IGNORED

Junior Football Kits

screech

My son has been looking into playing football for a local junior side, not being from Bristol it's difficult to force him into supporting City although I will be getting him a season ticket and gradually wearing him down over the next few years. He currently has only heard of Messi, Rooney and a few other high profile players and not Marvin Elliot, yet.

Anyway, he didn't have a football kit so I looked into buying him the City kit for football training, thinking it would be a good idea for him to at least have something other than Man Utd who he says he likes or Barcelona due to Messi.

Now, don't get me wrong, this kid will be brainwashed into being a City fan eventually, it just annoyed me when I saw the price of getting him a full City football kit, £35 for shirt, £20 for shorts and £8 for socks for an 8 year old. At those prices it aint going to happen, when I can get the Man Utd or Barcelona kit in full for £32. Surely this must be a good reason why you see so many Premier League football shirts in and around Bristol, it's just too expensive.

My son has been looking into playing football for a local junior side, not being from Bristol it's difficult to force him into supporting City although I will be getting him a season ticket and gradually wearing him down over the next few years. He currently has only heard of Messi, Rooney and a few other high profile players and not Marvin Elliot, yet.

Anyway, he didn't have a football kit so I looked into buying him the City kit for football training, thinking it would be a good idea for him to at least have something other than Man Utd who he says he likes or Barcelona due to Messi.

Now, don't get me wrong, this kid will be brainwashed into being a City fan eventually, it just annoyed me when I saw the price of getting him a full City football kit, £35 for shirt, £20 for shorts and £8 for socks for an 8 year old. At those prices it aint going to happen, when I can get the Man Utd or Barcelona kit in full for £32. Surely this must be a good reason why you see so many Premier League football shirts in and around Bristol, it's just too expensive.

I thought Marvin Elliot was high profile?

He's played for Jamaica!

In all seriousness, why not get him an England kit? Aren't they cheaper?

Man U's kids kit is dfferent from the main kit, it has no collar. Odd.

Edit: On the Man U web site the kids shirt is the same but costs £42

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/kit_selector.aspx?selectorid=518&portal=GVSF3N6Q&CMP=PSC-GVSF3N6Q

Man U's kids kit is dfferent from the main kit, it has no collar. Odd.

Edit: On the Man U web site the kids shirt is the same but costs £42

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/kit_selector.aspx?selectorid=518&portal=GVSF3N6Q&CMP=PSC-GVSF3N6Q

You can get the full kit for £38 from their shop http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/kit_selector.aspx?pid=131441&portal=&cmp= JJB seems to be a bit cheaper though.

My point stands, I am never going to buy a full City kit for him at £63, is it any wonder there are more and more kids wearing Premier League shirts in Bristol when it is nearly half the price for the kits.

I've got an eleven year old daughter who is extremely tall for her age and has been in adult clothes for at least two years. Last season she wanted the full kit but as acreech says it's a lot of money, To have the full kit plus name and number on the shirt cost if I remember correctly £99 (that included BCFC shinpads.

I couldn't do this in one go so she had the shirt for her birthday and the rest from her grandparents for christmas. I know it's nice to have the kit in one go but spreading it over birthday's etc and getting family to buy bit's as presents makes it more affordable.

You can get the full kit for £38 from their shop http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/kit_selector.aspx?pid=131441&portal=&cmp= JJB seems to be a bit cheaper though.

My point stands, I am never going to buy a full City kit for him at £63, is it any wonder there are more and more kids wearing Premier League shirts in Bristol when it is nearly half the price for the kits.

Wasn't doubting you mate, just thought it was odd that the kids shirt is different to the main shirt.

I wouldn't stress over what kits he wears though. When my son was growing up he wore all manner of football shirts just because he liked how they looked, but he always had his City top for wearing to Ashton Gate and he's now 23 with a Season ticket and City tattoos the lot!!

Wasn't doubting you mate, just thought it was odd that the kids shirt is different to the main shirt.

I wouldn't stress over what kits he wears though. When my son was growing up he wore all manner of football shirts just because he liked how they looked, but he always had his City top for wearing to Ashton Gate and he's now 23 with a Season ticket and City tattoos the lot!!

Absolutely.

I'm not too worried about it now, afterall, i'll be getting him a season ticket this season and gradually turn him into a city follower like any other religious leader of our church does. Brainwashing is the way forward.

Archived