IGNORED

S'od On Jet

Red Skin

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130709-sodonsignings-902926.aspx

Apologies of posted already....

Good to see S O'D acknowledge that JET will get the freedom he needs to hurt teams. Creative technical players are special and a rare talent that need to be nurtured and to some extent indulged. He acknowledges there are areas he'll need to improve and he will have to fit within some overarching system but it's nice to see S O'D treat players like grown up and give them responsibility to go out and do their stuff. Looking for forward to it.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130709-sodonsignings-902926.aspx

Apologies of posted already....

Good to see S O'D acknowledge that JET will get the freedom he needs to hurt teams. Creative technical players are special and a rare talent that need to be nurtured and to some extent indulged. He acknowledges there are areas he'll need to improve and he will have to fit within some overarching system but it's nice to see S O'D treat players like grown up and give them responsibility to go out and do their stuff. Looking for forward to it.

Does this mean we can be spared the regular OTIB Sunday Review of our most talented player's workrate and willingness to track back?

Given the JET comments that have already appeared on here (plus the hunger in some quarters to criticise Albert) I think it unlikely.

Think the difference between JET and Albert is Albert plays in a position where he has to be aware of his defensive responsibilities and isn't always, whereas get the impression JET's role won't be restricted at all so the donkey work will be done by the rest of the team to allow JET do what he does.

When we've tried playing Albert as a second striker before it hasn't worked, he hasn't adapted, he is an out-and-out winger. There's obviously nothing wrong with that, and he's been our only shining light at times in the past couple of seasons, but I think we will we see more of a leniency with regards to JETs lack of perceived workrate than Albert's simply of because of where they will play on the pitch.

Seems like JET will be playing the number 10 role which is what I think he said is his preference so yes less donkey work. Hopefully we'll be on the front foot more this season and he'll get more of the ball to do some damage. One of the downsides of relegation to Div 3 is that teams unlike in the Championship teams will come to AG and play for the draw, so having someone that's a out of the ordinary and provide that creativity (and also possess a decent shot) may be even more important than ever.

SOD pretty much said Wagstaff was replacement for Anderson in that article.

Scott can play wide on either side, has a great work ethic and someone who very much is a team player. Although still quite young he has a lot of experience at this level, and was an integral part of Charlton's League One title-winning side a couple of years ago.

“In many ways he is a similar player to Paul and as a free transfer, again, he represented a good investment."

Although still definitely don't think JET will be a replacement for Albert as a winger and will playing in a floating role off a main striker. SOD knows Albert's going you would think, it's just a case of when, so he's already replaced the creative player albeit in a slightly different role.

SOD pretty much said Wagstaff was replacement for Anderson in that article.

Scott can play wide on either side, has a great work ethic and someone who very much is a team player. Although still quite young he has a lot of experience at this level, and was an integral part of Charlton's League One title-winning side a couple of years ago.

“In many ways he is a similar player to Paul and as a free transfer, again, he represented a good investment."

Although still definitely don't think JET will be a replacement for Albert as a winger and will playing in a floating role off a main striker. SOD knows Albert's going you would think, it's just a case of when, so he's already replaced the creative player albeit in a slightly different role.

agree

I'm not familiar enough with the type of forward that SO'D has employed in the past, but what I do remember of his teams they never seemed to conform to the 'Target Man/Poacher'- dynamic, as I recall Hayter and Sharp often playing together for Doncaster.

With JET apparently not a 'big man', despite his height, could be he'd fit well with players like Davis and Baldock, providing the ammunition for them and playing off their movement. In fact that trio, supported by a solid back-line and narrow yet well organised midfield is something I'd be more than happy seeing unleashed on League One defences.

With JET apparently not a 'big man', despite his height, could be he'd fit well with players like Davis and Baldock, providing the ammunition for them and playing off their movement. In fact that trio, supported by a solid back-line and narrow yet well organised midfield is something I'd be more than happy seeing unleashed on League One defences.

I'd be happy with that too. Davies and Baldock do strike me a quite clever players that'd do well played through from midfield. Never seem the players that would be rushing into the box diving headlong to get on the end of a blistering cross. In fact I can't really recall the last striker we had that was decent at getting on the end of crosses. Goater?

I'd be happy with that too. Davies and Baldock do strike me a quite clever players that'd do well played through from midfield. Never seem the players that would be rushing into the box diving headlong to get on the end of a blistering cross. In fact I can't really recall the last striker we had that was decent at getting on the end of crosses. Goater?

Ade Ak?

Archived