IGNORED

Keepers On Trial...

BUTOR

I may be being a bit unfair here but I thought the first half performance of Charles-cook was terrible, friendly or not! Didn't hear him once, not vocal enough. He was at fault for the second goal and could take the blame for the first, also the two chances he had at taking a cross were both blundered and flapped at, very nearly resulting in an own goal, while his kicking didn't exactly cover himself in glory either, most floating over the heads of wingers and full backs for a throw or being flatly hit below head height.

Roos replaced him in the second half and didn't really have much to do apart from a well taken cross and a few goal kicks, but the only conclusion drawn from that game for me is get rid of Charles-cook and how the **** is Pearson still here?!

the only conclusion drawn from that game for me is get rid of Charles-cook and how the **** is Pearson still here?!

Other people on the match day thread identified Pearson as our stand out player today, along with Reid, so is this just a personal gripe with a player that you aren't keen on, or was he infact no good today and the other posters are imagining it...?!

Other people on the match day thread identified Pearson as our stand out player today, along with Reid, so is this just a personal gripe with a player that you aren't keen on, or was he infact no good today and the other posters are imagining it...?!

In fairness he will have to do a lot more than a stand out performance against Clevedon to get the fans on side.

Of the 3 on show today I liked the Clevedon keeper, but someone in the crowd said he was ex Rovers, not sure if that was Forest Green or Gas. He was vocal and made some decent saves.

We can all watch the same match and come away with different thoughts, the beauty of football. Personally I didn't find Pearson particularly dreadful, if I was pushed to name a player to take that award, taking account of age and experience I would give it to Kilkenny.

My 'disappointing' award would have to go to Taylor. I know the season is still a few weeks away, but I thought this was the worst performance by him in a city shirt, and I've previously been a slight believer in him. He failed to make any impression at all and very short on ideas, it's like he never even met his team mates before.

On today's performance there is a lot of hard work ahead, it's like they have forgotten how to play after having a few of weeks off!

Of the 3 on show today I liked the Clevedon keeper, but someone in the crowd said he was ex Rovers, not sure if that was Forest Green or Gas. He was vocal and made some decent saves.

Danny (Greaves) is ex gas but I wouldn't say he supports them, just a typical youngster back then who wanted to play football.

Danny had a year off last season but has resigned for Clevedon for this season.

He didn;t have much to do today TBH, no chance with the goal but confidently claimed a few crosses and made a point blank save.

Danny greaves has always been a good local keeper. his time may have come and gone. But perhaps theirs another gem out their on the non league scene. after all that's where Steve Phillips came from. and whatever people say about him ( I'm not his biggest fan) theirs no doubt he gave us good service and value for money!

If it was Danny Greaves then he is ex Gas, though I don't think he ever played a first team match for them. He's a decent keeper at Southern league level, a good shot stopper but can be a little dodgy on crosses at times.

Archived