happily go back there.

100% agree. Although Berlin is better still.

Ive not been to Prague but Riga is well worth a visit. I went when City went over it was class. Cheap beer, beautiful women, good crack, nice locals and a really nice place to top it off. Just dont get lost in old town 6 in the morning as you'll have massive trouble finding where you need to be!!

Ive not been to Prague but Riga is well worth a visit. I went when City went over it was class. Cheap beer, beautiful women, good crack, nice locals and a really nice place to top it off. Just dont get lost in old town 6 in the morning as you'll have massive trouble finding where you need to be!!

And mad blokes in Hawaiian shirts!

Don't know if you have considered Tallinn, Estonia. I have been living here for 3 years and the old town is much more beautiful, bigger and older than Riga, drinks are good and fairly cheap, in fact the Finns come over regularly on the ferries to take back cartloads of it. There are a few English bars and some Irish ones, some good clubs here and rarely is there any trouble as the locals are very law abiding. Lots of Stag and Hen parties come here, but not in excess and popular with us English. Ryan Air fly from Stanstead and Easyjet from Gatwick although Easyjet don't fly every day.

Try it I am sure you will like it.

Never been to Riga but Prague is the most overrated place in my opinion.

Unless your into dark dingy bars full of blokes or seedy strip clubs. Thought the locals were a grumpy bunch as well.

Beautiful city though. I went in 2003 and 2007

it was way better before then. Then the west started visiting for the wrong reasons and completely ruined it unfortunately.

Not surprised the locals a grumpy. A once beautiful city ruined by western arseholes pissing and puking on the street while shouting and swearing. If I was a local I would be pretty pissed off as well.

Don't know if you have considered Tallinn, Estonia. I have been living here for 3 years and the old town is much more beautiful, bigger and older than Riga, drinks are good and fairly cheap, in fact the Finns come over regularly on the ferries to take back cartloads of it. There are a few English bars and some Irish ones, some good clubs here and rarely is there any trouble as the locals are very law abiding. Lots of Stag and Hen parties come here, but not in excess and popular with us English. Ryan Air fly from Stanstead and Easyjet from Gatwick although Easyjet don't fly every day.

Try it I am sure you will like it.

I've been to Tallinn three times, in 2008 and then twice in 2011. Never been when its warm and sunny as went in April 08 and nov and dec 11.

Really nice city and locals very nice. I enjoyed my trips out there.

Riga every time, although as Tallinn Red says, his adopted home city is worth considering too.

They're a friendly lot the Lats (and Estonians!) and as others have said the standard of women, both Scandinavian visitors and the local honeys, is superb.

After thought: If you go to Riga. Mention that you hold Gary Johnson in high regard. He's still a God there and you'll be bought drinks.

Archived