IGNORED

Dave L. Community Suggestion.

Robin101

Can we please send the boys to Cheddar Gorge and Caves? Get out a bit wider than Bristol and into Red Somerset? There's not a particular reason I'm suggesting Cheddar, its not like I work there and would like a day 'off' meeting the city team... :tumbleweed:

Somerset CCC are visiting soon, just to add...

Get them down Taunton, quite a few "old timers" down here already, be good to open the young uns eyes to what's 45min up the road rather than the little rouges supporting premier teams

Quite right mate, there are so many Somerset towns and others further affield that could provide more support than at present. The club should provide travel and entry packages in conjunction with First group and the like. There's a station not half a mile from the ground and two main roads passing close by, public transport to the ground is decent unless your in Bristol. The club should be out in the schools, local clubs, pubs promoting matches. Out of sight is out of mind in my opinion. When was the last time you saw a city related item in a shop other than at AG?

WBA, Norwich, Hull you name them thier in the market place to sell their goods and promote the club.

My son has attended the community trust summer holiday coaching sessions.

A couple of observations:

It would be good if post course kids who attend were given some form of momento of the day/days e.g hand out/certificate. If this is meant to happen, in the case in question it didn't.

Many of the kids attending are very young, there is quite a spread of ages, there can also be a considerable difference in physical size. For the less confident and out going lads than can be intimidatiing. I would look at how kids are met and greeted. The trainers themselves are on the young side, and not being parents may not realise how ill at ease some kids are.

Those are observations of pre and post sessions. Ending on a high my son did want to go again, and will.

Quite right mate, there are so many Somerset towns and others further affield that could provide more support than at present. The club should provide travel and entry packages in conjunction with First group and the like. There's a station not half a mile from the ground and two main roads passing close by, public transport to the ground is decent unless your in Bristol. The club should be out in the schools, local clubs, pubs promoting matches. Out of sight is out of mind in my opinion. When was the last time you saw a city related item in a shop other than at AG?

WBA, Norwich, Hull you name them thier in the market place to sell their goods and promote the club.

that would be fine if you wanted to pay 60 quid for the travel and arrive some time deep into the 2nd half

that would be fine if you wanted to pay 60 quid for the travel and arrive some time deep into the 2nd half

Sat 3rd Aug Taunton to Bristol return £12.10 , thirty two minutes each way. Trains every thirty minutes, don't get yourself a job purchasing anything for anyone or promoting travel options. That's cheaper than a taxi home from central Bristol to Whitchurch.

Why the club can't offer season tickets including cheap travel I don't know.

Archived